I can't fuckin stand this reason re: NFL players

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
"Can't stay healthy."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... 1af3c.html

Yeah I know it's the fuckin PD article. But when I read this, this just pissed me off.

Bernie Miklaz said:
2. In his three seasons in St. Louis, has Bradford experienced the benefit of having a receiver that’s as consistently good as Wayne? Heck, no. Danny Amendola is one of the NFL’s top slot receivers, and the Rams have a better offense when he’s in the game. But two things about Danny, and neither comment should be interpreted as criticism: (A) Amendola hasn’t been able to stay healthy; (B) he’s never been a Pro Bowl pick. But when Amendola is in the lineup, the Rams are more successful, and so is Bradford.

Huh? Didn't Amendola play in all 16 games in 2010 and had the 2nd highest total yards ever?! So suddendly landing on an his elbow and falling down hard means he can't stay healthy? This is the guy that wanted to play w/ his fucked up elbow, and has come from a LIFE THREATENING injury much faster than expected.

B. So fuckin what? There's ton of players that haven't gotten to a Pro Bowl and all of a sudden that means the player isn't good enough? By that logic, London Fletcher wasn't a good player until 2009. The fuck?!

Bernie Miklaz said:
4. That’s expected. Luck came into the 2012 draft as one of the most heralded QB prospects in the history of the draft. Luck had a lengthy, uninterrupted career at Stanford and was a safe bet to become a star. Bradford came out of Oklahoma with a bum shoulder and didn’t rise to the level of being considered worthy of the No. 1 overall selection until relatively late in the process. Luck had attained No. 1 overall prospect status even before he left Stanford. Bradford and Luck each were No. 1 overall picks. But not all No. 1 overall picks are equal.

Bradford had a surgically repaired shoulder...that didn't even require surgery. He did it to make it stronger. It was never bum. Bradford was also a lock to go first overall both the year he decided to go back to OU and again his final year there. Learn the fuckin facts.

See...it's shit like this that makes makes Sam (or any player really) into a target for bashfests. Instead of fair and balanced, they get marked as labels like "injury prone" or "inferior."

OK...off my soapbox.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Bernie Miklaz said:
neither comment should be interpreted as criticism
Bernie tears up one of our best players, but hey folks, its just honest reporting, not yellow journalism. Bernie's not criticising, he's just "reporting".

Bernie Miklaz said:
4. That’s expected. Luck came into the 2012 draft as one of the most heralded QB prospects in the history of the draft. Luck had a lengthy, uninterrupted career at Stanford and was a safe bet to become a star. Bradford came out of Oklahoma with a bum shoulder and didn’t rise to the level of being considered worthy of the No. 1 overall selection until relatively late in the process. Luck had attained No. 1 overall prospect status even before he left Stanford. Bradford and Luck each were No. 1 overall picks. But not all No. 1 overall picks are equal.
St Louis Ram fans should run Bernie out of town for comments like this. I think everyone here knows my disgust for Bernie, but I'm starting to wonder how much of this is also on the StL fanbase, as the consume and feed off his crap, keeping him in business. I stopped listening to him years ago, but until the local market turns him off, he's going to keep doing what he does, because the man is a snake.

Just read this book...
snakes-in-suits-when-psychopaths-go-work-paul-babiak-paperback-cover-art.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Snakes-Suits-When ... 0061147893

nittany ram

Rookie
Re: I can't freakin stand this reason re: NFL players

Well, Bernie is correct when he says that Bradford has never had a receiver of Wayne's ability. That's just true. Amendola is an effective slot receiver but he's no Reggie Wayne. That said, that should not be an indictment of Amendola. Wayne is probably one of the top 5 receivers in the league. And I agree with you that the probowl means nothing and that although Amendola has missed more games than he's played the last two years I wouldn't say that he's injury prone just yet.

About Bradford, there was concern about his shoulder prior to the draft and also some concern about the skills he developed in a spread offense transfering to the NFL. Not everyone thought he was a slam dunk. Turns out those concerns are probably non-issues but they were legitimate, IMO. I have no problem with someone saying Luck is a better prospect. He probably was/is. That doesn't mean he's going to be the better QB.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think you guys are taking his words to heart a little to hard.

