Have the Saints Peaked too early?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They have put up 144 points in the last three games, and I think in general most fans would say they are the top team in the league right now.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I on a saints forum? Looks like I'm in the wrong place

giphy.webp

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unless - or until - some opponent provides a blueprint for how to stop them, I'm not sure where they end up at the end of the season.. might run the table, the way they're playing.

To me, it's like NE and Brady when they were at their zenith.

The only teams that beat them were the ones doing whatever it took to get pressure on Brady.

If you're gonna lose, go down swinging, IMO. Bring the house as much as you can. Brees can't throw very far on his back.

If he beats you, he beats you... but it's better than sitting back, giving him 20 seconds to find the open guy and death by a thousand cuts (passes).

That's all I can think of at this point in the season, given how they're playing.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, yesterday the Saints had 2 wide receivers show up out of nowhere, and both are rookie (Smith and Kirkwood), and big body receivers to boot.

If those two kids can keep making plays, Michael Thomas will be even more deadly. How he is making catches is criminal.

Smith dropped under %2 of the passes thrown his way a Central Florida. If he can get open then I think he can catch it.

The Eagles has surprisingly good coverage on the Saints receivers but Brees had lots of time and was making perfect passes. Tough combination with tall receivers with good hands.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Panthers aren’t looking like much of a threat right now. Seems the Saints got some smooth sailing ahead.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exac

Exactly, we are a strong contender, but clearly have a big hurdle to cross to reach the super bowl. Tonight will go a long way to showing exactly where in the field we are placed at present. This will be the biggest test since the Saints
This is what I'm thinking.

KC is as close as you get to NO right now, IMO.

In fact, they provide just as big of a challenge as NO (Mahome's elusiveness vs. Brees quick release). If Phillips can come up with a way to limit them to a decent score (<30), I'll have some hope.

If they score > 40? Tells me Phillips still hasn't come up with sufficient answers... and that will concern me greatly.

I guessed total points at 87... so that tells you what I think is going to happen. I just don't like that defense right now.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Eagles has surprisingly good coverage on the Saints receivers but Brees had lots of time and was making perfect passes. Tough combination with tall receivers with good hands.

Three of his TD's yesterday were to guys who were not open in the way we think of being open. But they were so perfectly thrown the defenders that were right there had no chance. It was unbelievable!

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope this thread from November is prophetic! They peaked in the middle of the season and are ready for a beat down!

dang

Legend
While the Saints Offense may have peaked in mid-season - their defense has improved since mid-season. Other than losing Rankins - they are at full strength.

Ellard80

Legend
The same thing could have been said of us ... 8-0 the first half... 5-3 the 2nd

But none of the really even matters now for either team.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Enough talk, time for the Aints to get a home beatdown. Break out those paper bags Nawlins! (y)

tumblr_mpexcyrmKz1sr9u4xo3_500.gif

giphy.gif