Happy National Chili Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have a lot of Food Connoisseurs on ROD. Wondering if anyone has recipes they would lie to share.

Personally, I make mine with little fuss. Not a fan of chunky chili, just not my thing.

2 lbs ground beef
2 fresh cloves of garlic
1 can 8oz tomato sauce
1 can 4oz tomato paste
1 tbsp pepper
1 Teaspoon salt
1 tbsp onion powder
1 can rinse kidney beans
2-3 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp oregano.

EDIT…1 tbsp cumin

slow cook in cook pot for 4 hours.

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We have a lot of Food Connoisseurs on ROD. Wondering if anyone has recipes they would lie to share.

Personally, I make mine with little fuss. Not a fan of chunky chili, just not my thing.

2 lbs ground beef
2 fresh cloves of garlic
1 can 8oz tomato sauce
1 can 4oz tomato paste
1 tbsp pepper
1 Teaspoon salt
1 tbsp onion powder
1 can rinse kidney beans
2-3 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp oregano.

slow cook in cook pot for 4 hours.
No Cumin?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My chilli recipe is Top Secret. Most of my recipes are... but especially my chilli recipe. I won a chilli cook off with mine.

I'll tell you a few of the ingredients I use though... and these may sound surprising.

3/4 of a bottle of red wine.
2 Corona Lites
Fresh orange blossom honey

I don't use red meat... I use ground turkey breast, grilled chicken breasts chunked and grilled pork tenderloins also chunked.

That's all I'm giving out... but I'd happily make some if any of you Brethren want to come over and try it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Can't tell you my dad's chili; he keeps it top secret from everyone.

What I can tell you is that there's a smorgasbord of spices that he uses that he keeps mixed in a container for such an occasion. It is quite spicy and served hot, so much so that shredded cheese and oyster crackers to cool it down are not only recommended, but necessary.

Even with all of that - and I'm not much of a spicy person - it's the best chili I've ever had.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My chilli recipe is Top Secret. Most of my recipes are... but especially my chilli recipe. I won a chilli cook off with mine.

I'll tell you a few of the ingredients I use though... and these may sound surprising.

3/4 of a bottle of red wine.
2 Corona Lites
Fresh orange blossom honey

I don't use red meat... I use ground turkey breast, grilled chicken breasts chunked and grilled pork tenderloins also chunked.

That's all I'm giving out... but I'd happily make some if any of you Brethren want to come over and try it.
I have a buddy here in Colorado who participates in Chili cook offs. He uses whiskey, wine and beer in his chili. His is a little too spicy for me.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I have a buddy here in Colorado who participates in Chili cook offs. He uses whiskey, wine and beer in his chili. His is a little too spicy for me.

Chili grind beef & pork, beer, lots of onions and a nice selection of spices, end game is a splash of coke, ... the cola kind, that's all you'll get out of me.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We all have our secrets.......i can honestly say I have used every ingredient in this thread thus far.... other than ground turkey. I prefer chicken. I don't cook chili by recipe, but I do have some staples. Brown sugar is one. Original Rotel tomatoes and green chili's is another. The rest I will keep to myself. I always try to remember the main elements for cooking. Salt, fat, acid and heat. A good chili should definitely have them in heaping doses,haha.

Sometimes I am in the mood for a simple, classic chili. Other times I will throw the kitchen sink at it. Ever try mushrooms in a chili? A cup of strong coffee? Peanut butter? Hot mustard? Apple cider vinegar? Sound crazy? Maybe to some.... But that is what is so great about making chili. No rules baby!!!