How good can the Rams offensive line be in 2024?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bruss is second on the depth chart at RG behind Dotson. I feel like they should just cut bait at this point. He can't stay healthy. And he isn't very good if he can.

Thomas was the sole reason for the Bengals loss. But I blame the coaches. It was obvious he was overmatched and had no business playing left tackle against a very good pass rusher. They left him out there to get burned over and over. His confidence had to be shot.
The Rams signing a FA addition at guard after inking Dotson is the most accurate indicator of what they think of Bruss. Injuries happen. But if they liked him as an option then they would have planned to move him or Dotson to LG this season. That didn't happen, so this insinuates they did not consider Bruss to be any sort of answer.

I doubt he's even OG2 on the depth chart. It would surprise me. If there is an injury then Boom is first off the bench and I doubt that changes. Feels like they missed on Bruss. You never know, and players will determine the truth on all that of course, but he feels to me like he's on his way out most likely. At the very least Bruss will be competing his ass off, or losing his ass in competition, this year in camp for his roster spot. So we'll see how it goes but I figure he's gone this year in cuts.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My guess on who Rams keep on OL: Aleric Jackson, Jonah Jacckson, Avila, Dotson, Havenstien, Noteboom, Beaux Limmer (as backup Center) Warren McClenden (as backup T) and Mike McCallister.

Replace the bolded with K.T. Leveston (as a swing guard), and I think that’s correct.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
It might be my rams colored glasses but I think these guys will come together pretty quickly. I don’t know if they expected everything to fall into place the way it did but could it be that the FO wanted to beef up the middle and they weren’t that upset when Shelton tested the market? There also hasn’t been that much change, new center and new guard and Avila already knows the system.

I agree. There’s only one new face and he’s no rookie. The lions better be ready to stop the run opening night.