Getting to 4-4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I almost put this hypothetical topic up before the Pittsburgh game…

Most around here thought we’d beat Pittsburgh, but knew Dallas would be tougher and our collective psyche sort of mentally braced to be 4-4 after the Dallas game.

What if that is flipped and we beat Dallas to reach 4-4?

Do we have more momentum heading into Green Bay coming off a Dallas win instead of a Dallas loss?

Maybe so? Let’s go beat Dallas.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to figure it will take 10 wins to get in the playoffs.
That 5th loss would really sting heading in to the 2nd half of the season with road games at Baltimore and San Fran on the plate.
4-4 first half would have really looked great on paper, so the way it worked out, I think it would be even more positive if they were able to pull it off. Would feel more like exceeding expectations, then just meeting. Just my op of course

dang

Legend
I think we saw what the Rams have last week. I like the fight and play of the youngsters but not expecting a playoff appearance THIS year. Still very interested in watching each game to see what we have and what we need for NEXT years run.Top of the list for needs are stud LT (Trade/Draft) and Edge (Trade/FA).

Last edited:

NYCRam

Rookie
It's a week-to-week League. After last Sunday's loss we are all down in the dumps. If we win tomorrow the future is bright again and thinking Playoffs.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's a week-to-week League.
It sure is. I don’t think any of us would have predicted SF to lose their last 2, especially being against the Browns and Vikings.

NYCRam

Rookie
It sure is. I don’t think any of us would have predicted SF to lose their last 2, especially being against the Browns and Vikings.
Right now, I'm very disheartened from last Sunday. 2 reasons.
1. Gift-wrapping away a game we had won.
2. The realization that the Los Angeles Rams play under a handicap that I'm starting to think will never get better. The fact that we dont have a Home Field Advantage.

We have a chance to turn our season around tomorrow and next Sunday before the Bye.

dang

Legend
Right now, I'm very disheartened from last Sunday. 2 reasons.
1. Gift-wrapping away a game we had won.
2. The realization that the Los Angeles Rams play under a handicap that I'm starting to think will never get better. The fact that we dont have a Home Field Advantage.

We have a chance to turn our season around tomorrow and next Sunday before the Bye.
Regarding: 1. Gift-wrapping away a game we had won.

I don’t think leading 17-10 with 1.5 quarters to play qualifies as “had won” but there was momentum after Henderson’s TD. The Rams got beat badly in the 4th quarter. Steelers executed better and wanted it more.

I do agree with point 2. That is very disheartening and won’t change anytime soon.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If the question is, what if we win and go 4-4? Then yeah, I could see a lot of excitement going into next week. The possibility of going 5-4 into the bye would be real. Green Bay is a team we can beat. Then playoff talk would have a lot more traction.

If the question is, will we win and go 4-4 into next week? I'd say no. We have a young defense. Looks to be talent deficient overall. They can put together a nice half. But the lack of talent and experience makes it hard to sustain it for 4 quarters. The offense seems to be above average. But at the end of the 4 quarters they seem to be very average in scoring points.

NYCRam

Rookie
Regarding: 1. Gift-wrapping away a game we had won.

I don’t think leading 17-10 with 1.5 quarters to play qualifies as “had won” but there was momentum after Henderson’s TD. The Rams got beat badly in the 4th quarter. Steelers executed better and wanted it more.

I do agree with point 2. That is very disheartening and won’t change anytime soon.
Leading 17-10 and driving well into Field Goal range.....

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
To me it all comes down to how Stafford plays. If he's on, we win. If he's off a little or a lot, we lose.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would love a win over Dallas. The reality is not looking good. Sadly, the Steelers collapse was a nail in the coffin lid.

The way to beat Dallas is crystal clear. Direct line pressure on Dak and keep Pollard in check. On offense the run game and short passing game has to be effective.

Plus, the melt down of Cowboy fans is nothing more than pleasing to my ears.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I almost put this hypothetical topic up before the Pittsburgh game…

Most around here thought we’d beat Pittsburgh, but knew Dallas would be tougher and our collective psyche sort of mentally braced to be 4-4 after the Dallas game.

What if that is flipped and we beat Dallas to reach 4-4?

Do we have more momentum heading into Green Bay coming off a Dallas win instead of a Dallas loss?

Maybe so? Let’s go beat Dallas.

Still a bit frustrating to know in the back of your head that the Steelers (& Bengals) game should have been a victory, but beating an NFC team would be better as far a playoff chances.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last week was our chance to get to 4-4 after this week. I’m afraid this game won’t even be close. They’re due for one of their total meltdowns. I sure hope I’m wrong, but I’ve seen this happen several times in the past. Still going to watch and hope.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If we can give Stafford time to throw and protect him, we have a very real chance to beat Dallas.

I’m very curious to see what our RB room looks like this week. I thought it was odd to pick up Henderson, only to send him back down to the practice squad.
They know what he is.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would love a win here but really don't like this matchup. The problems we had with Pittsburgh up front were concerning, and Dallas is better. Doesn't mean the OL can't have a good game here though. But overall I'm ready for the worst.

Expecting 3-5 and electronic Ramsdom meltdown. Will be a lot of doom and gloom but as we discussed before the season the sched eases up after the bye with Seahawks (we play them well), Cards, Commodes, Saints, Giants, Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos all being winnable games. This is why I think somewhere around .500 maybe a bit better will be our final record even if things look pretty fucking grim before the bye. Just comes down to health for us.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Man a morgue is more exciting.

How's it there was more enthusiasm and any given Sunday in the Jeff Fisher days then there is now??

TexasRam

Legend
I would love a win here but really don't like this matchup. The problems we had with Pittsburgh up front were concerning, and Dallas is better. Doesn't mean the OL can't have a good game here though. But overall I'm ready for the worst.

Expecting 3-5 and electronic Ramsdom meltdown. Will be a lot of doom and gloom but as we discussed before the season the sched eases up after the bye with Seahawks (we play them well), Cards, Commodes, Saints, Giants, Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos all being winnable games. This is why I think somewhere around .500 maybe a bit better will be our final record even if things look pretty fucking grim before the bye. Just comes down to health for us.
We won’t be playing the AFC west unfortunately. We get the north with the Browns and Ravens Still up.

I see 4-5 more winnable games barring us majorly getting our shit together.

I would cal it a year if we lose to Dallas. But if we beat them and get to 4 wins I can see 5 more wins getting us our ticket.

NYCRam

Rookie
Something I just read about the Cowboys I did NOT realize, they currently have a 10-game Home winning streak...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Any given Sunday.

The Rams have been in every game and I don’t think this week will be sny different.

Do they get the bounces and calls going their way?

Can we get both Coop and Puka producing in the same game?

Will McVay stick with the running game and quit giving up on drives? Who is running the ball this week? Who is kicking?

A lot of things have to go right but that is no different than every other week. If the fucking Cards can beat Dallas, so can the Rams.