Here we go again....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bnw

Pro Bowler
First I'd like to wish the best for those seriously impacted by Hurricane Harvey. Now the forecast is for the storm to reside on or near the TX coast for 6 days. 4 or 5 feet of rain in areas then out into the Gulf for perhaps another run as a hurricane. The flooding expected with a 12 ft storm surge and 12-14 ft waves on top of that means flooding well inland......and then the feet of rain on top of that. Winds will remain at least tropical force for 6 days. It looks by the models that it will be very very ugly.

Now, selfishly, for those of us in the TN Valley over to the Piedmont in NC, down into northern AL and GA into perhaps SC.......it is time to get fuel while you can. We've been through this before whenever a number of refineries are impacted......we are the afterthought when it comes to fuel supply. If you need a specific fuel then get it now. It seems like 89 octane is all that can be had around here with these supply disruptions and the last time it was only 2 stations within 15 miles that had anything and that was at a 5 gallon maximum and at $5.50 a gallon. This went on for a week. Situation for diesel might be better. I hope so.

Again best of luck to those dealing with Hurricane Harvey.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Good call on the gas.

Prayers to those impacted.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whew bnw...When you said distilleries would be affected, I thought of those in Lynchburg, TN and Clermont, KY!....So you're talking about gasoline!....

In all seriousness, it's going to be tough times on the Texas coast. It always interested me when I saw real estate shows where families were buying homes on the water in Galveston. All the homes, beautiful homes, are raised on stilts probably 15 ft high (guesstimate) without mentioning the 800 lb gorilla in the room..."Why is every single house is raised that high?" The realtors don't want to talk about that a hurricane that happened 117 years killed up to 12,000 people with storm surge and flooding. The water throughout Galveston rose 5 ft in a second, drowning many kids throughout the city, just before the storm rolled in.....It only got worse after that...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That gas shortage shit is real. We know all too well down here in FL.

I dealt with it last year. That's when I went out and purchased a new generator that runs off of gas or propane. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet... Thank goodness. But I'm ready for the next one.

Good Luck to all our Texas Brethren!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This hangs in my Garage btw....

20161004_201405.jpg

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I live a little North of Austin, I have friends in Houston who are convinced the storm isn't going to affect them. I'm not sure where they heard it, but I bet they're wrong.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I live a little North of Austin, I have friends in Houston who are convinced the storm isn't going to affect them. I'm not sure where they heard it, but I bet they're wrong.

I'm in Houston too. The only thing that's gonna affect us is heavy AF rain.

The hurricane is literally bombarding the coast right now and here I am on ROD typing this. Houston got lucky because it Corpus Christi and going West-Northwest. And people in Galveston are under "voluntary" evacuation, which most are just hunkering down. The only people freakin out about it (in Houston anyway) is the local FOX weathermen.

Although I will say it was weird to see two main gas stations be completely out of gas and having to wait in line to fill it up.

Oh and two weeks ago I was at my folks' house in Oklahoma, and an EF2 twister comes roaring through. The joys of being me...

Psycho_X

Legend
Good luck to those in Texas and stay safe.

And yeah, gas prices are going to suck the next several weeks at least.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I'm in Houston too. The only thing that's gonna affect us is heavy AF rain.

The hurricane is literally bombarding the coast right now and here I am on ROD typing this. Houston got lucky because it Corpus Christi and going West-Northwest. And people in Galveston are under "voluntary" evacuation, which most are just hunkering down. The only people freakin out about it (in Houston anyway) is the local FOX weathermen.

Although I will say it was weird to see two main gas stations be completely out of gas and having to wait in line to fill it up.

Oh and two weeks ago I was at my folks' house in Oklahoma, and an EF2 twister comes roaring through. The joys of being me...

I have heard a couple times today that they thought it was going to Hoover around the coast for a bit, head back to sea maybe, then come up through Houston in a couple days as a hurricane again just to be an a-hole.

I know the projections aren't always right, but it's not like I've only heard it one place. A couple news stations and some co-workers have all had that as the general impression of the believed path.