I don't think he was criticizing Amendola at all, just stating the fact that in the three seasons with Bradford and Amendola he has only had his first that he was healthy for all games...and the statement about being to a pro bowl is again a fact. And I think that the mention of it is more so that Amendola hasn't even been in the conversation as a pro bowler. Using London Fletcher as an example...he has been mentioned in the pro bowl discussion for much of his career.

If Amendola had been healthy all last year and not missed the past few games I think it is safe to assume he MAY be in the pro bowl discussion...but who knows.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

Sum1BTRthnU said:

I don't think he was criticizing Amendola at all, just stating the fact that in the three seasons with Bradford and Amendola he has only had his first that he was healthy for all games...and the statement about being to a pro bowl is again a fact. And I think that the mention of it is more so that Amendola hasn't even been in the conversation as a pro bowler. Using London Fletcher as an example...he has been mentioned in the pro bowl discussion for much of his career.

If Amendola had been healthy all last year and not missed the past few games I think it is safe to assume he MAY be in the pro bowl discussion...but who knows.
The problem isn't whether what Bernie says is the truth or not. He's feeding the trolls and he knows it.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sum1BTRthnU said:

My problem was they way how ole Bernard said Amendola "can't stay healthy." I hate that label. So is there some sort of magic formula that a player should take that prevents elbows from being discombobulated when an entire man's body weight lands on it? Or when a gets hit on the ground hard? Danny Amendola...this is a guy that was fuckin body slammed WWE style by Ronaldo McClain. Labels like "can't stay healthy" is insulting and has no merit. It's football...injuries happen.

Bernie's only other reason Amendola isn't as good as Wayne (or Andre, Fitz, Jennings, Driver, w/e) was he didn't make the Pro Bowl. Huh? What about size, style, experience? Do none of those other things matter?

nittany ram said:
Well, Bernie is correct when he says that Bradford has never had a receiver of Wayne's ability. That's just true. Amendola is an effective slot receiver but he's no Reggie Wayne. That said, that should not be an indictment of Amendola. Wayne is probably one of the top 5 receivers in the league. And I agree with you that the probowl means nothing and that although Amendola has missed more games than he's played the last two years I wouldn't say that he's injury prone just yet.

About Bradford, there was concern about his shoulder prior to the draft and also some concern about the skills he developed in a spread offense transfering to the NFL. Not everyone thought he was a slam dunk. Turns out those concerns are probably non-issues but they were legitimate, IMO. I have no problem with someone saying Luck is a better prospect. He probably was/is. That doesn't mean he's going to be the better QB.

I agree, Bradford hasn't had a WR like Wayne, and Danny isn't Wayne. But Bernard is comparing the two. Based on Pro Bowl merit. SMH.

Bradford had shoulder surgery. And Adrian Peterson had a broken collarbone. And McGahee had a gruesome knee fuck. Bernard acts like Sam's shoulder was weak and wouldn't ever heal. It was a grade 2 (I think) sprain that didn't require surgery. Sure, the questions about his transfer to the NFL were fine. But that wasn't mentioned. And I don't care about Luck. Sam brought 1-15 to 7-9 (well the team did). Just like Luck's team is doing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

nittany ram said:

Sup Nittany. I didn't notice you there.
Did you get a haircut or sumpin'?

All that you said is true. Bernie has a propensity to rile up the fan-base, and he knows that. It's what keeps guys like him in business and keeps his ratings high. If he was a completely objective 'reporter', then he wouldn't be as popular. He's just be another Softli. Both have their places, but I don't really put as much stock into what Bernie says as I do Softli and Venturi.

Luck is further along on the development scale even as a rookie. The way Bradford came through the ranks started out okay, and then they ran him through a buzz saw. Completely mismanaged to the point it was almost criminal. I seriously doubt it was intentional though. He's a really bright kid and I'll bet they thought he could handle a system change during a lockout. A lot of us did. Way back to when he was gathering the offense at Lindenwood to try and get everyone up to scheme DURING the lockout. But the fact is, he was driven back a couple of steps in 2011. No QB coach, no off-season, no familiarity with the system, and a really, REALLY banged up offensive line to go along with losing his best receiver. It was a perfect (shit) storm and he's still recovering from that. If Luck ever has to go through something like that, he'll struggle too. Imagine him going into an entirely new system next year without the benefit of repping it, losing Wayne, and watching his O-line go right into the shitter player by player. He would most certainly not be the same heralded prospect we're seeing now. Instead the headlines would be "Sup with Luck?" and his "fans" would be ripping him to pieces along with the Organization that drafted him.

