How the Rams can turn around disappointing season and finish strong

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
How the Rams can turn around a very disappointing season and finish strong - by Derp Magoo

After choosing Tavon Atwell with a super high pick that should have been used to draft Apollo Creed, the Rams season was over before it began - just as many amateur experts predicted within seconds of the Rams selection.

With only three 6th round draft picks and already over the cap for the next 10 seasons after going "all in" this year, the Rams Super Bowl window has been slammed shut, locked and barred over like a ghetto liquor store window. Now that all is lost and there is no hope for the future, there is nothing to play for.

After consecutive losses the playoffs are clearly out of the question but if Sean McVeigh would just blow up his staff mid-season and listen to us fans, the Rams could maybe finish this season with a moral victory. As we all know, a win is a win and a moral victory is just as good the real thing...

Maybe it's about unrealistic expectations or maybe we've convinced ourselves that real championship contenders never have weaknesses or losing streaks, but I find it crazy that this fanbase could be so frustrated after a 7 and 3 start.

Not to be cliche but it's really not about how they start... and this season especially, with so many new key pieces being implemented - the goal is to hang around in the standings and then peak late. Well, we're at least as capable of doing that as any other team. There's a lot of good football left in this team and most of their biggest issues are correctable.

A lot of great Rams fans never got to experience the McSnead era - I think they would tell us to enjoy it, soak it up and in the spirit of Thanksgiving, to be grateful for the team we've got.

Go Rams!!!

dang

Legend
It’s not the record that’s being challenged. It’s how “soft” the defense has looked with so many talented players and how “predictable and stagnant” the offense has looked with so many talented players. If adjustments can be made to both and the Rams get back to balling on both sides of the ball the sky is the limit. The 17 game gauntlet is 10 games in for the Rams. It’s time to put the pedal to the metal.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
It is kind of funny how disappointed some of us Rams Fans (Including, Me!!) are with the Rams right now even though there is only one team (Arizona Cardinals) with fewer losses than the Rams! A few years ago (Pre-McVay/Snead!!) I would had been THRILLED with a 7-3 record and looking forward to some meaningful games (Possibly/Probably/Most Likely even the PLAYOFFS!!) this late in the season!!!

HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED (FOR THE GOOD!!) FOR US RAMS FANS!! THANK YOU STAN KROENKE, SEAN MCVAY, LES SNEAD AND ALL THE RAMS PLAYERS!!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not disappointed with the season. Didn't like some of the draft and really don't like how we always seem to ignore the run game. We I think are all disappointed with the last 2 games. But the season is a little more than half over, not disappointed with the season.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Disappointing losses, yes. Season no.
5-5 would be disapponting. But at 7-3 we're still having a good season. Just crapped the bed a couple games. But hard to win with the turnovers and points we've handed the last two teams.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Any Ram fan that claims not to be disappointed with the Titan and 49er losses is being less than totally honest. How’s that for saying it politely? Lol.

And Snead clearly didn’t nail that Atwell pick.

But it’s WAY too early to throw in the towel on the season. If our coaches and players get squared away quickly then we should be in the thick of these playoffs.

I’m looking forward to the rest of this season.

Rams77

Starter
To me its an empty 7-3. We’ve beaten the cream puffs plus Tampa Bay. We’ve lost to the 3 most physical teams on our schedule. Coincidence? I don’t think you can just develop a new mentality midseason but what do I know. That is why this season IS a disappointment. We have luxury pieces all over this team but we are lacking the mean/aggressive/tough coaching and players. Some games you have to play it safe and grind it out but McVay and Stafford are so damn impatient. If we beat Green Bay and Arizona the next 2 weeks then I will put my other foot in the bus but for now Im neutral about how this season will go.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It is a fair point. For myself I think my expectations were too high. I was convinced this team would win the top seed and enter the playoffs needing only a couple wins to get to the dance.

Reality is a bitch. Looks like wildcard instead and three wins to get to the big game seems like a longshot right now.

But I have adjusted and looking forward to what these guys can accomplish. Win or lose I do love this team.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
It is a fair point. For myself I think my expectations were too high. I was convinced this team would win the top seed and enter the playoffs needing only a couple wins to get to the dance.

