I am BORED!! Rams next Big Transaction??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Now that the Rams and Bobby Wagner have agreed to terms (Great Move by the Rams!!) what can us Rams Fans can expect next (AD extending his contract?, Signing OBJ, etc)?

I have come to always expect with MCVAY & SNEAD the UNEXPECTED!!!

Seems Funny!! Before MCVAY and SNEAD the NFL offseason was pretty much all about the DRAFT but now due to the Rams success and most of their high Draft Picks being traded away the Draft just is not as exciting to me as before (THANK GOODNESS!!!)!

Last edited:

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I bet we sign a damn good UDFA to a nice deal next!

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bet we sign a damn good UDFA to a nice deal next!

Any ideas or preferences who (Gilmore, Clooney, Ingram, etc) you would like to see the Rams pursue?

I would be thrilled to see them go after Gilmore but I am guessing he will be way out of the Rams reach (BUT, With MCVAY & SNEAD I guess anything is possible!)!

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
I really would have been happy with Arden Key. He’s been suggested on here by some other posters, and after doing some research on him, I think he would have been a nice signing.
Key as a starter in this defense could have put up some good numbers.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Now that the Rams and Bobby Wagner have agreed to terms (Great Move by the Rams!!) what can us Rams Fans can expect next (AD extending his contract?, Signing OBJ, etc)?

I have come to always expect with MCVAY & SNEAD the UNEXPECTED!!!

Seems Funny!! Before MCVAY and SNEAD the NFL offseason was pretty much all about the DRAFT but now due to the Rams success and most of their high Draft Picks being traded away the Draft just is not as exciting to me as before (THANK GOODNESS!!!)!
I am so happy that we don't even think about the draft until February. There were way too many years where the draft was the only exciting thing we had to look forward to come November.

dang

Legend
I gotta believe a FA CB is on the short list unless Kareem Orr is the next DWill. Rochelle needs at least another year.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
We will draft more late round picks, develop them over a few years, they will be starters on a winning team, and they will sign with other teams for HUGE contracts, and not do that well.

Rinse and repeat.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We will draft more late round picks, develop them over a few years, they will be starters on a winning team, and they will sign with other teams for HUGE contracts, and not do that well.

Rinse and repeat.

That seems like the standard solution.To think The Rams win the SuperBowl again is going to count on the progress of these players.
The Rams are counting on thise players & no major injuries to key players.

2021 feel perfectly into there hands.The Baltimore game is a perfect example of how close NFL teams match up. The Rams depth was nice.

RR31 is going to probably be the player The Rams need to come through for a late rd pick.

Bobby Brown - 21(2)years old ?

Ernest Jones had the best season of All the rookies in 2021.

Ben Sko as well

Chris Garrett,E.Brown,J.Harris,Tutu need to flash.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Any ideas or preferences who (Gilmore, Clooney, Ingram, etc) you would like to see the Rams pursue?

I would be thrilled to see them go after Gilmore but I am guessing he will be way out of the Rams reach (BUT, With MCVAY & SNEAD I guess anything is possible!)!
I'd obviously like for them to kick the tires on Gilmore, Clowney and Tyrann Mathieu but they seem out of price range at this point.

Realistically I'd like to see them kick the tires on LB Anthony Barr, EDGE Trey Flowers, CB A.J. Bouye and S Landon Collins.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Need a Punter for OTA's, however, I really believe the Rams are drafting a Punter this year so I don't expect a signing unless it's a Punter with not much experience. As to the other position especially Edge & CB I could see Melvin Ingram & Bryce Callahan at cap friendly deals.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Bored Already!?!

I have no idea but would guess you should want a Donald extension next because that could open-up significant 2022 cap space for the Rams; and they would probably need that before another significant signing or trade.

We don't have the details of the Wagner contract ... guaranteed-$, and the 2022 cap-hit. Unless that cap-hit is very small, the Rams may not be in a position to make a significant move.

Jourdan Rodrigue stated that after Donald, the Rams will address Kupp; and that could also create cap space for next season. However, per Jourdan (who I both love and respect), Kupp might not happen until May.

