Here’s what I’m aching to hear from our beat writers...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I want to hear how our WR’s (and Goff) feel about going against our D, particularly our secondary. I mean, as much nitty gritty about degree of difficulty compared to last year.

Conversely, I’m dying to hear as many details from our secondary about the skill level of these receivers and the pass throwing of Goff. Talib and Peters, in particular, should be able to describe the degree of difficulty to defend compared to their experiences with the Broncos and Chiefs, respectively.

Simmons mentioned that McVay was inserting some “new stuff” and I suspect that it might be a mutha to defend. Lol.

I want details, dammit!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They’ve talked about it in some of their pressers already. Not a lot of detail but we won’t get that this early.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I remember when the defense always won the battles under Fisher. I have a feeling things are different now.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I remember when the defense always won the battles under Fisher. I have a feeling things are different now.
AND Spags…… AND Linny…. It was very frustrating under Linny because he was supposed to have a great offensive mind. But all we would hear is how offense takes longer to get down and it should be expected that the defense would be way ahead. It was very frustrating after the GSOT days.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
AND Spags…… AND Linny…. It was very frustrating under Linny because he was supposed to have a great offensive mind. But all we would hear is how offense takes longer to get down and it should be expected that the defense would be way ahead. It was very frustrating after the GSOT days.

Oh jeez, Linny and Spags. Fisher improved the defense but the offense still struggled. Its amazing how the offense could be so bad for so long under 3 different coaches.

I'm thinking we hit the lottery with McVay. He might be young but he seems like one of those special coaches that only comes around once a generation.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
What I want to hear:

"We will be live streaming the open portions of camp this year on the world wide web so Rams fans all over the world can watch live practice."

REV3NGE

Rookie
Name
Adrian
Linny has done great w all of his offenses. I think he tried to jump into the big boy chair without resources. McVay brought Wade and Fassel to ease the load. Linny seems like a great oc

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What I want to hear:

"We will be live streaming the open portions of camp this year on the world wide web so Rams fans all over the world can watch live practice."

Dude. That would be so freaking great.
The Behind the Grind series is already great stuff, and I am sure they will have some more great content, but to take us into camp by live streaming it would be great... put a camera on each field, each unit, and let a VD switch the feed to the most compelling situations, 1 v 1s....

Ram65

Legend
I want to hear more/something about the injuries and recoveries. It's crazy that we don't get any information from the media or any real information from the Rams.

I want to hear how our WR’s (and Goff) feel about going against our D, particularly our secondary. I mean, as much nitty gritty about degree of difficulty compared to last year.

It will be nice to hear about the new secondary and the new WR Cooks. It is early in OTAs so I imagine we will get more details soon with mini camp coming in June. The press conferences being posted is at least something. We got a little video of OTAs. Miles gives a little run down of the day.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Apparently, the team forbids it - they are allowed to show stretching and some select individual drills but no team stuff. Rams rule, not an NFL rule.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Would rather keep the information to the bare minimum, especially if opposing teams can decipher parts of our playbook with writer's information.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Conversely, I’m dying to hear as many details from our secondary about the skill level of these receivers and the pass throwing of Goff. Talib and Peters, in particular, should be able to describe the degree of difficulty to defend compared to their experiences with the Broncos and Chiefs, respectively.

Simmons mentioned that McVay was inserting some “new stuff” and I suspect that it might be a mutha to defend. Lol.

I want details, dammit!
Yeah, I've already heard comments from Talib, saying that they are seeing a lot of crazy stuff, formations, and motions. The D feels like they will be ready for anything going into the season.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think we're all going to have to wait for forum members at TC and their reports. they've not been very discriptive so far. It's tough to see everything because they have two fields and they move around every 15 or 20 minutes. A lot to try and look at, DL, new LB's, how the new DB's stack up against the WR's....
I'm planning on being there on most days open to the public and relay here what I can.

Hopefully they'll be more forthcoming at Mini-camp.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Funny how it didn't take long for the McVay offense to come together. Glad we finally got a damn coaching hire right.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, I've already heard comments from Talib, saying that they are seeing a lot of crazy stuff, formations, and motions.

I seem to recall reading a similar quote from Peters a week or so ago.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

New Rams CBs Aqib Talib, Marcus Peters think Sean McVay's offense is 'crazy'
The Rams' new corners are excited about how much better McVay's offense can make their defense

The Los Angeles Rams were one of the NFL's most active teams during the 2018 offseason.

The Rams seemingly swung one trade after another, bringing in Marcus Petersfrom the Chiefs, Aqib Talib from the Broncos, and Brandin Cooks from the Patriots -- all before the draft. Not only that, but they also signed Ndamukong Suh after he was released by the Dolphins. And all this after they were the NFL's highest-scoring offense last season.

Despite all that scoring, it's arguable the Rams' defense was actually just as good. LA ranked sixth in Football Outsiders' DVOA on both sides of the ball, for example. And with all the new talent on hand (and hopefully, a full season of Aaron Donald), the defense should be even better in 2018. Especially since it gets to practice against the offense.

Those practices kicked off this week, and two of the new additions are impressed by what they saw. "We got an introduction to that McVay offense," Talib said, per ESPN.com. "It was crazy." Peters agreed: "It's crazy unique."

With all due respect to Peters, I don't think something can be crazy unique. As President Jed Bartlet once said, "Unique means one-of-a-kind. Something can't be very unique." If it can't be very unique; then I think it follows that it can also not be crazy unique.

But that's neither here nor there, because Peters is more concerned with what practicing against that ... crazy unique offense will do to prepare his unit for the season. "It's going to make us a whole lot better because the up-tempo and his play-calling style is crazy unique," Peters said. "It's going to cause for us to be on our toes a lot."

If the team figures out a way to put all the talent it has in position to succeed, and the offense and defense make each other better through practicing against each other, the Rams will have to be considered one of the favorites in the NFC in 2018.