Angry Ram

I have heard a couple times today that they thought it was going to Hoover around the coast for a bit, head back to sea maybe, then come up through Houston in a couple days as a hurricane again just to be an a-hole.

I know the projections aren't always right, but it's not like I've only heard it one place. A couple news stations and some co-workers have all had that as the general impression of the believed path.

Sure, you are right that's gonna circle around. But it's gonna weaken into a tropical storm (it's already a category 1 right now).

Again rain is gonna be the biggest issue.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Sure, you are right that's gonna circle around. But it's gonna weaken into a tropical storm (it's already a category 1 right now).

Again rain is gonna be the biggest issue.
Everything I've read has stated as it circles back it could possible re strengthen into a cat 3

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw the title and started singing some Whitesnake and thinking about Tawny Kitaen when she was super hot!

Best of luck down there my relatives in Texas are off the coast hope all of you in the path stay safe.

Angry Ram

Everything I've read has stated as it circles back it could possible re strengthen into a cat 3

Unlikely. It's weakening as we speak.

It's flooding in areas. My area I've only seen puddles (as of now, knock on wood).

You know how I'm preparing? Going to the grocery store buying Digiorno's for the Rams game tonight.

Angry Ram

Update:

12 tornadoes so far. Flooding everywhere. Raining like hell.

Nothing too bad for this Oklahoma raised boy.

Angry Ram

Update Sunday 8/27:

It's been raining non-stop and the flooding is intense. The dramatic images that you see on the tv and internet is near downtown, and (obviously) the low-lying and coastal areas. People were defiant yesterday and didn't take nature seriously and decided to drive, which caused problems. When BOTH major airports are shutdown, yeah stay home please.

Southwest and northwest (where I am) main threat, is tornadoes. They are small and quick. But, homes in Houston (for the most part) are still standing. That is a victory IMO.

Also, I'm agreeing with the no evacuation order. Sometimes it takes an hour coming home from the mall...on a Saturday! Could you imagine everyone evacuating during the storm?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...-relief-fundraiser/1mjwhoddknu4y1cnhxn5gfxsh1

J.J. Watt donates $100K to Houston for disaster relief, urges others to help
Gabrielle McMillen

J.J. Watt is doing what he can to give back to Houston after it was hit hard by Hurricane Harvey.

The Texans defensive end is in Dallas with the rest of the team ahead of Thursday's preseason game against the Cowboys, but he posted a video saying he was starting a fundraiser to aid in disaster relief for Houston.

"I'm sitting here watching the news and checking the internet and seeing everything that's going on with Hurricane Harvey and the damage it's causing back home," Watt said. "It's very difficult. It's very difficult not only because we have family and friends back there, some guys have young kids, some guys have wives and families.

"But that's our city. It's very tough to watch your city get hit by such a bad storm and not be there to help. Not be there to help with the recovery. Not be there to help with the process. It's very tough."

As of Sunday night, the goal of $200,000 was raised in less than two hours, which prompted Watt to encourage people to try and reach a goal of $500,000.

View: https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/901974491085066242?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportingnews.com%2Fnfl%2Fnews%2Fjj-watt-donates-100k-hurricane-harvey-disaster-relief-fundraiser%2F1mjwhoddknu4y1cnhxn5gfxsh1

Angry Ram

Update 8/27/17, 11:11 PM

The reservoirs are at or above capacity and are threatening to BURST the dams. Therefore the Army Core of Engineers are gonna do a controlled release at 2 am this morning. The reservoirs are south of I-10, west of downtown.

Another area (near I-45) the water level may rise so high it will threaten the levees. So that area is in a voluntary evacuation.

I have severely underestimated the flooding. This is insane.

Good news:

The weathermen love these two words tonight: dry air. Apparently that is making it's way toward HOU and it is disrupting the humid air that's causing all this rain.

@1maGoh 's saying that it may go off to the Gulf and back up through the city is true, but it is not expected to go out too far, so it may not be as bad. Fingers crossed for that.

bnw

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stay dry and safe. What a nightmare.