How Do You Play It?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which direction do you go?

• Total voters

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
To be truthful I am not sure....Bradford is the best option imo......but even better for the Rams if he signs an extension and reduces the cap hit next year and Stays HEALTHY. .... If they let Sam go and go with someone else in free agency. .... it is important to get them in early so they can go through the whole off season program so he can learn play book and build chemistry. ....And either way draft the best quarterback available in the draft at the spot they feel he is worthy of. .. imo best case scenario. ..they manage to extend Bradford lowering his cap hit, keep Hill or Davis....depending on who seems like the best option by seasons end and draft a quarterback that can at least push for the backup roll in his first season....then let them all complete all off season and let the chips fall where they may......I think we will have better idea later in the season. ....After We Make The PLAYOFFS.........

Go Rams..........;)

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Gotta bring back Bradford one way or another. would prefer to sign him to a 2 year extension for a little less money or cap hit but if he wont do that Id still keep him. I wouldn't sell out to move up and draft a QB but wouldn't mind trading up for one at a reasonable cost. I know one thing for sure we cant go into next year without a legit option behind bradford, but bradford is still our best option for next year lets all hope he can stay healthy because if he does we may have a superbowl team on our hands.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I would say sign him for a 1 year prove it type deal where he gets a significantly lower base pay, but is full of incentives. But if he's getting better offers elsewhere, wish him well.

Then draft a QB sometime between the 2nd and 4th rounds.

And don't take Winston even if he'd play here for free.

my first guess would be because he hasnt played a full season since his rookie year
Actually, he did play all 16 games in 2012 as well.

fearsomefour

Legend
Why does everyone think we can sign Bradford 'for the cheap'?
I think it is about a 45% chance. Bradford probably will not be offered more than he will make with a pay cut from the Rams. I really think the market for him would be minimal, $3M maybe. He can take a pay cut to $6M have a shot at a starting job and help the team. I don't see anyone backing the Brinks truck up for him if he is cut.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't know if it's possible, but the poll should allow for multiple options to be selected ... because I would do both the first and the third option in the list.

fearsomefour

Legend
I wound say, off the top of my head, cut his pay to $6M next year, $4M the year after with kickers based on health and playing time. If he gets injured again he can still make $10M, if he bounces back, stays healthy and puts it together he earns solid money.
Resign Hill and resign Davis. Can still draft a guy to compete for a backup spot.
Saving $6-7 M allows the team to bring back all three with no money issue. Gives Bradford some money (taking for granted it is more than he would get as a FA) and a shot at a starters job. Keeps the Rams depth intact.
Makes sense to me....may not come close to happening.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Well looking at that list of FA and possible trade suggestions makes it all to clear that the answer is not in that list. After seeing the last year it looks like this CAN win with an average QB running the offense. But I want more from that position and think this team has a chance o make a 4 or 5 year run with the right guy and even longer if they continue to build with youth with an eye for the future.

Sam makes the only sense to me from anyone available FA, rookie, or trade partner for the next 3 years. He did not appear to be rusty in his limited action in preseason but it will undoubtedly take him time to be ready to play full speed int he NFL. Davis just did not look ready to be THE guy at this level. Too many times where he was flushed when he could have continued looking down field and too many turn overs. Hill has not played enough to give us a real idea about what he could do for the next couple of years but he might make a fine back up if he only has to play a game or two over the season.

I would love to draft a guy to sit behind Bradford for the next couple of years and then compete for the starting job in 2017. A big guy who can move well enough to avoid pressure, take a hit and not lose the ball and has an accurate deep ball. I'm just not sure there is that guy available in this draft where we will end up picking.

The other thing I want for this team is a dominate O line, that would make things so much better for everyone else. This team is close but there is still room for improvement in a couple of key areas. It is not time to start over at QB a starting rookie would put this team back two years and may never turn the corner. The window is getting kicked open, it is time now and Bradford makes the most sense to me.

We are due!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Bring in the guy I wanted in the 2006 draft.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'd like to see more of what we have with Hill. If we win out with Hill, then going into next season with Bradford and Hill and Davis doesn't seem like such a stretch.

Also, if we win out, Fisher won't be tempted to "stick with the hot hand" if Hill has to miss a half of football. Hill will be right back under center.

But Bradford.../shudder... the way he was slinging the rock in preseason. We haven't seen that level of QBing since Warner. No really, he was just dead on. With this Defense next year, if our OL can just keep him upright, Bradford has every capacity to not just light the league on fire, but burn it to ashes in a white hot inferno.

The Cards are showing us the way and 2015 and beyond is ours. Unlike the Cards, we don't have an aging D with a closing window...

So... I still think that the Bradford/Hill combo will be the combo. But I need to see more Hill than this one great win to know for sure.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

hurry back sam.

the rams are a superbowl team with him behind centre.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey Juggs:

We already have a few of these threads. But rather then merge them, I moved it to the Draft section. The way you phrased the question, I couldn't see how it wouldn't largely involve what we do in the 2015 draft.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not anti-Cutler but more often than not, he seems like a modern day Jeff George.
I just like the guy. Super strong arm. I wouldn't be averse to bringing him in and drafting a QB in the first two rounds to groom under him. He's got about 4 or 5 more good years under his belt, and he hasn't played for a coach like Fisher before. That coach, and this team, just seem like a good fit for him, IMO.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I just like the guy. Super strong arm. I wouldn't be averse to bringing him in and drafting a QB in the first two rounds to groom under him. He's got about 4 or 5 more good years under his belt, and he hasn't played for a coach like Fisher before. That coach, and this team, just seem like a good fit for him, IMO.
I just don't trust him. Ideally, we're talking about what he can do for the Rams in big games and he seems to play his worst in those situations. I agree that he's got a cannon but so much else seems to be less than ideal. Poor decisions, inconsistent mechanics and probably most importantly, his personality seems to often be in question.

That McCown clearly outplayed him last year in Trestman's QB friendly offense is also concerning to me.