How Are You Feeling About The Monday Night Opener???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm always cautious before game 1 of any season - and I hate being hyped up and pencilled in for a SB win already. I'd feel much better if we weren't the favourites for this one TBH.

But on the plus side - there's no Mack - and that's quite a few extra yards for Gurley II right there.

I'm looking forward to seeing our D-line go up against the Raiders O-line (which I respect as a decent one)

I'm excited to see Goff and Cooks, Woods and Kupp - I want to see chemistry :)

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Feeling like I did before the opener (Colts game) last year.

World will soon see what we already know, that Rams are an elite team in all three phases.

Boo birds will come out by 3rd quarter.

Blowout.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll either smash them to pieces or we will struggle under the weight of expectation and hype.

TexasRam

Legend
how do i feel?

giphy.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Feeling like I did before the opener (Colts game) last year.

World will soon see what we already know, that Rams are an elite team in all three phases.

Boo birds will come out by 3rd quarter.

Blowout.
1st quarter boo birds, I’m thinking!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jared Goff, the Natural...He’ll shred ya. ~ Jon Gruden

“ That might be the greatest throw in college football. Throwing the seam post with no blocking...It’s a Ridiculous Protection Offense, I call it.” ~ Chuckie

Ok, Jared,you know McGenius saw this Jon Gruden QB Camp, featuring you. It’s Run Pass Option time, bro...”Dice Right, ORLANDO!”

View: https://youtu.be/ri8pszcjDx8

Last edited:

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Boy did I see a lot of poor tackling yesterday. This can be attributed to not doing enough work in pads and all these rule changes how you can't hit someone like this or that and the dumbest of all not being allowed to fall on the QB.

Ellard80

Legend
It's an NFL road game - against a team that was a playoff team 2 years ago.

Anything can happen....

We did have a great road record last year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In today's LA Times, the paper's Rams beat writer Gary Klein reports that Rich Gannon who played 14 years in the NFL can never recall a time that a starting QB didn't play one down in the preseason. He claims that a real game against an opponent is needed to establish rhythm, timing and the feel of a defensive pressure before the regular season. And of course our HC says his approach is not for everyone. BTW all NFL starting QBs played at least one series in the pre season--except for Goff. We'll see tomorrow what happens.

It's a copycat league. When and if Jared lights up the Raiders in game one, next preseason you'll see most starting QBs not get snaps.

Having a coach bold enough to do his own thing is not necessarily a negative. It just needs to work.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I feel like the NFL is freaking stupid for having games so late.

It's fucking stupid isn't it.......and just greedy of them. The league is a group of pigs.

I hate that we have to play on that infield dirt.

Me too. I don't know if more injuries happen on that type of field or not. It's the last stadium to host both the football and baseball teams.

I can't blame the city for not putting up money for a stadium for the Raiders, it's just not a profitable thing for them while for LV it's going to bring in enough visitors that the extra revenue in the form of an increase in the hotel room tax may cover the cost. Lots of fans will be heading there to see their team. At 1.8 BIL just for a stadium it'll be quite the spectacle even for Las Vegas. Probable one of the best in the country.

The Raiders are paying 850MIL, the city is paying 750MIL and the NFL is paying 200MIL. So I'm guessing Davis is going to make a lot more money, which is of course the whole idea. Making more millions is what it's all about.

Honestly I was surprised to learn that it's only 65,000 seats. I would think they would be able to fill a much larger stadium with fans traveling from other cities. The locals would be able to fill a stadium that size if the team is winning. Even if they are a losing team they would still fill a bigger stadium because a fan would be able to travel to see the team they like and go spend a weekend in LV.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Excited, nervous and optimistic.

My greatest hope is tomorrow I no longer feel nervous.

GO RAMS!!!

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Guys calm down. Just remember how rusty the Rams looked in last season's opening game? That's right, was no rust on them. I had guessed on another thread that the Rams would win the game by 21 points. I'm changing that to 28 points. That's the kind of confidence I have in the Rams!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I too, am worried about the offense not playing during pre-season. But, FWIW, having attended almost all of TC practices, McVay had them going full out in 11 on 11 drills with the 1st team D. There was a lot of hitting going on. Same with red zone and 2min drills. They spent a lot of time and reps doing this. And we don't know how hard they went up in Thousand Oaks. I'm guessing McVay feels it was enough to get them ready for regular season games.

We'll find out tonight.

Ram65

Legend
I too, am worried about the offense not playing during pre-season. But, FWIW, having attended almost all of TC practices, McVay had them going full out in 11 on 11 drills with the 1st team D. There was a lot of hitting going on. Same with red zone and 2min drills. They spent a lot of time and reps doing this. And we don't know how hard they went up in Thousand Oaks. I'm guessing McVay feels it was enough to get them ready for regular season games.

We'll find out tonight.

This full out work hard at practice is one on the many good things McVay does. Fast pace practice is good too. When you add in the Ted Rath the strength coach these Rams are in great shape.

Last edited: