Gronk just retired.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
My mom always taught me growing up that if I couldn't say something nice about someone to not say anything at all. So I can say that Gronk, at least, never murdered anyone.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
My mom always taught me growing up that if I couldn't say something nice about someone to not say anything at all. So I can say that Gronk, at least, never murdered anyone.
How do you know?

Flint

Pro Bowler
If the Rock is a solid 8.5 for action movies, bumped to a 9 with the budget, Gronk would be lucky to be at at 2... 1 if the part was a speaking role...

Wrestling is a great way to prepare for the movies, you have to learn dialogue and perform for the camera.
Seeing Gronk’s commercials, he could use the practice.

Flint

Pro Bowler

he stuck a fork in the 2018 rams on the way out.

And the ‘18 Chiefs and the ‘17 Jags, interesting to see what Bill comes up with now. For the last few years the Pats ace in the hole has been Gronk. He used to be too fast for lbs but lately he’s not what he was but they find a way to get him matched up on corners. With the game on the line Brady’s going to Gronk and it’s worked time and again, so now what? Apparently they wanted Jared Cook badly, (Jared Cook?) but he’s not interested.
We thought last year was the year since they had to go on the road but maybe just maybe this is the beginning of the end.

Slipcubus

UDFA
As much as we all hate the Patriots, gronk will go down as one of the greats . Besides that one play, I've never seen any foul play on the field. For as good as he was as a pass catcher and end zone threat, they'll miss his blocking most . Huge blow to the Patriots, which is great for us .

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Report: Gronkowski mulling retirement to pursue Hollywood career
as actor

New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is reportedly considering retiring from football to pursue a career in Hollywood as an actor.

Citing a source, Bill Burt of The Eagle-Tribune reported Tuesday night that Gronkowski has been told by two acting superstars, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Sylvester Stallone, that he could make millions of dollars in action films.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...to-pursue-hollywood-career-as-actor/23355679/

I know people give both Stallone and Schwarzenegger crap about their diction and seeming to be not the brightest bulbs in the marquee, but Stallone wrote and obviously starred in Rocky which won Best Picture over all time classics like All the President's Men, Network, and Taxi Driver. Rocky beat THOSE movies for Best Picture. He's created TWO all time great film franchises in Rocky and Rambo.

Schwarzenegger was tremendously business savvy, coming from Austria with next to nothing in his pockets and along with Joe Weider revolutionized body building with his superhuman symmetry and then transitioned to acting where his acting is HIGHLY underrated... I mean, his range goes from Terminator to Junior, fer cryin' out loud. And if you've never seen him in Maggie, you may have missed his BEST acting work...which is honest to God real acting. I was stunned at how he was so good that his wife in the movie, the tremendously talented Joely Richardson, ends up looking wooden in comparison (some of that may be on the Director, but still)

Dwayne Johnson's first major role, in Get Shorty, he played an openly flamboyant gay bodyguard and has meshed family roles like in the Tooth Fairy with much harder roles as well as contributing significantly to the Fast and Furious franchise and now partaking with Jason Statham in the spinoff.

Rob Gronkowski? See, I've watched him both after games being interviewed and during the off-season as well as that horrific stint on Drop the Mic, the scripted battle rap show that started as a segment on the Late, Late Show with James Corden. He's the ONLY person ever on that show that didn't get a beat because he literally can barely say WORDS.

I can't imagine the patience the director of that Tide Pods commercial had to have just to get that meathead to regurgitate those few lines and then ham it up like he's in a frat house skit. "I was able to actually spit out 'Tide Pods', so now I'm gonna grin like an idiot and flex, because...TWO WHOLE WORDS without saying 'bro' or 'dude'..."

No, Rob Gronkowski is NOT going to be an action star.

There is an art to the B movie and it actually does take tons of tremendously talented people to make a fun, engaging action movie.

After one cringey, Razzie winning role, I suspect Gronk will contemplate coming out of retirement after his cameo on Scary Movie 10 is so forgettable that he has to remind people he had a cameo in it.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Wrestling is a great way to prepare for the movies, you have to learn dialogue and perform for the camera.
Seeing Gronk’s commercials, he could use the practice.