Reality is a bitch. Looks like wildcard instead and three wins to get to the big game seems like a longshot right now.

But I have adjusted and looking forward to what these guys can accomplish. Win or lose I do love this team.
This. The Rams' real problem is not being 7-3. It's that we're a wild card team chasing the Cardinals.

While the Rams have cratered in their last two games, the Cards have continued to look strong and get wins even with their QB out. We lost to the Cards in a game which we appeared to underestimate in importance. We just lost to another another division rival. We have two losses in the division. Cards are 4-0.

Only a half dozen teams have won the Super Bowl from a wild card slot. Not impossible, but the odds are nowhere near the same as with a bye and/or home field advantage.

The season isn't over. Rams can still rally with a strong finish. We can still catch Arizona too, but only if they lose a game or more, we win nearly all of our games, and we beat them in the rematch.

It has to start right now with Green Bay.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I am very disappointed in the 3 losses because we showed no ability to turn around a game that started out bad. Very similar to last couple of years.
It looks like the offense panicks if we get down by a couple of quick scores. They have no patience. And since we no longer have Goff to kick around it falls squarely on McVay. I am hopeful he will have a Aha moment and fix this, because this team has plenty of talent.

Tano

Legend
All we need to do is three things

1) Get Reeder out of there and move Rapp up
2) Stop dicking around with Ramsey and put him on the number 1 receiver
3) Keep with the running game and make it at minimum 40% of the time you run the ball

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

1SJcNMK.gif

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
It’s not the record that’s being challenged. It’s how “soft” the defense has looked with so many talented players and how “predictable and stagnant” the offense has looked with so many talented players. If adjustments can be made to both and the Rams get back to balling on both sides of the ball the sky is the limit. The 17 game gauntlet is 10 games in for the Rams. It’s time to put the pedal to the metal.
Careful, you're gonna trigger some posters...

Ellard80

Legend
To me its an empty 7-3. We’ve beaten the cream puffs plus Tampa Bay. We’ve lost to the 3 most physical teams on our schedule. Coincidence? I don’t think you can just develop a new mentality midseason but what do I know. That is why this season IS a disappointment. We have luxury pieces all over this team but we are lacking the mean/aggressive/tough coaching and players. Some games you have to play it safe and grind it out but McVay and Stafford are so damn impatient. If we beat Green Bay and Arizona the next 2 weeks then I will put my other foot in the bus but for now Im neutral about how this season will go.
there are no "cream puffs" in the nfl.

any win is good.

time after time this year it has been proven- seems like this year more than ever.

Ellard80

Legend
Careful, you're gonna trigger some posters...
i was never "triggered" by that word-- just thought it was a silly word.

Your smart ass little comment does the job.

so good work with the "soft" millennial terminology.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Any Ram fan that claims not to be disappointed with the Titan and 49er losses is being less than totally honest. How’s that for saying it politely? Lol.

And Snead clearly didn’t nail that Atwell pick.

But it’s WAY too early to throw in the towel on the season. If our coaches and players get squared away quickly then we should be in the thick of these playoffs.

I’m looking forward to the rest of this season.
Well there's a difference between being "disappointed" with 2 consecutive losses and thinking the losses show the team has become the 2009 Rams. I'm not saying that's *you* but there are a lot of fans who think we've been 'figured out' or 'it's the 2018 Detroit & Chicago scenario' all over again.

We hit a bump. We got a bye (perfectly timed). And we get to show what we learned in the last couple of weeks this Sunday. FWIW, the 2020 6-2 Tampa Bucs lost 3 of 4 games. One was a 38-3 ass whooping from the Saints. The other two were 27-24 losses to the Rams and Chiefs. Then they went on a bye, came back and won the last 4 games of the season and all 4 in the postseason. And IIRC, on the podium on the 50 of The Big Sombrero, there was no talk of that 1-3 streak. Only a lot of grinning and kissing the Lombardi.

Will the Rams do that? It remains to be seen. But they certainly have the right head coach. And they have the players. The schedule is tough but should they weather that, the postseason won't big such a big step up.