How would you feel if the season ended this way...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Imagine we go into the final week 9-7, needing a win and you're in for the playoffs at the Niners.

The Niners, meanwhile, have clinched the NFC West.

We go into half down 17-3, but after halftime say "ENOUGH" and come back to beat the Niners in OT.

Then we go into Dallas in the wildcard round and pull off the upset. Then win AGAIN to make the NFCCG.........against the Niners.

It's a hard fought game where we are up 10 at the end of the third quarter with the Niners driving......but we end up losing by a FG.

The Niners meanwhile go onto win the Super Bowl.

Yes a little funny, but I realized after this game, how good the Niners look AND the fact that we play them in week 18 that this is a somewhat plausible scenario up until us winning playoff games. From there the question becomes this:

Would you rather beat the Niners in week 18, win two playoff games but lose to the Niners who win the Super Bowl?

OR

Lose in week 18, miss the playoffs but the Niners do NOT win the Super Bowl?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Oh gawd nothin will make me vomit with rage more than the shitters winning the Super Bowl.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Imagine we go into the final week 9-7, needing a win and you're in for the playoffs at the Niners.

The Niners, meanwhile, have clinched the NFC West.

We go into half down 17-3, but after halftime say "ENOUGH" and come back to beat the Niners in OT.

Then we go into Dallas in the wildcard round and pull off the upset. Then win AGAIN to make the NFCCG.........against the Niners.

It's a hard fought game where we are up 10 at the end of the third quarter with the Niners driving......but we end up losing by a FG.

The Niners meanwhile go onto win the Super Bowl.

That scenario could never happen. Not in a Million Years ... ;)

dang

Legend
Don’t underestimate the level to which Coach Ratboy can choke. His panic will increase with each round of the playoffs.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
9ers don't deserve a Superbowl.... ever! (in my world)

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
too long to read....but skimmed.... a 9er SB win??

do the honorable thing and enforce a 2 week self ban.
Actually it’s worth reading because of what @FrantikRam did in creatively providing a scenario that, at first, seems extremely unlikely but is EXACTLY what happened, with the slightest of modifications.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cant ever back a scenario that includes the 49ers winning a Superbowl, and I also cant back a scenario that has me "choosing" the Rams to lose a game to the 49ers
Cant their be a 3rd option? Lol

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Although I would like us to win every game we play, I could tolerate your scenario where we lose the NFCCG... as long as the 49ers LOSE the SB.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Although I would like us to win every game we play, I could tolerate your scenario where we lose the NFCCG... as long as the 49ers LOSE the SB.

The scenario is Exactly what happened in 2021.
Just replace 49ers with the Rams; and Rams with the 49ers.
So the Niners have to win the Super Bowl because the Rams did so.

It's a great thread topic. I'm with @dieterbrock. I can't answer it!!!

If the 2023 Rams go 10-7 and qualify for the Post-Season by defeating the Niners in the final game of the Season; and THEN win two Playoff games before losing a very close NFC Championship ... THAT would be Fucking Amazing!

But if the Niners are the team that defeats the Rams in the NFC Championship; and, then they win the Super Bowl ... THAT would be Fucking Awful!

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am going to take the unpopular opinion. I'd rather the Rams beat the 49ers to get to the playoffs. Beating the Cowboys in the playoffs will send Jerry into deep despair and cost the head coach his job? Think about what that would mean to this young team. To know that they accomplished what noone thought would be an obtainable goal. McVay coach of the year after that? Maybe that shuts his retirement talks down for a change at the beginning of nxt offseason. I'd rather have all that happen and get bounced by the super bowl winner.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I think I'd rather whack my thumb with a metal hammer than even think about those ever again.