Godzilla vs King Kong

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone else have difficulty finding appeal in heavy CGI movies? Too much Computer Generated Imagery turns me off. Even movies, like Star Wars, have to have a degree of believability to me, or I can’t get into it.

Going all the way back to Avatar. I still have not watched that movie.
Big time.
I started watching this nd lost interest, felt like I was watching a cartoon.

BTW, what's this "Paying for" nonsense?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I loved Godzilla as a kid. So much so that I fought hard for one of my bands names to be Monster Zero....I was out voted. Still pissed about that one....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It was a mindless monster mash movie. I'd give it 3/5. It was fun.

Anyone else have difficulty finding appeal in heavy CGI movies? Too much Computer Generated Imagery turns me off. Even movies, like Star Wars, have to have a degree of believability to me, or I can’t get into it.

Going all the way back to Avatar. I still have not watched that movie.

Wait...are you saying you turn yourself off?

Avatar is a fantastic movie btw. I love it, mostly because I'm a fan of movies that make me immersed into another world. If I'm depressed seeing my car in the parking lot afterwards, the movie was a success.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wait...are you saying you turn yourself off?

tenor.gif

:D

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I loved Godzilla movies as a kid. I'd likely watch Godzilla vs Kong if they still have it when I return to HBO Max.

I loved Avatar. That's a great movie. @Memento you oversimplify it. The main character is torn between the native Na'vi people and his own. He's still trying to be a loyal soldier and due to the military he gets to walk again. But he sees more value in the life of Pandora and loves it. His betrayal was more like he was played and used.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I loved Godzilla movies as a kid. I'd likely watch Godzilla vs Kong if they still have it when I return to HBO Max.

I loved Avatar. That's a great movie. @Memento you oversimplify it. The main character is torn between the native Na'vi people and his own. He's still trying to be a loyal soldier and due to the military he gets to walk again. But he sees more value in the life of Pandora and loves it. His betrayal was more like he was played and used.

Even if his betrayal was being played and used, there's absolutely no reason for him to be forgiven by the natives just because he took over one giant bird/pterodactyl creature. It made no sense. Why would anyone - especially people who think he betrayed them - think that equates to trustworthiness?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Even if his betrayal was being played and used, there's absolutely no reason for him to be forgiven by the natives just because he took over one giant bird/pterodactyl creature. It made no sense. Why would anyone - especially people who think he betrayed them - think that equates to trustworthiness?

Anyone who ever controlled and rode the Giant banshee is Farouk Mokto. Only the greatest warriors and leaders in the Navi’s history had been able to do that. Its like a prophecy. If Sully betrayed anyone in that movie it was the humans and marines imo.

To each his own. We are obviously different in how we view movies. If it’s a fantasy or science fiction movie anything goes, including beliefs. We have cultures on Earth that have some very whacked religious beliefs.

When I watch a lot of other realistic movies, any little inconsistencies or leaps in logic drive me crazy and ruin the movie for me.

Angry Ram

Anyone who ever controlled and rode the Giant banshee is Farouk Mokto. Only the greatest warriors and leaders in the Navi’s history had been able to do that. Its like a prophecy. If Sully betrayed anyone in that movie it was the humans and marines imo.

Turok Makto. It's explained that it only happened 5 times since the beginning of their time, anytime there was some dire circumstance. Jake took a shot, not knowing if he could actually bond and control it. Remember he sucked at riding horses.

I need to watch that movie again. The story is basic but I love the world building.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Turok Makto. It's explained that it only happened 5 times since the beginning of their time, anytime there was some dire circumstance. Jake took a shot, not knowing if he could actually bond and control it. Remember he sucked at riding horses.

I need to watch that movie again. The story is basic but I love the world building.

yeah I haven’t seen it in a long time. Sully risked his life trying to ride Turo Makto. He made a huge sacrifice to save Pandora and the Na’Vi. When the tantathores started fighting back and Natiiri yelled “Aiwa has heard you!” that’s one of my all time favorite movie moments. They do a good job building up the despair for the Na’Vi and dislike for the greedy corporation and warmongering Colonel Quaritch. That moment is very uplifting.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My wife and youngest son really liked Avatar. Me and my oldest? Not so much. I'm with you on the overuse of CGI.
I have to agree. I saw Avatar in the movie theater and almost walked out in the middle of it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't seen this Godzilla vs King Kong movie, but a friend told me who did see it that Godzilla kicked Kongs ass...What a crock of shit! That's almost as bad as saying Thanos had a chance against the real Incredible Hulk that I grew up with in the comics of the 60's and 70's!

Angry Ram

I haven't seen this Godzilla vs King Kong movie, but a friend told me who did see it that Godzilla kicked Kongs ass...What a crock of shit! That's almost as bad as saying Thanos had a chance against the real Incredible Hulk that I grew up with in the comics of the 60's and 70's!

Only partly true. There's basically 3 rounds and the 3rd is the rubber match.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Godzilla SHOULD kick that dumb ape's ass.....and thanks for trying to ruin the movie for those who haven't seen it, jackass!!! :)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Godzilla SHOULD kick that dumb ape's ass.....and thanks for trying to ruin the movie for those who haven't seen it, jackass!!! :)
No way.. A simian should be smarter than a whole class of lizards that went extinct cuz they couldn't hand a little ice age or two!

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
No way.. A simian should be smarter than a whole class of lizards that went extinct cuz they couldn't hand a little ice age or two!
This is no ordinary lizard my friend...this is a radioactive sumbitch!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, I liked it but I'm easily entertained sometimes. I too like a little reality mixed in with all the fantasy and this movie misses the mark of some of that but it is a monster movie so.................

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
LOL...of course Godzilla kicked Kong’s ass. Finally made up for the travesty that was the 1963 original matchup.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL...of course Godzilla kicked Kong’s ass. Finally made up for the travesty that was the 1963 original matchup.
By all means...although that Giant Moth kicks my ass, so... ~ Lizard Breath

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
By all means...although that Giant Moth kicks my ass, so... ~ Lizard Breath
Um...no. In one matchup, Big G kills Mothra (then is tied up by her children). In the other, he kills her counterpart, Battra, and is then confined by Mothra.

In the Monsterverse, they were allies against Ghidora.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I hated Avatar. The only character I actually liked was the pilot played by Michelle Rodriguez (and that's probably because I lowkey am attracted to her). The plot was especially lame, cliche, and made no sense. The main character betrayed the natives, and they hated him...but he captures one bird creature, and they all follow him? Just made zero sense.

It's basically Dances with Wolves in space...

And who made Dances with Wolves? James Cameron...