So congrats, Bernie. You've informed me of nothing for the 100th time.

nittany ram

Rookie

X said:
nittany ram said:

All that you said is true. Bernie has a propensity to rile up the fan-base, and he knows that. It's what keeps guys like him in business and keeps his ratings high. If he was a completely objective 'reporter', then he wouldn't be as popular. He's just be another Softli. Both have their places, but I don't really put as much stock into what Bernie says as I do Softli and Venturi.

Luck is further along on the development scale even as a rookie. The way Bradford came through the ranks started out okay, and then they ran him through a buzz saw. Completely mismanaged to the point it was almost criminal. I seriously doubt it was intentional though. He's a really bright kid and I'll bet they thought he could handle a system change during a lockout. A lot of us did. Way back to when he was gathering the offense at Lindenwood to try and get everyone up to scheme DURING the lockout. But the fact is, he was driven back a couple of steps in 2011. No QB coach, no off-season, no familiarity with the system, and a really, REALLY banged up offensive line to go along with losing his best receiver. It was a perfect (shyte) storm and he's still recovering from that. If Luck ever has to go through something like that, he'll struggle too. Imagine him going into an entirely new system next year without the benefit of repping it, losing Wayne, and watching his O-line go right into the shitter player by player. He would most certainly not be the same heralded prospect we're seeing now. Instead the headlines would be "Sup with Luck?" and his "fans" would be ripping him to pieces along with the Organization that drafted him.

Hi X. Cool-lookin' site cha' got cheer.

Yeah, I was only responding to the quoted portions of Bernie's article. I didn't read the actual article. I rarely read Bernie anymore. He's too reactionary and extreme. And like you said, he just does it to rile up the fans and generate buzz.

I'm a Spags supporter but hiring McD (to quote Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park) was "the worst idea in the long history of bad ideas" although like you I was onboard with it at the time. If not for the injuries the Rams may have been able to weather the storm until Bradford got up to speed but they happened and it cost the Spaniard his job and it hurt Bradford's development. Yeah, if Luck had to deal with all the obstacles Bradford has (three O-coordinators in three years, injuries to the o-line, lack of weapons on offense) they'd be calling him "Bad" Luck. And despite what you may have heard I am the first person to think of that moniker and apply it to him, so it's still fresh and clever.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

nittany ram said:
X said:
nittany ram said:

Luck is further along on the development scale even as a rookie. The way Bradford came through the ranks started out okay, and then they ran him through a buzz saw. Completely mismanaged to the point it was almost criminal. I seriously doubt it was intentional though. He's a really bright kid and I'll bet they thought he could handle a system change during a lockout. A lot of us did. Way back to when he was gathering the offense at Lindenwood to try and get everyone up to scheme DURING the lockout. But the fact is, he was driven back a couple of steps in 2011. No QB coach, no off-season, no familiarity with the system, and a really, REALLY banged up offensive line to go along with losing his best receiver. It was a perfect (shyte) storm and he's still recovering from that. If Luck ever has to go through something like that, he'll struggle too. Imagine him going into an entirely new system next year without the benefit of repping it, losing Wayne, and watching his O-line go right into the shitter player by player. He would most certainly not be the same heralded prospect we're seeing now. Instead the headlines would be "Sup with Luck?" and his "fans" would be ripping him to pieces along with the Organization that drafted him.

Hi X. Cool-lookin' site cha' got cheer.

Yeah, I was only responding to the quoted portions of Bernie's article. I didn't read the actual article. I rarely read Bernie anymore. He's too reactionary and extreme. And like you said, he just does it to rile up the fans and generate buzz.

I'm a Spags supporter but hiring McD (to quote Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park) was "the worst idea in the long history of bad ideas" although like you I was onboard with it at the time. If not for the injuries the Rams may have been able to weather the storm until Bradford got up to speed but they happened and it cost the Spaniard his job and it hurt Bradford's development. Yeah, if Luck had to deal with all the obstacles Bradford has (three O-coordinators in three years, injuries to the o-line, lack of weapons on offense) they'd be calling him "Bad" Luck. And despite what you may have heard I am the first person to think of that moniker and apply it to him, so it's still fresh and clever.
That IS pretty freaking clever. So much so, that I don't know why it didn't occur to me first. :amped:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Guys, Bernie isn't a reporter. He is a columnist. He is paid to give his opinion.

