How was officiating?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I usually have to rewatch games to catch the subtleties but for the most part it seemed to be fairly called. Or did I miss something?

The only call that I really thought hurt was holding on Sullivan. It was a drive killer. It did look like much of a hold from what I could see. And if you can call a hold on every play, that was very ill timed.

The ref missed Pass Interference against Cooks near the End Zone but it would have been hard for them to see and call with certainty.

Side note: Vegas probably made a buttload on people picking the over.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
There were some crappy calls - particularly the "hold" on Gurley's big run in the 4th - but I don't think we can blame them for the loss at all.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There were some crappy calls - particularly the "hold" on Gurley's big run in the 4th - but I don't think we can blame them for the loss at all.

That was the one I was referring to. It came at an inopportune time. I couldn’t really see what was flagged. Otherwise it seemed pretty square.

Ellard80

Legend
Ehh... I'd give them a C.

The holding call on Sullivan was a killer and a bad call.. but the Ref's didn't make us punt 8 straight times.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Well this was a Super Bowl with the Cheatriots so only time will tell.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mediocre. But we dug of our own grave.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I thought the refs were pretty decent. They are only human. They will naturally miss some calls and get other calls wrong. On balance, I think the Patriots' got the advantage from the refs (as usual), but the reffing was not even close to the reason we lost. They generally let the players play. Including a few instances of very tight coverage by Peters, where he got a bit grabby, and stricter refs would have called holding if not defensive pass interference.

I will say that the hitting a defenseless receiver penalty on NRC was ridiculous (we would've gotten the ball back as it would have been 3rd and 20+ for the Patriots) and the weak holding call on Gurley's run definitely helped turn the tide of the game.

I am sure Pats fan could point out numerous penalties against the Rams that should have been called as well, but were not.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It was fine. Missed a few, but that's par for the course. They didn't decide the outcome. Someone did grab Cook's arm on the missed TD reception late in the 4th, but I doubt anyone could really see that when it was happening at full speed. Plus it would have been borderline ticky-tack.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
They missed a P.I. on Cooks. The corner pinned one of his arms down.

That was a game changer given that Goff threw a duck the next play.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I thought the refs were pretty decent. They are only human. They will naturally miss some calls and get other calls wrong. On balance, I think the Patriots' got the advantage from the refs (as usual), but the reffing was not even close to the reason we lost. They generally let the players play. Including a few instances of very tight coverage by Peters, where he got a bit grabby, and stricter refs would have called holding if not defensive pass interference.

I will say that the hitting a defenseless receiver penalty on NRC was ridiculous (we would've gotten the ball back as it would have been 3rd and 20+ for the Patriots) and the weak holding call on Gurley's run definitely helped turn the tide of the game.

I am sure Pats fan could point out numerous penalties against the Rams that should have been called as well, but were not.

Agreed- Those were the 2 biggest calls that got my blood flowing. Thought there was a late hit on Goff in the 3rd qrt as well.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Refs let them play. All you can ask for.
I still think the personal foul on the Rams that turnred a 3rd and 20 was BS, that they had to let the RB catch the ball? At least that’s how it was explained

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Unsure on the Sullivan called as it looked like he was inside on the pads. Don't know why that drew yellow.

Otherwise, nothing horrible. Nothing the Rams have overcome this year

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only one that really angered me was the hit on Goff on the sidelines. If that had been on Brady people would have lost there shit screaming about it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Refs let them play. All you can ask for.
I still think the personal foul on the Rams that turnred a 3rd and 20 was BS, that they had to let the RB catch the ball? At least that’s how it was explained

The hold and the PF were bad, bad calls. But bad calls happen. You have to overcome them. The PF didn't lead to points.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only one that really angered me was the hit on Goff on the sidelines. If that had been on Brady people would have lost there crap screaming about it.

It wasn't a PF, but Brady would have gotten the call. You're right about that.