Ha Ha Clinton-Dix not a first-round lock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
NFL | Ha Ha Clinton-Dix not a first-round lock
ESPN's Mel Kiper doesn't think University of Alabama S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is guaranteed to be the first safety off the board in the first round of this year's draft. Instead, Louisville S Calvin Pryor may earn that honor.

V3

Hall of Fame
Recently watched some videos on him and I wasn't impressed. I wouldn't take him in the first, either.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I have been on the Pryor train for quite some time as most of you know. Makes me scared, most prospects i truly want(there isn't many), the Rams don't get lol. Hope I'm not disappointed this year. This is the downfall for falling for a prospect to be on your team.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
If the Rams are thinking safety and miss out on Pryor I think I'd prefer Ed Reynolds over Clinton-Dix.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Just like last year, when Reid, Elam and Cyprien were all meant to be better than Vaccaro. In the end, the best player was selected first from that group, once all the pre-draft hype subsided.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
ROD'mers fans will be highly disappointed in the pick of safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix with any of the two first round selections. Not good! :confused:it would be a poor value in return for such a high rare draft picks. I have seen nothing of Dix that would make me take him in the first round and I live in Bama land where they are on TV every time they take the field.

I may have issues taking Dix with the 2nd rder. @ #44 :cautious:over other DB's who would be there. I sure hope that Snead does not place this DB Dix on any of the draft boards until the third round board & may by then some other team will have made that real bad mistake.;)

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I have seen nothing of Dix that would make me take him in the first round...
It isn't often that my assessment of a player differs too much from Bonifay's but we're poles apart on this one.

Clinton-Dix has enough speed to cover, enough technique to tackle and enough game intelligence to read plays.

He's easily the best FS in this year's draft. If we could nab Byrd in free agency, that'd be great. Seeing that we probably can't afford Byrd, the addition of Clinton-Dix to our secondary would be the next best thing.

Last edited:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Compared to the last few drafts, no he isn't a first round talent. But someone will take him in the 1st this year .

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
45696966.jpg

A55VA6

Legend
I like Joyner. He's like 5'8 which may hurt, but he's pretty much a smaller, less athletic Earl Thomas.. which isn't all that bad.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Joyner. He's like 5'8 which may hurt, but he's pretty much a smaller, less athletic Earl Thomas.. which isn't all that bad.

He reminds me of a cross between the Honey Badger and Bob Sanders. Guy is built, athletic and absolutely vicious.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He reminds me of a cross between the Honey Badger and Bob Sanders. Guy is built, athletic and absolutely vicious.
Yep I feel the same way about Joyner....that shortness will make him drop down the board some but IMO he could start at either safety post he could play @ either CB posts and be an excellent replacement for Cortland Finnegan in the Nickel! Ton of cap cash $$$$ to be saved there in this one selection. Dix ??? he will play safety. I am not saying that Dix is a bad player here just thinking that Snead could get better with those two first round picks & if Joyner & Dix were there in the 2nd rd. @ #44...Joyner would be a Ram if it were up to me. You have now a bonified legit nightmare for other teams players :sneaky:who venture in his area. Joyner is also a big playmaker!

Last edited: