How Fast Is Your Internet?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Mine is insanely good. Considering where I live, I can't believe how excellent it is.

image.jpg1_zpsmo0rtoft.jpg

TXRams86

The Infamous
4490091859.png

decent speeds for the price i'm paying with TWC.
TWC and AT&T are the only broadband providers here so it sucks monkey balls.
at least we have no data caps because i'm pulling over 1-2 TB of data a month
i COULD upgrade my internet to 30 or even 50 mbps but meh...i'm never home enough to use it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
15ms
83.5 Mbps Down
85.2 Mbps Up

Verizon FiOS

I pay for 75/75 and want to upgrade to 150/150, but need to clear budget for the extra $50/mo.

Hard to believe, but with 6 people in the house and all these devices, we max it out plenty.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Lol gotta love it..

what verizon says (and I pay for)

View attachment 7685

speedtest..
View attachment 7686

With speed test, make sure you check which server it auto selects. Sometimes it chooses a server with a speed cap. I freaked when speed test said I was getting only 8Mbps, but I could verify real world DLs were faster. Turns out it was an issue with server selection. Also, make sure you use a browser that doesn't have any flash blocker addons or anything else running.

I tend to look for Ookla servers even if they're farther away because they have the capacity to handle faster connections. A lot of speed test servers crap out on connections 75Mbps or faster. I found that out talking to a fellow network engineer at Verizon. Initially, prior to upgrading all of their speed test equipment, FiOS had a special link for connections over 75 Mbps.

iced

With speed test, make sure you check which server it auto selects. Sometimes it chooses a server with a speed cap. I freaked when speed test said I was getting only 8Mbps, but I could verify real world DLs were faster. Turns out it was an issue with server selection. Also, make sure you use a browser that doesn't have any flash blocker addons or anything else running.

I tend to look for Ookla servers even if they're farther away because they have the capacity to handle faster connections. A lot of speed test servers crap out on connections 75Mbps or faster. I found that out talking to a fellow network engineer at Verizon. Initially, prior to upgrading all of their speed test equipment, FiOS had a special link for connections over 75 Mbps.

Ah, good to know. Yea the speed test and verizon are both in Tampa - however checking for multiple providers on Speedtest made a difference.

Rapid systems was 81/21, Hivelocity Hostings was 124/92.