I really don't understand why there is so much outrage at his statement about Amendola staying healthy...again, I don't take it like he is being critical of Amendola because of health, he is only stating the obvious. If anything all he has done is state that Amendola is the best weapon Bradford has and that it is unfortunate that he hasn't been 100% the whole time...then Bradford wouldn't get as much flak as he does.

I am Bernie fan, but I'm not going to go to bat over him. I'm just really confused by such outrage...and I don't understand the criticism and allegation that Bernie riles people up...if anything he goes up against the yahoos in Ram Stalk and takes the so called optimist stance way more that anyone else in the St.Louis media.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Ram Quixote said:
The problem isn't whether what Bernie says is the truth or not. He's feeding the trolls and he knows it.
Exactly!

Sum1BTRthnU said:
Guys, Bernie isn't a reporter. He is a columnist. He is paid to give his opinion.

I really don't understand why there is so much outrage at his statement about Amendola staying healthy...again, I don't take it like he is being critical of Amendola because of health, he is only stating the obvious. If anything all he has done is state that Amendola is the best weapon Bradford has and that it is unfortunate that he hasn't been 100% the whole time...then Bradford wouldn't get as much flak as he does.

I am Bernie fan, but I'm not going to go to bat over him. I'm just really confused by such outrage...and I don't understand the criticism and allegation that Bernie riles people up...if anything he goes up against the yahoos in Ram Stalk and takes the so called optimist stance way more that anyone else in the St.Louis media.
Bernie's "opinions" are always in the extreme, and almost always negative, bordering on the irrational. If he was a political columnist he'd be writing for DailyKos on the Left or JBS on the Right. It's not about honesty and integrity, it's about serving an agenda.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
interference said:
Ram Quixote said:
Exactly!

Sum1BTRthnU said:

Bernie's "opinions" are always in the extreme, and almost always negative, bordering on the irrational. If he was a political columnist he'd be writing for DailyKos on the Left or JBS on the Right. It's not about honesty and integrity, it's about serving an agenda.

This is just really interesting to me. Because if you look at some of the posts on his forum you get the exact opposite opinion of him. Many people criticize him for being an apologist.

Anywho...different strokes for different folks.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Sum1BTRthnU said:
interference said:
Ram Quixote said:
Exactly!

Sum1BTRthnU said:

This is just really interesting to me. Because if you look at some of the posts on his forum you get the exact opposite opinion of him. Many people criticize him for being an apologist.

Extremism breeds polarization.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
interference said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:
interference said:
Ram Quixote said:
Exactly!

Sum1BTRthnU said:

Extremism breeds polarization.

Umm...uhh...ok?

If one group thinks he's an apologist...and the other thinks he's always negative...I'm not so sure there is a lot of extreme behavior there. Oh well...no skin off my nose if you don't like his work! :cheese:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

What irritates me the most about Bernie is his inconsistent opinion.

He says Fisher needs time, then he turns around and blasts them for the London game--the only game the Rams haven't been competitive this season. He followed that up with an apologist take on how getting angry over one game was good. (Way to empower the trolls.)

He talks up Bradford one week, then lays backhanded compliments on him the next week.

I'd love to have a job where I could change my position on vital points week to week.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sum1BTRthnU said:

His 2 reasons that Amendola wasn't as good as Reggie Wayne were:

1. He can't stay healthy. Which is a total blanket statement. 2 unfortunate and freak injuries just doesn't make someone "not stay healthy." Like there's some sort of super secret that prevents injuries.

2. Hasn't been to the Pro Bowl. That's just...I don't even know where to begin.

He completely looked over experience, scheme, what type of WR he is, development, etc.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

His 2 reasons that Amendola wasn't as good as Reggie Wayne were:

1. He can't stay healthy. Which is a total blanket statement. 2 unfortunate and freak injuries just doesn't make someone "not stay healthy." Like there's some sort of super secret that prevents injuries.

2. Hasn't been to the Pro Bowl. That's just...I don't even know where to begin.

He completely looked over experience, scheme, what type of WR he is, development, etc.