That's like saying I'd need practice to run the 100M in the Olympics...

I'd be more successful at that then Gronk will ever be in a speaking role. It wouldn't surprise me if the dude had to just point at the menu to order at McDonalds.

Flint

Pro Bowler
That's like saying I'd need practice to run the 100M in the Olympics...

I'd be more successful at that then Gronk will ever be in a speaking role. It wouldn't surprise me if the dude had to just point at the menu to order at McDonalds.

Gronk might be a meathead but he’s no dummy. How many guys just couldn’t get the NE offense? Quite a few, they had all the skill in the world but couldn’t pick it up. Then you have Gronk who’s a key cog in the McDaniels offense, they split him out, he’s in tight and he seems to have Brady’s complete trust.
Either he’s smarter than he’d have us believe or he’s smart enough to surround himself with smart people, he’s got endorsements, he makes millions and he has rings.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Gronk might be a meathead but he’s no dummy. How many guys just couldn’t get the NE offense? Quite a few, they had all the skill in the world but couldn’t pick it up. Then you have Gronk who’s a key cog in the McDaniels offense, they split him out, he’s in tight and he seems to have Brady’s complete trust.
Either he’s smarter than he’d have us believe or he’s smart enough to surround himself with smart people, he’s got endorsements, he makes millions and he has rings.

There are plenty of different kinds of "intelligence". I get that.

It is possible for someone to almost be a savant at something and pretty much terribad at nearly everything else.

Heck, there are musicians who are among the best in the world... and have trouble taking a subway or paying for things.

Gronk will definitely go down as one of the best TEs to ever play.

That wasn't my criticism.

I've seen him communicate both in after game interviews as well as during calm studio sessions and more informal settings and he consistently cannot put a sentence together to save his life.

As for "smart enough to surround himself with smart people", he didn't draft himself to NE, he didn't draft Brady, he didn't hire Belichick and he only does his part in the offense, so it's not like he's a football genius.

He's got endorsements because he's a likable guy with the demeanor of a 12 year old. It's like if the movie Big was set to football.

But let's be clear, he's not a grown up in the conventional sense and pays people to be that for him. Was that his idea? No clue.

What I was saying, specifically, is that being an "action star" is WAAAAAY harder than it seems. John Cena is a really well spoken guy and can actually act, but he hasn't broken through, yet (I did think the Marine was a good start, not sure what happened after that).

My point was he brings literally NOTHING to film. He can't speak. He's wooden as hell except when he's partying. He has ONE emotion, so unless he went to the Kristen Stewart Single Emotion School of Acting, he's got no future in it.

Also, while there are more options for actors than ever with Apple TV+ jumping in with Netflix, HBO, Showtime, Starz, Hulu, Amazon Prime and others, the action film genre is still pretty limited in the number of releases that get funded as they cost more to make. Also, between Marvel and DC, much of the bandwidth for action has been taken up by them so if you're not the Rock or Jackie Chan, you're maybe having trouble making a pure action film unless it's an indy film like Polar with Mads Mikkelson (which was pretty damn good, imho). Those indy action films have the benefit of using underutilized amazing actors like Mads Mikkelson or Viggo Mortensen and their tremendous acting skill coupled with their ability to do action drives those films.

Gronk's not the devil and I don't see him as such.

He was an amazing TE. What he will NEVER be is an action star in movies. There are prerequisites for that, of which he possesses only the physicality.

Now if there's a role for a gigantic, mute serial killer.... maybe.

Flint

Pro Bowler
There are plenty of different kinds of "intelligence". I get that.

It is possible for someone to almost be a savant at something and pretty much terribad at nearly everything else.

Heck, there are musicians who are among the best in the world... and have trouble taking a subway or paying for things.

Gronk will definitely go down as one of the best TEs to ever play.

That wasn't my criticism.

I've seen him communicate both in after game interviews as well as during calm studio sessions and more informal settings and he consistently cannot put a sentence together to save his life.

As for "smart enough to surround himself with smart people", he didn't draft himself to NE, he didn't draft Brady, he didn't hire Belichick and he only does his part in the offense, so it's not like he's a football genius.

