Henderson to IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand he is injury prone, but that hit probably takes out anybody's MCL.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
its happening the office GIF

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Man, now we are literally going to have to rely on Akers getting back to full speed and spelling Michel with some Funk.

I'm basically done with Hendo. He is so fragile. What did he have, one carry yesterday and messed his knee up? Keep Michel, drop Hendo.

I’d say HENDO is a hard runner & a solid Ram. Real bad luck,just like when The Rams got OBj then Woods went down.
Now Cam & Funk are coming back & HENDO goes down,just feel real bad for him . Say as anyone wants ?
He has been a talent & has run hard.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I have to think the coaches are tired of Hendy not being able to be counted on. When you count the times the guy gets pulled out of games on top of the time he's missed I just feel like he causes a lot of disruption in the gameplans.

That first loss to Arizona for example. Dude gets hurt and has to leave, and seemed like thereafter things went to shit. Though my memory is faulty admittedly. Not blaming him for the loss or anything but it sure was nice to have a RB we could count on in game 2 vs the Cards and we won that one.

I want a RB in the draft personally. It's high on my list, though wtf do I know I've wanted OL for a few years running. :laugh4:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Sargent & Buddy Howell are already on the roster. Sargent has already had a carry.
Sargent is gone. With the Jaguars.

Waived the other day. Rams probably wanted to get him to the Practice Squad.

Jacksonville picked him up.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
First three seasons, Sony Michel played in 38 games.

First three seasons, Darrell Henderson played in 40 games.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Sorry to hear that about Hendo, I like the kid, runs hard, but does need a rest every now and again.
As disappointing as it sounds, a Hendo injury was imminent.

The way I see it is Michel has emerged as our number 1 at this stage in the season and he just needs a backup.
Michel has grown into his role and if Akers is game ready then he and Funk could do enough to give Michel a breather.

Ram65

Legend
I've been a big Henderson supporter but, the little injuries have added up to making him unreliable.

Akers up!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I have to think the coaches are tired of Hendy not being able to be counted on. When you count the times the guy gets pulled out of games on top of the time he's missed I just feel like he causes a lot of disruption in the gameplans.

That first loss to Arizona for example. Dude gets hurt and has to leave, and seemed like thereafter things went to shit. Though my memory is faulty admittedly. Not blaming him for the loss or anything but it sure was nice to have a RB we could count on in game 2 vs the Cards and we won that one.

I want a RB in the draft personally. It's high on my list, though wtf do I know I've wanted OL for a few years running. :laugh4:
Best case scenario.. they have Michel, Akers and Henderson all back.. and all three have significant injury histories.
I think you've got the right idea in getting one more.. unless Funk really shows something from now until end of season.. which I don't see happening.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It's a shame, but it looks like Henderson just can't stay healthy. I could see him being traded for a conditional pick while we pick another running back in next year's draft, maybe one in UDFA as well.

I honestly don't trust Funk either. He's been injury prone his entire career. Two ACL tears.

I hope Cam comes back healthy and we re-sign Michel. But I get the feeling we'll be drafting a running back or two next year.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I swear to god, if Hendo unfortunately being fragile causes the Rams to play Cam Akers before he's 100% healthy stupidly, and causes Akers to reinjure himself. I'm going to be so fuckin pissed.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Kind of random, but I remember Roger Saffold used to have a lot of “little injuries” too. Like every other game he would leave with a shoulder or “stinger”. Then he put on a bit more muscle and kind of knocked it off.

Hendo’s injuries are frustrating. But I wouldn’t write him off just yet.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I swear to god, if Hendo unfortunately being fragile causes the Rams to play Cam Akers before he's 100% healthy stupidly, and causes Akers to reinjure himself. I'm going to be so fuckin pissed.
If the Rams play Cam when he's not ready that's on the Coaching and medical staff, It's not Hendo fault.