Hue Jackson prepared to jump in a lake

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...son-prepared-to-fulfill-promise-jump-in-lake/

Hue Jackson prepared to fulfill promise, jump in lake
Posted by Darin Gantt on December 27, 2017

Hue Jackson promised that the Browns wouldn’t go 1-15 again this year, and that if they did he’d jump into Lake Erie.

So while he has a loophole (they may go 0-16), he is prepared to make good on his pledge, and dive into the frigid waters.

Via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Jackson opened his press conference Wednesday in a good mood.

So how many people are jumping in the lake with me?” Jackson said. “Obviously I’ve got to get wet. I get it. I can pick a day and get everyone out there, we’ll all be in swimsuits and trunks and snorkels and all that.”

Jackson said he’d follow through to benefit his foundation, which works to end human trafficking.

“That’s going to be at my convenience, and hopefully I can get a lot of people to come out,” he said. “It’d be something that we’re going to make special. I don’t like it, don’t like to do it for the reason why I’m having to do it, but I have to make do on my word. I just think that’s what you do. I do get that. I made a statement, I gotta back it up. That’s the type of person I am, so that’s what we have to do.”

The fact some good might come out of the gesture is the only good news about it, since he’s carrying a 1-30 record into this week’s game. He insisted he’s confident he’s going to get a chance to improve that record next year, which some might think as good of an idea as giving yourself hypothermia.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1-30, my God. It's like you have to TRY to do that. This year, 0-16 is just as impressive(ly bad) as 16-0.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Straight to Fulham, UK..The Fulham Britons!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's my Great-Grandparents hometown....The Jags will have to move to Ireland.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

They should relocate to Manila in the Philippines and be re-branded as the Folders.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only

Trade away your few only good players and draft total busts at the top of the draft?

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I disagree.... How i felt for a whole year after the rams moved, i wouldnt want any fan to experience that.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
maybe its all an incredibly long plan/con so when they finally get a talented roster every team they face will think "oh its the browns, we dont got to worry" and they cruise their way to a super bowl.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I truly hope the Browns eventually get as good a combo at head coach and GM as the Rams have to turn that franchise around. They need their own version of Jeff Fisher(but not actually him) to get them to 6-10 to 7-9 for a few seasons before their version of Sean McVay arrives to lead them to the playoffs. Let's not forget that for the last many years the Rams matched the Browns in futility. I have empathy for their fans. Go Browns!!! :cool:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hue Jackson prepared to fulfill promise, jump in lake

A lot of fans are prepared to throw him in the lake so there may not be a reason for him to jump on his own.

It's an ownership issue. The NFL has let greed control who they sold franchises to, all that mattered was $$$. Haslem had the $$$.

If the NFL did anything better than the shit job it does selecting owners this wouldn't be an issue.

And they need to tape JJones mouth shut, as they have finally learned from the Goodell contract issue.

The business model the way its run now is going to have what some industries call "a correction".

I truly hope the Browns eventually get as good a combo at head coach and GM as the Rams have to turn that franchise around. They need their own version of Jeff Fisher(but not actually him) to get them to 6-10 to 7-9 for a few seasons before their version of Sean McVay arrives to lead them to the playoffs. Let's not forget that for the last many years the Rams matched the Browns in futility. I have empathy for their fans. Go Browns!!! :cool:

I do too, it's my hometown and essentially everyone I know back home is a Browns fan and they have been totally fucked over by ownership dating back to Modell.

It's like having an eternal Frontiere.

This owner and Al Lerners son have been among the worst in the NFL.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Watch out for shrinkage.

Shrinkage_nqgmc5.gif