He's got endorsements because he's a likable guy with the demeanor of a 12 year old. It's like if the movie Big was set to football.

But let's be clear, he's not a grown up in the conventional sense and pays people to be that for him. Was that his idea? No clue.

What I was saying, specifically, is that being an "action star" is WAAAAAY harder than it seems. John Cena is a really well spoken guy and can actually act, but he hasn't broken through, yet (I did think the Marine was a good start, not sure what happened after that).

My point was he brings literally NOTHING to film. He can't speak. He's wooden as hell except when he's partying. He has ONE emotion, so unless he went to the Kristen Stewart Single Emotion School of Acting, he's got no future in it.

Also, while there are more options for actors than ever with Apple TV+ jumping in with Netflix, HBO, Showtime, Starz, Hulu, Amazon Prime and others, the action film genre is still pretty limited in the number of releases that get funded as they cost more to make. Also, between Marvel and DC, much of the bandwidth for action has been taken up by them so if you're not the Rock or Jackie Chan, you're maybe having trouble making a pure action film unless it's an indy film like Polar with Mads Mikkelson (which was pretty damn good, imho). Those indy action films have the benefit of using underutilized amazing actors like Mads Mikkelson or Viggo Mortensen and their tremendous acting skill coupled with their ability to do action drives those films.

Gronk's not the devil and I don't see him as such.

He was an amazing TE. What he will NEVER be is an action star in movies. There are prerequisites for that, of which he possesses only the physicality.

Now if there's a role for a gigantic, mute serial killer.... maybe.

I get that he didn’t have much to do with being in NE, but somebody’s getting him endorsements and advising him on his money and getting him on tv without a helmet.
There is more content than ever as you say, but a lot of it is terrible which should work in his favor.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Great player, great team mate (seems to be). Some people just hate ya no matter what you do. Wish he had been a Ram
And if he was a Ram we wouldn't be hating on him. He's a patsie so..... fuck him.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
And if he was a Ram we wouldn't be hating on him. He's a patsie so..... freak him.

He'd still be a meathead, but he'd be our meathead.

And I'd still say that he has less chance than I do to be a legit action movie star.

Just like I'll say that I have a better chance of becoming a yoga teacher than McVay... who's manic energy and focus would make such an effort beyond impossible. He's still maybe my favorite coach ever in the NFL... although I still have a super soft spot in my heart for Vermeil.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The Man will be waiting.

ac247c3104136c1b-600x338.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Schwarzenegger was tremendously business savvy, coming from Austria with next to nothing in his pockets and along with Joe Weider revolutionized body building with his superhuman symmetry

That body was courtesy of huge amounts of roids.

And if you've never seen him in Maggie, you may have missed his BEST acting work

I've never seen that movie but I have heard that he shocked people with that role even though the movie was bad.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've never seen that movie but I have heard that he shocked people with that role even though the movie was bad.

Stallone was in Cop Land with Harvey Keitel, Ray Liotta, and Robert De Niro - and gave the best performance in the movie. And it wasn't that the others sucked. Stallone showed that he had one great screenplay (Rocky) and one great performance in him (at least).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Stallone was in Cop Land with Harvey Keitel, Ray Liotta, and Robert De Niro - and gave the best performance in the movie. And it wasn't that the others sucked. Stallone showed that he had one great screenplay (Rocky) and one great performance in him (at least).

The idea behind Rocky was very clever. It was also a well done movie.

Liotta is an excellent actor IMO. Highly under appreciated.

If Stallone out performed Liotta, Keitel and DeNiro then he was excellent. Those guys are seriously talented.

nighttrain

Legend
The idea behind Rocky was very clever. It was also a well done movie.

Liotta is an excellent actor IMO. Highly under appreciated.

If Stallone out performed Liotta, Keitel and DeNiro then he was excellent. Those guys are seriously talented.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
That body was courtesy of huge amounts of roids.

No, the size was from the roids, the symmetry was all genetics. Tons of guys who are natural will NEVER get that kind of symmetry. Even guys now who are clearly using can't get close.