I Can't Help It, Kurt Warner Bothers Me Now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Kurt has been disconnected from the Rams for a long time. TBH I don't think it has anything to do with 2004. The people involved in the decision to release Kurt are all long gone. Rams could've welcomed him back into the fold but never truly did.

The St. Louis Ring of Fame at the Dome was just another example of the Rams odd relationship with their alumni. They had more "St. Louis Cardinals" than "St Louis Rams" player names on the wall. It was weird. Meanwhile the "Arizona Cardinals" put Kurt in their ring of honor.

Now that they're in LA, I doubt the Warner/Ram relationship improves much, unless the Rams want it to.

But on the day after the NFL announced the St. Louis Rams are no more and are heading back to Los Angeles, where they played from 1946-1994, Warner has mixed feelings.

He told Arizona Sports 98.7 FM’s Doug and Wolf Wednesday morning how it’s difficult and is not sure where his place will be with the L.A. Rams.

“I definitely don’t associate myself with the L.A. Rams and what does that look like as part of the Rams family being from here on out, it will be something that I’m completely unfamiliar with from the organization,” Warner said. “I’m very interested in seeing how this all plays out and how you feel as a member of the Rams family, but a member of somewhere else and something different — how that feels and what that looks like going forward.”

“It would definitely be strange to be at a completely different building and kind of go through that process,” Warner said of being associated with the Los Angeles version of the Rams. “Again, only time will tell what this means for former St. Louis Rams and what that looks like moving forward.

“Maybe it’s not that big of a deal as I think. You’re just proud to be associated with the Rams organization regardless of where they are. So I really don’t know. It’s just kind of a wired feeling to think that a huge part of my career and some great memories were established in St. Louis and now I will probably never go back to see another Rams game in St. Louis and be a part of that. It will be strange.”

http://arizonasports.com/story/518021/warner-unsure-of-his-place-in-rams-history-with-move-to-l-a/

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kurt has been disconnected from the Rams for a long time. TBH I don't think it has anything to do with 2004. The people involved in the decision to release Kurt are all long gone. Rams could've welcomed him back into the fold but never truly did.

The St. Louis Ring of Fame at the Dome was just another example of the Rams odd relationship with their alumni. They had more "St. Louis Cardinals" than "St Louis Rams" player names on the wall. It was weird. Meanwhile the "Arizona Cardinals" put Kurt in their ring of honor.

Now that they're in LA, I doubt the Warner/Ram relationship improves much, unless the Rams want it to.

But on the day after the NFL announced the St. Louis Rams are no more and are heading back to Los Angeles, where they played from 1946-1994, Warner has mixed feelings.

He told Arizona Sports 98.7 FM’s Doug and Wolf Wednesday morning how it’s difficult and is not sure where his place will be with the L.A. Rams.

“I definitely don’t associate myself with the L.A. Rams and what does that look like as part of the Rams family being from here on out, it will be something that I’m completely unfamiliar with from the organization,” Warner said. “I’m very interested in seeing how this all plays out and how you feel as a member of the Rams family, but a member of somewhere else and something different — how that feels and what that looks like going forward.”

“It would definitely be strange to be at a completely different building and kind of go through that process,” Warner said of being associated with the Los Angeles version of the Rams. “Again, only time will tell what this means for former St. Louis Rams and what that looks like moving forward.

“Maybe it’s not that big of a deal as I think. You’re just proud to be associated with the Rams organization regardless of where they are. So I really don’t know. It’s just kind of a wired feeling to think that a huge part of my career and some great memories were established in St. Louis and now I will probably never go back to see another Rams game in St. Louis and be a part of that. It will be strange.”

http://arizonasports.com/story/518021/warner-unsure-of-his-place-in-rams-history-with-move-to-l-a/
It's only strange in his head. The Rams have opened their facilities and welcome St Louis Rams players. Orlando Pace, Steven Jackson, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, and other lesser players have come to Ram's events. They are open to him, he is just not open to the Rams.

…..

Legend
My thing is.....can you really blame him? He wasnt ready to leave. We didn't believe in him. They did. Life is simple.

I dont judge Kurt at all. I just focus on the good times.

tempests

Hall of Fame
It's only strange in his head. The Rams have opened their facilities and welcome St Louis Rams players. Orlando Pace, Steven Jackson, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, and other lesser players have come to Ram's events. They are open to him, he is just not open to the Rams.

I think it's more than just inviting him to events. Rams marked Bruce and Faulk's contribution to the GSOT by retiring their jersey #s. And they just recently signed Dickerson to a contract so he could "retire" as a Ram.

I'm not saying they have to do either of those things with Kurt but they probably should have when they were still in STL. I know they honored him in week 1 last year, for his HOF induction, but I don't remember what exactly they did. And he got his HOF ring in Arizona.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's more than just inviting him to events. Rams marked Bruce and Faulk's contribution to the GSOT by retiring their jersey #s. And they just recently signed Dickerson to a contract so he could "retire" as a Ram.

I'm not saying they have to do either of those things with Kurt but they probably should have when they were still in STL. I know they honored him in week 1 last year, for his HOF induction, but I don't remember what exactly they did. And he got his HOF ring in Arizona.
That's the thing, it's on Kurt, more than on the Rams. He won a Super Bowl and MVP with the Rams, but the Cards allowed him to redeem himself. I highly doubt that he would want to sign a one day contract to retire with the Rams. He visits Cardinals camp because he wants to. He visits the Rams camp only if he is paid to do it.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Kurt got screwed by the Rams. I was totally pissed with the way they treated him. I had trust in Kurt.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kurt got screwed by the Rams. I was totally ticked with the way they treated him. I had trust in Kurt.
When does it ever end well when you have a QB that seems to have lost it and denied there was anything wrong with his hand..when there clearly was something wrong with it, AND a good QB was ready to step in and take over? Bulger was there and he was good, maybe not KW in his prime, good, but good enough to do Martz's system.

If Kurt had stayed, I don't think his career would have lasted long as Martz's horrid drafts never replaced the departing GSOT team members. Bulger's name became a verb due to the battering he took. The Ram's ship was going down, and Kurt Warner's case for the HOF luckily led him to a resurgent career in Arizona when Leinhert busted.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kurt:
jifGnfQ.jpg

Jared:
Yvonne_Strahovski_Comic-Con_2012.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh and Bulger...
2017-12-27_Rosie_ODonnell.jpg

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Ummm..........Surely you jest, right Shirley?

:yess::mrburnsevil:

Yes I do. Sorry for the unintentional head fake.

Legit Hall of Fame QB.

My couchy thing with smiley face didn’t work out on the mobile.

Kurt is a great guy and don’t mind him hanging with the Cards. It’s his peeps too.

GO RAMS!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds and Isaac Bruce both ended up with the 49ers and I still love them. So why not Kurt "I'm the only QB to win a Super Bowl for the Rams" Warner? Lest we forget...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjwJ4LjE3Zg

Bonus shots of Brenda at 2:34 and Jeff Fisher at 5:06 :)

You had me until you mentioned Hacksaw...He was my favorite player until he left the Rams and won a Super Bowl with the NINERS! Ike never won a Super Bowl with any other team, nor did Kurt (but it was close). Hacksaw is now, dare I say, impregnated (?) with Niner-ness, and is dead to me. Ike supports the team still, but Kurt is still being a flirtatious hussy withe the Cards!:sadwalk:

Last edited:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Kurt's HOF speech sealed it for me....doubt the sincerity of his faith, too....what do I know?
He appears to be a guy trying to be smooth...actor

fearsomefour

Legend
That’s seriously funny. :LOL:

But damn he took a beating for us.

I really felt sorry for him.
Maybe if he saw the inside of a weight room?
Maybe if he didn't run in a little circle almost every time pressure came?
Seriously though....both those guys are tough as nails and took countless shots....back when defenders could still really hammer QBs.....to deliver the ball for Mad Mike.