Greg Zuerlein being placed on IR with back injury. Wow...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Go to work Bones!!
...and maybe Hekker can show him how to lay the wood, on kick-offs.... :)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Cant even read the comments...pissed...o_O
on a positive note, as a PSU fan its great to finally see Ficken get a chance. dude was a STUD in college
Hope so....Snead can usually work magic, but there's been some crap FG kickers out there

Man...can someone post some stuff on Fricken? See yall tomorrow:cry::(:mad:

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
What's his 40 time?

On a serious note, hopefully Zuerlein comes back at full strength.
Hope this is a cautionary type situation where his back needs down time, not something already serious. GZ is an extraordinary weapon and will be missed.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Just so bizarre the timing of this thing. They know more than we, but why not just rest it for two weeks in hope that it will be better for the playoffs. Must be pretty bad.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
So, GZ has been THIS studly WITH a back injury???

Well, if he doesn't win the Jack Youngblood trophy, something's wrong...

That explains why he was so short on that 60+ yard FG try (I think against the Saints?). He never has had an issue with power ever. This is a big time loss at a bad time. Get well soon GZ!

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I read somewhere that this has been a season long issue and that the Rams were hoping he could gut it out till the end of the year. That being said I wonder if the Rams had been proactive in their search for GZ's replacement and working with Fricken at all prior to this week.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Best of luck to the kid. It's crazy to think he's been this good with a herniated disk! The amount of torque he has to put on his back during those kickoffs. We might have the toughest kicker in the league.

This just means more TD's. Let's Ficken go!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Just so bizarre the timing of this thing. They know more than we, but why not just rest it for two weeks in hope that it will be better for the playoffs. Must be pretty bad.

He's having surgery Thursday. I dunno if that was today or next Thursday. Probably today since I'm writing this at barely past midnight.

It was obviously serious enough to need surgery and now that it's flared up, they want to get the surgery done ASAP so that he can start his rehab.

And for anyone that doesn't know, the kick places tremendous pressure on the spine. As hard as Legatron kicks it, it's going to take awhile for him to rebuild his back strength and flexibility as well as rebuild the leg muscles.

At this point, I think having him back for OTAs may be optimistic. We'll see, but back's are tricky situations.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Well, crap.

Time to increase our TD/FG ratio I guess.

Actually an interesting thought.
Goff even said, paraphrasing “inside the 35-40, I know we got 3, so don’t mess up”.
Maybe he shines - who knows?

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
He will need surgery for a herniated disc. 12-week recovdery time.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This is a lot worse than most people realize. We definitely don’t have 10 wins right now without GZ showing his pure dominance all season. We lost a whole level of our scoring attack.

I wish I could be optimistic about Ficken but if he was released by the Chargers and Jaguars (two teams in a desperate struggle to find any kicking talent), then we are looking at an epic downgrade.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just watch: Ficken will kick the game winner in the Super Bowl.
Our turn to win 20-17
I was thinking the same thing. This only adds to the pot another storyline to a team that can overcome adversity.
Kicker, picked up off the street, wins with last second FG for the Rams. If it's going to happen, it will be this season. We just have to hope he's good from about 45 to 50 yards out. They worked out 10 guys and he was the best. C'mon Bones, work your magic!