I Just Said Goodbye

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
I just said goodbye to my brother. Agent Orange finally got him. A veteran of the 5th Mechanized Infantry Regiment, 25th Division. Awarded a Purple Heart and Bronze Star for his actions in Operation Junction City.

He suffered from PTSD and after-effects of Agent Orange exposure. Diabetes, hypothyroidism, and ischemic heart disease (cause of death) all caused by Agent Orange exposure.

We had a long talk (several hours) right after he was admitted about a month ago. We both agreed that we never wanted to live as an invalid and in his case to be a burden to his kids and grandkids. At least I had a chance to say goodbye to him. Too many times we are unable to have that type of closure.

He smiled at me tonight and wrote on his whiteboard. "Go Rams" He was never a big NFL fan, he was a hardcore Dodger fan. He used to coach high school and little league baseball for years. But he would talk football with me and he was very knowledgeable as his son played high school football as a DB.

If I'm not on the board much for a while you guys know why.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
My most sincere condolences to you and your family.

May your brother rest in peace.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
My condolences. Glad that you two had a chance to find closure together. Sounds like you guys had a good bond.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sorry man. I know it’s hard to lose a sibling.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My condolences OnD. Thanks for sharing.

I’ve not lost a sibling. I can’t imagine.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am sorry for your loss....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My condolences on your loss. As somebody who's lost a few family members lately, not brothers close, it's never easy and I couldn't imagine losing somebody that close.

Take care

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My deepest heartfelt condolences. My brother Alan is at the Riverside National Cemetery. Didn't see action, but was a Sgt in the army, and always struggled with alcohol his entire life. We lost him to a ruined liver at the young age of 52.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We may just be Ram-bros here, but we are here for you just the same. Take care man, my sincerest condolences

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My utmost condolences, Old. May your brother rest in peace.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Condolences. I lost my brother a few years ago to cancer. He was only 64. You always think you're older brother in invincible. Life takes on a different outlook after that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sorry for your loss. Lost my oldest brother a few years back so I know how you feel man.

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you all for your kind words and support. I've visited the forum a few times, not to post but to take my mind to a better place. Losing my friends in combat was in some ways easier because it was war. In the heat of battle and anger was all I needed to deal with. My brother was a war casualty decades later, killed by our own government's stupidity. But I have to remember things in the context of the time.

This forum and my bothers here are a safe haven for me to come to and bring my mind to a better place. You have no idea how important this place is to me right now. It still makes me smile how my brother said "Go Rams". Even he knew at the end where I needed to mentally go. So yeah Go Rams is where I'm taking myself.

My heartfelt gratitude to you all! Hell how can they lose now when even my brother who wasn't an NFL fan was rooting for them!

Go Rams and fuck the Niners and Hawks! Oh yeah and Fuck PFF's ratings. The dick wads.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So sorry for your loss. It’s never easy to say goodbye to a sibling. I wish you happiness in remembrance of your brother.

Judge Doom

Margot Robbie's Future Love Slave
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just now reading this.

As a USCG vet myself always hate to hear about another fellow military man passing away.

My condolences and hope he RIP. Don't know you personally, but we are here for you friend.