Girl suspended for shaving head to support cancer patient

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Across our country, our schools have been infilitrated with seemingly idiotic people who are in positions of power who apparently are out of touch with reality. I don't quite understand how this has happened but it is obviously very true.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Best thing to happen to that girl is to be thrown out of such an idiotic school. If I were here parents I would have not allowed her to return, and find a sane educational platform for my child.

By the way, reading material from the linked to website is damaging to ones brain health.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
This is what happens when we have absolute rules with no lee-way. It's clear that she's not a neo-nazi skin head (which the rule was originally designed for). It's just moronic, idiotic and stupid...just plain stupid

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We have a Summer camp nearby and it serves kids with specific illnesses. My wife used to work their full time but once she finished college she only worked the Spina Bifida camp. It got to be a yearly thing from her college days that the kids from that camp shaved her head. She did it for about 5 years. That was before I knew her, but I admire her for it. It had nothing to do with Cancer but it was just something that the kids really enjoyed. Our whole family is involved in that specific camp now.

The original post is absurd. I slowly lose more faith in Americans each and every day.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess this proves...."You can't fix Stupid!"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what happens when we have absolute rules with no lee-way. It's clear that she's not a neo-nazi skin head (which the rule was originally designed for). It's just moronic, idiotic and stupid...just plain stupid

Yep. Rules aren't meant to be concrete. They're in place for the betterment of society but there always has to be some slack. Rules are not one size fits all.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Yep. Rules aren't meant to be concrete. They're in place for the betterment of society but there always has to be some slack. Rules are not one size fits all.
the only real rule the founders put in place was don't tread on me. Evrything else only serves someone elses pursuit of power. Our legal system was quite different 200 yrs ago. It's all been turned on its head now.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Then I hear a report this morning that this demonstration of support happened a long time ago and the kid still wants to have a shaved head and that there are other disruptions the school is dealing with. I am sure more will come out about this. Please post of you see something.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
the only real rule the founders put in place was don't tread on me. Evrything else only serves someone elses pursuit of power. Our legal system was quite different 200 yrs ago. It's all been turned on its head now.

Don't you just love how the politicians like to translate the amendments to fit their agenda? I never knew there could be so many ways to read the same things that were read and understood so clearly for centuries. Now I find out we have been misunderstanding the laws all of these years.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Don't you just love how the politicians like to translate the amendments to fit their agenda? I never knew there could be so many ways to read the same things that were read and understood so clearly for centuries. Now I find out we have been misunderstanding the laws all of these years.
the public has all the power, and is commonly deceived into giving it away. Heck, most people still think the Constitution regulates the people.

Given that this school get public monies via the Charter system, I am not so surre they are off the hook with respect tot their infringement on the girl's liberties.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Law suit time....
The problem is damages. Given that the school let the girl back in they really haven't damaged the child or her parents, at least not in the eyes of law. Perhaps they could argue emotional distress or something like that, but that's a hard one 'cause financial damages are hard to realize, and therefore attorneys don't want to take the case, unless they're interested in pure PR value from a national news story like this one.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
the public has all the power, and is commonly deceived into giving it away. Heck, most people still think the Constitution regulates the people.

Given that this school get public monies via the Charter system, I am not so surre they are off the hook with respect tot their infringement on the girl's liberties.

Never thought of it myself but that is a good perspective. These power hungry politicians are running Amok lately. Coming from an open carry State, watching these new takes on gun laws is a bit unnerving. Flat out taking rights away and finding ways to justify it should be grounds for impeachment and jail time.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
In November we had an intruder. He broke in at 2 AM while the family and I were sleeping. The dog heard him and scared him away before I got a look at the guy, but I figured out who it was because he also robbed a client of mine, a defenseless 83 year old widow at that. He was sloppy and the State cops got lots of evidence on him. He was jailed in three days. 2weeks later he was on the street, out on bail. The guy was a felon that already served 5 years in prison and the Police said he would go right to jail. He is still out walking around. The DA didn't even know he was. Felon or that he had pending charges. The Magistrate said that the counties don't have the money to put people in jail yet there are guys in their for lesser crimes. We are still waiting for this guy to go to trial. The whole time the widow is afraid to sleep at night. Apparently his rights are more important than ours despite all of the evidence collected.

I am losing faith in our government by the day.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Across our country, our schools have been infilitrated with seemingly idiotic people who are in positions of power who apparently are out of touch with reality. I don't quite understand how this has happened but it is obviously very true.

No just these random stories that get highly publicized for a reaction.

Working in a school myself (albeit only as a substitute and possibly for not much longer) there's a lot of myths about what the public thinks happens in schools vs. what really goes down.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
No just these random stories that get highly publicized for a reaction.

Working in a school myself (albeit only as a substitute and possibly for not much longer) there's a lot of myths about what the public thinks happens in schools vs. what really goes down.
Oh, trust me, although I'm sure a lot of crazy angles get explored by our modern day sensationalists in our lost media, there are some frigged up units in charge in education. My wife is a dean at a technical college and I get quite a few stories from behind the scenes too.