Hope this is true and they do it with us!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BadCompany

Rookie
Sounds great, now we just need them all to preform wonders at the Combine.

Personally I think we need all BUT ONE to flop at the combine. If they all look great a team like Cleveland can sit there and think they are going to get somebody good, no matter what happens in front of them. No incentive to trade.

But on the other hand, if only one of them looks great, and the rest flop, then they may be thinking they HAVE to move up or they aren't going to get a good QB after all.

Alan

Legend
And if the Texans pick the only one who looks good what then?

(Jeff)

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
2014 SB Browns vs Falcons ??

Future picks would be 1.31 & 1.32 if we traded for future unknown picks
Agreed I would rather have at least one of the Browns first round picks and a second this year this year and a 1st in 2014

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't have a handle on what Carr is like physically, but IMO if Cleveland trades up for any of the other three and it isn't Bortles, they are IMO not even thinking about their dvision.
Manzeil or Brdgewater will be broken all the time playing against those defenses six times a year.

In Cleveland you would think that it is a city similar to Pittsburgh in an outside stadium ? with many weather issues in November & December? Would you not prefer a big strong QB like Blake Bortles ? Next Johnny Manziel but no to Ted Bridgewater & Derek Carr? Not so sure that JM will be so easy to hit & break. Those extra large hands do help in the weather. So IMO Browns must move up from 1.4 to get one of theses two. The fact that the Jags are @1.3 puts the big pressure on the Browns. So you have three of the four teams needing QB's its not all that complicated or unclear.

Jags is in another world apart in comparison to the Browns. So Bridgewater is not a big issue but I am sure they would like JM or BB over Ted. So its the Texans vs Rams for the Browns trade up? If the Texans decides to give the Browns a bargain then the first pick is a QB and the Texans just gave the Rams a big gift ...the Rams/Snead open up trade offers for DL'ers Jadeveon Clowney where teams like the Atlanta & Buccaneers & many others will be looking to deal.

Agreed I would rather have at least one of the Browns first round picks and a second this year this year and a 1st in 2014

The Browns have a 1.4 & 1.26 in the first round which one are you rathers for blackbart? The 1.26 is not worth that much in value just a little more than a high second rounder. If you do not get the 1.4 in trade & let the Browns keep their 1.4 & you give them your 1.2 you have just made one serious bad trade. Trading for future UNknown first round picks is a big gamble IMO. Snead experienced the bad in 2013 & the real good in 2014 with the Skins two future first rounders.

Enough with future picks, its time to fill holes for the 2014 season.
I would love multiple trade downs this year but only if the rams can get multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks. The rams are close to competing for the nfcw title. The defense is missing some talent in the secondary while the OL can use some quality players.

Lets fix this rams team now and stop stockpiling picks for the future

This is where I am at too laramsoriginal Rams have been working into the future on draft days in 2012 & 2013. I am in the solid mood for dealing with KNOWNS in this deepest draft in decades. Loosing is no fun over a decade of a run on losing seasons...the dome is overran with enemy teams fans on home games just not good NOW is the time to seize the moment cash in on the KNOWNS & get this team winning now. Its time to get what we can in the present draft fill the holes. Not sure this team can stand another losing season.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Browns had 4 guys win Pro Bowl honors. Two of them were on O, a WR and a TE.

Think about how hard it is to get to the PB with what they dealt with at QB. Trust me the Browns are going to get a QB and if they can't get the #1 overall from HOU because they want a guy and don't want to lose out, then they will be asking Snead what he wants for the second slot.

laramsoriginal

Starter
BlueCollarram Said: Here is my dream, Houston takes QB, Browns trade up to take QB, Jax takes Qb, Falcons trade up for Clowney, Rams at 6 with 2 OT's and Watkins to choose from.
A man can dream right?
I put this in a different thread.........I think Clev. is still the best to partner with in the 1st rd. I would ask Clev for the #4 and 2nd rd pick this year and #1 next. Then have a deal in place with Atl for Clowney(*if there*) for the 1.6, 2nd rd & 4th rd for our 5th this year Plus next year 2nd rd. Of course Jax will be the wildcard in this. If we miss out on the Atl trade Rams still have the #4 pick. If it worked out the Rams would have 1.6,1.13,2.3,2.5,2.12,3.11,4.3 & 4.10. While adding Clev 1st next year and Atl. 2nd rd. Rams trade 2 times and still end up with the 6th pick and many extras. Now I didn't use the value chart or anything. I could be way off. If I was wrong(to low on the 'value chart" on both trades) and we could get more sign me up even faster for those deals. If it is to high and no deal comes from it, Rams stay at #2. all good.............

I would absolutely love that scenario. It would give the rams every opportunity to fill every hole along the OL, Secondary, and add depth to DT/LB/Rb.

I would even suggest trading down from 13 to the late teens if not early 20's.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Personally I think we need all BUT ONE to flop at the combine. If they all look great a team like Cleveland can sit there and think they are going to get somebody good, no matter what happens in front of them. No incentive to trade.

But on the other hand, if only one of them looks great, and the rest flop, then they may be thinking they HAVE to move up or they aren't going to get a good QB after all.

I don't think QB evaluation goes that way.

Each team will have the guy they want... Settling for your second choice isn't how you pick the leader of the team.