Going well / Not going well

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Through 2 games, 2 things going well, 2 things not going well. Let's hear yours.

Going well:
  • Our kicking game. Josh Karty has been perfect on his attempts. Granted 3 FG's and 3 PAT's is not a lot of action, but that's a good start for the rookie. Ethan Evans has a 100% touch back rate handling kickoffs.
  • Tre'Davious White. I wasn't sure his availability to start the season, but he took 100% of the snaps against Detroit and 91% against AZ which was tops among CB's. Yeah he gave up some plays to Harrison, but he's healthy and a solid player.
Not going well (besides the obvious - injuries):
  • Our running game. The oline injuries haven't helped, but Kyren's 2.5 yards per carry isn't going to cut it.
  • Colby Parkinson's involvement. I was hoping he'd get more opportunities than 7 targets and 5 catches through 2 games.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I still get nervous during FGs, but Karty is slowly easing my mind.
We’re fortunate to have him.

Parkinson looks great out there. He was a nice pickup this offseason.
Maybe with Kupp and Nacua out, he’ll see more opportunities.
That is, if we don’t need to keep extra men back to help block.
Hopefully AJ can stay on the field and give Stafford some time to actually throw a football.

Last edited by a moderator:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know who will be Stafford's favorite target with both Kupp and Puka out. He has a tendency to rely on one guy a little too much. Will the injuries force him to spread it around more?

Robinson, Johnson and Tutu are capable of carrying the load. They can run routes and make catches. But Stafford will need the time to get it to them. Two starters on the line are out. Which makes running the ball tougher.

I imagine Whittington elevates to WR4? His opportunity to shine like Puka did with Kupp out last year. Whatever the case they need to find a way to give Kyren some room to run. With the top two receivers out being able to run can alleviate the problems.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Seems like a pattern that once an RB and our rungame show signs of competence we draft a rookie. The following season our run game suffers and the RB under performs.

It is early so we have time to right the ship.
Let’s hope we can get going on the ground or we may be in for a long season

muggmeister

Starter
Not so sure about your analysis here. Karty is already hurting after 6 kicks, wtf? 6 fucking kicks and he doesn't handle kickoffs. White has been a goddamn disaster to this point as he can't cover a bed if he was an oversized comforter. Yea the run game sucks and of course it's due to the o-line injuries, and Parkinson should be getting a lot more looks in the passing game. Not sure what kind of feedback you were looking for with this thread and don't mean to be an asshole, but........sorry

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Going well:

I'm still trying to figure that one out. Give me time. I'm sure I can think of something.

Not going well:

Run defense. Run blocking. Tackling. Pass blocking. Pass defense.
Pretty much all of the above and not necessarily in any order.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Personally, I think Corum looked excellent in his carries at the end of the game. Almost broke 2 for long gains and was more productive then Williams. Then again, we were down like 50 and they may not have had their full D in. I was just encouraged by it.

Also, I think Verse is going to be a beast. Playing anyone but the midget last week and he gets 2 sacks and several hurries. Week prior he missed out on another sack as well as the one he did get. He's a keeper.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Personally, I think Corum looked excellent in his carries at the end of the game. Almost broke 2 for long gains and was more productive then Williams. Then again, we were down like 50 and they may not have had their full D in. I was just encouraged by it.

Also, I think Verse is going to be a beast. Playing anyone but the midget last week and he gets 2 sacks and several hurries. Week prior he missed out on another sack as well as the one he did get. He's a keeper.

Cards pulled a lot of their starters in the end of the 3rd early 4th quarter. So there's that. Williams is a stud.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Well the first good thing is we haven't lost anybody in the first to games to season ending injury.
Second our Running backs and QBs are healthy. Don't think we can say that about any other position.
what's going badly? Well my mom always told me if I can't say anything positive don't say anything at all. Besides I can't make up my mind which 2 to list.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best things: Was how excited I was after 2nd week of preseason.
General Tsao's Chicken over rice. Crab Rangoon with sweet and sour sauce.

Worst things: How down I was after the first game.
Asparagus.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Best things: Was how excited I was after 2nd week of preseason.
General Tsao's Chicken over rice. Crab Rangoon with sweet and sour sauce.

Worst things: How down I was after the first game.
Asparagus.
You forgot Bursselsprouts in your list of worst things.

Vile.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You forgot Bursselsprouts in your list of worst things.

Vile.
Also people who love them always try to get other people to eat them. It's like some kind of sick cult.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not so sure about your analysis here. Karty is already hurting after 6 kicks, wtf? 6 fucking kicks and he doesn't handle kickoffs. White has been a goddamn disaster to this point as he can't cover a bed if he was an oversized comforter. Yea the run game sucks and of course it's due to the o-line injuries, and Parkinson should be getting a lot more looks in the passing game. Not sure what kind of feedback you were looking for with this thread and don't mean to be an asshole, but........sorry
It’s all good, brother. Just making conversation. That’s what we’re here for.

I struggled to put together my “going well” list, and was hoping for some replies to point some out.

It’s a new week and things can change fast in the NFL.

Go Rams!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Karty is already hurting after 6 kicks, wtf? 6 fucking kicks and he doesn't handle kickoffs.
We all remember Sloman’s debut. So there’s that.

And with Ethan Evan’s leg, I am not seeing the big deal having him do kickoffs. He’s done them before for us, and touchbacks seem the way to go. Bombs away!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Kyren is getting the cam Akers treatment and, predictably, it's not going well. Not so easy making yards when the d players are in your face. At least he has a chance to wind up a bit before meeting the wall of defenders. Akers was getting hit the moment he secured the ball.

The sad part is you can see kyren searching for something to run through but there's nothing there. Can the oline pick it up a little? Give this guy a chance.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Going well: Verse is looking as advertised. RBs and Staff seem to be healthy. If our Oline gets healthy, we could bounce on offense.

Not going well: Oline health and AJ apparently being a knucklehead. Our defense overall seems to be easily pushed around.