Has Arizona done enough to close the gap in NFCW?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They do need to win but IMO a 9 win 3rd place season could be enough for Bidwell to keep it together for another year. This is my hope.

I could see that too. 9-8 record would probably be enough.

I can see the logic. Its progress. But...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The sign most likely to make Kyler Murray disappointed and sad:

1621039421792.png

dang

Legend
in the division, I hate the 69ers and strongly dislike the Shecocks. I don’t feel anything but pity for the Cards. With that said paying Big $$$ for vets past their prime won’t translate into sustained success. So I see a team hoping, praying, scratching, clawing for a .500+ season. Best of luck as long as you go 0-2 against the Rams.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Cards added a bunch of good steady players in the draft and off-season is it enough, are the FAs to old sort in the vein of Talib and Suh steady but on the downside. Like adding Jj Watt and AJ Green. I like adding Hudson. Wrs are deep and added a speedster in Moore, LBs are better adding Collins with Simmons. They get Jones back which will help the DLine they lost Peterson and they invested heavily in the secondary at Db and safety in the draft.

Who knows I like Murray but he seems to get hurt unlike Russell Wilson roughly same size who doesn't.

You can't sleep on them - you stop their running RBs/Murray and attack their secondary they are a year away.

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend
they look good on paper... but its also kind of reminds me of when someone drafts a fantasy team with a bunch of big names on it... looks great on paper - but then they players are past their prime and just names that people recognize.

if the older guys still have juice they could be dangerous - but still big question marks to me.

oldnotdead

Legend
Ever since the Niners drafted Lance AZ will be outmatched at QB probably by 2023. So IMO over the long term no. That is the problem with running a limited dimensional college scheme. Also as I pointed out last year and was brought home last year, it's almost impossible to keep the offense going once the starting QB is gone. Everything in that offense is built around the specific skill set of Murray. It's virtually impossible for them to find much less keep a backup with a similar skill set. And as has been noted by many, running QBs are going to get hurt and their careers tend to fall off quickly as they age.

AZ's window is small compared to a pocket passer QB. Sure the Cards have tried to upgrade but much of it has been cosmetic and not for the long term. It's not like the other 3 teams have been standing pat. The Rams upgraded at QB and added depth and speed on both sides of the ball. The Niners have upgraded at QB and are looking at 2023. The Seahawks continue to tinker with their roster, but as long as they have a healthy Wilson you can never rule them out. So the answer to the question posed by this thread is NO the Cards haven't done enough. They might have a slightly better than average team but they are in a division of 3 legit playoff contenders.

Look at their draft. Collins their first-round pick will start immediately and with him, it's ready or not jump into the fire for him simply because of critical need at the position. I agree with most evaluators that he has starting-level talent but could benefit from a redshirt year to be coached up and polish his game. Moore is probably going to be their punt and kick returner and a backup slot receiver (in the second round?). Wison is looked upon as a ST player and backup CB (in the 4th round passing on Rochell??). This is indicative of how poorly the Cards draft and that is the problem. They committed to Murray's style of offense but they have yet to build a team around him on either side of the ball.

If they went 7-10 it wouldn't surprise me considering their schedule with 8-9 being optimistic. If they go 7-10 Kingsbury will be on the hot seat with a winning record in 2022 needed to save him. Say what you will about Kingsbury, the real issue with the Cards is in their FO and their poor drafts.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
When it comes to the Cardinals, I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe it will finally happen. They don't seem to be the media darlings they were the past couple years. The Browns finally broke through when the media stopped fawning over them. The media seems to be in love with the 49ers. Which is usually a death knell for a team.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I believe the Cardinals are better, but their defense needs to improve too. Murray is dangerous and although at times he can look small, IMO, the only question on him is durability. My feeling on the Cardinals is they can only go so far with Kliff Timothy Kingsbury as he seems to lose the important games.

Kingsbury lost in college too, although some will debate you can only take Texas Tech so far, but Kliff likes himself, likes to be on camera and needs to realize he's a Head Football Coach, not a Quarterback anymore. Kingsbury is all about me and that's why I feel the Cardinals will always come up short...Put on some damn socks.

1621179907472.png