How Terrell Lewis fits in pass rush rotation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I like Lewis on down the road, but him starting out on the quarantine list and the reduction of preseason won't help him initially. But as the season progresses, we'll see a better representation from him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like Lewis on down the road, but him starting out on the quarantine list and the reduction of preseason won't help him initially. But as the season progresses, we'll see a better representation from him.

Yeah, gulp. Rookies have a tough go this year.

Seems like advantage veteran teams? I guess, also advantage returning units (like the Rams returning the entire OL).

Guys like Lewis, you give them specific assignments to mix them in.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Guys like Lewis, you give them specific assignments to mix them in.
The only problem will be "when will he be there to be told what to do". His preseason is shot w/ it being reduced and.....he in COVID-19 protocol. Is that a week? 2 or 3 before he can get some reps. If everything works out, the first real individual coaching he'll get is week 9 bye. Tough going for the kid. Hopefully Obo and Ebukan comes in chomping at the bit and Floyd takes off.

Ram65

Legend
The only problem will be "when will he be there to be told what to do". His preseason is shot w/ it being reduced and.....he in COVID-19 protocol. Is that a week? 2 or 3 before he can get some reps. If everything works out, the first real individual coaching he'll get is week 9 bye. Tough going for the kid. Hopefully Obo and Ebukan comes in chomping at the bit and Floyd takes off.

Since we don't know if he has any symptoms or not we can't say exactly when he will return. He may not even have Covid-19. Most likely he will be back before the first padded practice which is Aug. 17th. If he doesn't have any symptoms or they are limited he should be fine. He will miss the early conditing and strength training. Also, limited walkthroughs. One good thing is that he played as an OLber in a 3-4 in Alabama. He has gotten a good deal of zoom and video training. The Rams were most likely were going to have him come as a pass rusher early on which doesn't require a lot of playbook knowledge. The Rams have to make sure he is loose and ready for action probably by week two of padded practice. Hopefully, he was working out and in good shape before he was put on the list.

Last edited:

MachS

Hall of Fame

Even with limited reps, he can still contribute on 3rd down rush packages. Dont know why everyone is so quick to write him off because of covid, and I agree as the season goes on his impact should grow. Dont need to practice that much to get after the QB like he's been doing his whole life. He wasn't going to be a starter anyways.