Finally, this is the Rams ... so expecting the unexpected is reasonable.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I can see jones or Lewis picking up the edge role but we really do need a starter quality CB. See if Rochelle can win the job over a vet who may have lost a half step.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I can see jones or Lewis picking up the edge role but we really do need a starter quality CB. See if Rochelle can win the job over a vet who may have lost a half step.
Interesting but I don't see Jones on the Edge. May be utilized more in a blitzing-role from the inside.

Opposite Floyd, I think it's Hollins and Lewis with Garrett as a wild-card. Whatever our opinions may be, my guess is the Rams' coaches have clear thoughts on both Lewis and Garrett ... No idea if those thoughts are positive or negative. Can also see an Edge-addition or two through the Draft, free agency or via trade.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Interesting but I don't see Jones on the Edge. May be utilized more in a blitzing-role from the inside.

Opposite Floyd, I think it's Hollins and Lewis with Garrett as a wild-card. Whatever our opinions may be, my guess is the Rams' coaches have clear thoughts on both Lewis and Garrett ... No idea if those thoughts are positive or negative. Can also see an Edge-addition or two through the Draft, free agency or via trade.

Inside works as either AD or Robinson will be doubled on every play so jones can move through the gap created by the 2nd blocker.

I'm hoping the coaches really believe they have a breakout player of the ones you mention. Maybe Lewis.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
In season trade. I suspect the Rams add another FA or two but I do not think any huge name(s) will be involved.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Inside works as either AD or Robinson will be doubled on every play so jones can move through the gap created by the 2nd blocker.

I'm hoping the coaches really believe they have a breakout player of the ones you mention. Maybe Lewis.
Yeah but I'm thinking Jones or Wagner blitzing a couple times a game ... not on a regular basis.

Also think they will continue to take Robinson off-the-field in most passing situations

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
As long as Tyrann Matthieu and A few others are still floating around out there, I could see an eventual CB signing.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
In season trade. I suspect the Rams add another FA or two but I do not think any huge name(s) will be involved.

I tend to agree with your thoughts here and believe we'll wait to see which players don't make the post draft cuts or perhaps even wait until the final roster cuts immediately following the pre-season games to when teams trim down to 53 from 90 players.

Like most, I would like to get OBj signed fairly soon, and maybe even bring back an inexpensive Morgan Fox at DE.

The Rams went 7 - 2 prior to Von Miller joining the team, so the only real Edge difference between 2021 and 2022 beginning for these last two seasons is the loss of OBO Okoronkwo, and his stats weren't exactly mesmerizing. As much as we'd all like to find Von Miller type production again, Hollins & Lewis will be looked at as our prime rotational players with Chris Garrett's development becoming our wildcard competition. I suspect the Rams will add a later round Edge rushing OLB in the draft and wait at least until we have a few regular season games under our belt before deciding on whether we'll need to seek veteran help prior to the trade deadline again.
I can see the Rams spending for a higher draft pick at CB than at Edge, although that really depends how BPA falls to us. We are likely to see how Rochell & Long's development becomes a decisive factor or whether we'll seek another teams CAP Casualty following Cuts.
jmo.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Who knows? I'm not expecting any big names but....

It's not like they need a lot anyway. They lost their LT, OL leader and RG. Noteboom has filled in admirably and now, gets his chance to be the guy they drafted him to be. Who's the RG? Anchrum? Shelton? They have options.

They lost a guy who they got midseason (VM) and 2 guys they lost midseason (Woods & SJD). They lost a #2 corner most fans complained about all year and a punter who many claimed was losing it some.

They're in good shape.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Bored Already!?!

I have no idea but would guess you should want a Donald extension next because that could open-up significant 2022 cap space for the Rams; and they would probably need that before another significant signing or trade.

We don't have the details of the Wagner contract ... guaranteed-$, and the 2022 cap-hit. Unless that cap-hit is very small, the Rams may not be in a position to make a significant move.

Jourdan Rodrigue stated that after Donald, the Rams will address Kupp; and that could also create cap space for next season. However, per Jourdan (who I both love and respect), Kupp might not happen until May.

Finally, this is the Rams ... so expecting the unexpected is reasonable.
Especially LOVE!