I HATE the Whiners!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I would put my hatred of the San Francisco 49ers up against almost anyone. Goes back half a century, beginning with a three-year-run (1970-1972) when John Brodie’s Niners won three Division Titles despite the Rams beating them 5-of-6 times, usually by double-digits.

In the ‘80s, the Rams may have been the second-best team in the NFC but the 49ers, with Walsh and Montana were the best. And the Rams almost had Bill Walsh!

Still, I don’t under-rate or estimate those fuckers. San Francisco has had a lot of good teams. That’s what makes beating them so memorable and enjoyable.

The 1985 Monday Night comeback that led to a rare Division Title. The 1988 Week 16 blowout that secured a playoff spot (4 Everett TDs and 4.5 Greene sacks) and Bruce’s four touchdown receptions in 1999. These are great memories for a life-long Rams’ fan.

Getting destroyed in the ‘89 NFC Championship was awful (but a great three-game-run to get there).

Beating S.F. In the NFC Championship this past season was fantastic.

All these strong emotions are based on hating this opponent, and recognizing how good they are. For me, both are needed. I just don’t get as much pleasure from a strong Rams team defeating a weak opponent that has little history with the Rams.

I thought the 49ers were really good last year and playing really well in January. Thought they were well constructed to beat the Rams. Still think they are loaded, and a formidable challenge. They have a huge question at QB.

I would love to see Garoppolo traded and Lance struggle and fail. Just not assuming either.
After enduring the 80's and 90's, I will go to my grave a Niner hater. Fuck them.

They could lose every game, every year for the next twenty and it wouldn't be enough...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Sorry to those who have heard this story many times before......

Early 80's I enter 7th grade junior high.
Our PE coach is the notorious Coach Turner. A Marine style drill sergeant who's sole goal in life is to turn 'boys into men'. He invented the cross-fit style workouts before cross-fit was a thing. Vomiting was common due to level of cardio required in his strenuous workouts.

Coach Turner was a 49er fan.
Once or twice a week he'd do the pop quiz to a boy in our class...."Who's your favorite NFL team?"
If an answer other than 9ers was given the whole class would have to do some form of outrageous cardo like sprints, or the Tennessee shuffle, or the wall sit for 60 seconds....after the punishment was doled out, he'd ask the same boy again. Always, the answer would change to 49ers.

Until later in the year the day everyone dreaded came. It was my turn to be asked.
"Rams". I exclaimed.

Tennessee shuffle for 5 minutes.

Now, think you want to change your answer?
"Rams". I exclaimed.

Sprints.

The cycle went on and on for the entire 60 minute period.

The whole class suffering due to my stubbornness to yield.
I was not popular that day.

Coach Turner told me I was the first student to ever hold out the entire class period without caving.
He was proud of me. He never asked me that question again for the rest of 7th and 8th grade at that school.
To this day, one of my favorite all time teachers/coaches.

Looking back, I'm not sure I would have had held out if Coach Turner was requiring a different answer than 49ers. Don't get me wrong, I love the Rams and always will, but I do believe I hate the 49ers equally or even more than I love the Rams. Maybe its a Yin / Yang thing...like Neo and Agent Smith. One doesn't exist without the other. The good side and dark side of the force.

Go Rams!

Somehow... this is the 1st time I've heard this so I'm glad you shared it again.

Props to you my Brudda for standing strong. Love it!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah. I really have no words to describe how much I can't stand that fucking shit fuck, fuck face of a team. They were the original cheating douche licking, shit bird trash heap organization before the cheating slap dick putriots came along and stunk up the league for the last 20 years.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Suck on this Whiners Fans! Forever on our beautiful hardware.

1658499050542.png