Henderson could have scored a TD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
This video at the 3:54 mark shows Hendo's nice run.
If he didn't over compensate (by angling sharply to the right on the 3rd level) ... he could have easily gone the distance with his speed.
He ran himself into another player when he didn't have to. He got too excited.
Nice run though!

Ram65

Legend
If he didn't over compensate (by angling sharply to the right on the 3rd level) ... he could have easily gone the distance with his speed.
Nice run though!

I've watched the highlight a number of times and wondered about it myself. I think he saw the defender to his left and ran away from him. He could not see the defender behind him to the right and didn't feel him either so he cut to the right. He had the ball in his left hand so he couldn't stiff-arm the player to the left. He might have gone all the way if he stayed straight. It was a nice run!

I don't know if they had the big screen operating and if was where he could take a look at. If it was he could have looked at it to see where defenders were. Maybe he learns to do that.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I thought he coulda scored on that pass down the sideline, he turned all the way around to catch it then had to try to turn back around to run. Who was the receiver who used to do that all the time?

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, Slay was going to catch him. Look at Slay close the distance.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I've watched the highlight a number of times and wondered about it myself. I think he saw the defender to his left and ran away from him. He could not see the defender behind him to the right and didn't feel him either so he cut to the right. He had the ball in his left hand so he couldn't stiff-arm the player to the left. He might have gone all the way if he stayed straight. It was a nice run!

I don't know if they had the big screen operating and if was where he could take a look at. If it was he could have looked at it to see where defenders were. Maybe he learns to do that.
I agree. He was distancing himself from the guy to his left that he immediately saw and didn't see Slay to his right. Even though Slay was catching up, he had some steps and could have milked more yards and maybe even high step through a last minute dive to go all the way.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I thought he was gone. Whenever I see it happening I yell "There he goes!" and most of the time it means all the way. Credit to the defender for getting there.

TexasRam

Legend
If McVay didn’t fire Gurley it would be a touchdown

In all seriousness, in Gurleys prime that’s a house call. Remember that 2nd gear, like against the Titans?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
If McVay didn’t fire Gurley it would be a touchdown

In all seriousness, in Gurleys prime that’s a house call. Remember that 2nd gear, like against the Titans?
Dude don't make this fanboy cry.
IF this were in SoFI, Hendo woulda seen Slay in the Oculus lol

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think he saw the defender to his left and ran away from him. He could not see the defender behind him to the right and didn't feel him either so he cut to the right. He had the ball in his left hand so he couldn't stiff-arm the player to the left.

I'm not trying to argue. It's just fun to play 'what if' sometimes. If you look again, the defender on the left was not even angling toward him. He kinda had a Ram player trying to block him. That left side defender was running straight up field and if you freeze the film at the right moment, him and Hendo were dead even at one point.

I feel Hendo could have ran perfectly straight up field and would have had little enough real estate to get to the end zone before Slay could get to him.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
See right here. See the angles? His speed would have allowed him to run straight through it. Player on his left was out of position and EVEN leaning to his own left a little. It was at this moment that Hendo angled heavily to his right, to his demise. I know I'm correct on this one.

#29 runs upfield and even to his own left for a while. Was worried about the block from #11

hendo1.JPG

Last edited:

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Look where #29 is here. Even MORE outside the numbers than he was earlier.
Hendo should've trusted his speed and stayed straight. But I also do understand that it was VERY possible he didn't know the defender on the right was even there. Had he not been there, his cut would have been the right choice for a TD.

hendo2.JPG

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Maybe he doesn't have that 100 mph top speed to break it every time, but he sure gets up to full speed in two steps once he sees a whole. Something to keep an eye on.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I'm sure he looked at the tape on that run and will be mindful of straight line acceleration if he breaks another one.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You may be right. But boy did Slay close that gap in a hurry.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it looks like henderson thought the defender on the left was gonna try to tackle him so he veered right. he had no idea that defender would run away from him. who would? by the time he noticed slay it was too late.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

it looks like henderson thought the defender on the left was gonna try to tackle him so he veered right. he had no idea that defender would run away from him. who would? by the time he noticed slay it was too late.

Yeah, good points. (y)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nice run though!

I thought the same thing

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Look where #29 is here. Even MORE outside the numbers than he was earlier.
Hendo should've trusted his speed and stayed straight. But I also do understand that it was VERY possible he didn't know the defender on the right was even there. Had he not been there, his cut would have been the right choice for a TD.

View attachment 39255
He would have saw the defender in the Sofi Oculus.