Get to know a rookie: Marcus Roberson/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Get to know a rookie: Marcus Roberson
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/9255/get-to-know-a-rookie-marcus-roberson

We’ve officially reached the closest thing to a dead period the NFL has to offer these days as organized team activities are over and training camp has not yet arrived.

That means vacation time for the players, coaches and, yes, reporters. In the meantime, let’s get to know some of the lesser-known additions to the Rams' roster: the rookie free agents.

Marcus Roberson

Position: Cornerback

College: University of Florida

Height: 6-0

Weight: 191 pounds

Stat to know: After earning playing time as a freshman, Roberson had his best season as a sophomore when he finished second in the Southeastern Conference in pass breakups with 12. He added a pair of interceptions and a forced fumble in what would be his best season. That was 2012, so it's been a little while since Roberson produced at that level. But he flashed enough promise to make him the type of prospect that intrigued many draft pundits after that season and into this year.

Road to the roster: A long and lean corner more known for his zone skills and work in off-coverage, Roberson may not be the ideal fit for what defensive coordinator Gregg Williams wants to do, but it should be noted that Williams has a history of making it work with players of all abilities. The Rams have room for a young corner to earn his way to the roster and Roberson could be that type of player after injuries and off-field issues pushed him from a potential Day 2 pick to undrafted rookie. Janoris Jenkins, Trumaine Johnson and Lamarcus Joyner are the only corners that appear to be locked in to roster spots. From there, the Rams will likely keep one or two more with Roberson having to overcome the likes of Brandon McGee, E.J. Gaines, Greg Reid and Darren Woodard to land a spot on the 53-man roster out of training camp.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not sure Roberson fits from a scheme standpoint, but I like the fact that he played in the best conference in college football even though I have to gulp when typing. Tough road as Nick astutely points out with the likes of McGee, Gaines & Reid.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I never thought he would make our team. Too much solid competition. He would be ideal for the practice squad. I like his size tho, all of our corners are relatively short aside from Trumaine.