Get ready for "All In 2.0"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
So admittedly the Rams went all in to win the SuperBowl in 2021. It worked but resulted in a big drop off in 2022 (some due to injuries, some due to lost personnel). I’m starting to alter my thinking on 2024 free agency. Rather than a couple big $$$ “splash” signings I’d like to see the Rams try to keep their OL in tact as much as possible and spread remaining $$$ on quality but reasonably priced FAs. So no $20m/yr Edge players. No $18m/yr LT. But improvement at Edge, CB, S, K(?).
Good post. I agree on keeping the offensive in tack. I do think they will have to spend money to get a high-level pass rusher to help AD. They are hard to find in the draft. They finally have a full draft coming in 2024.

Los Angeles Rams Draft Picks by Round in 2024

• Round 1
  • Round 2
  • Round 3
  • Round 4
  • Round 5
  • Round 6 (from DEN)
  • Round 6*
  • Round 6*
  • Round 7*
  • Round 7*
*Projected compensatory picks

The Rams will have a lot of options open Another excellent draft and a few other key acquisitions and they can make another run in 2024. It seems to get harder and harder to project two and more years out with injuries and aging key players.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good post. I agree on keeping the offensive in tack. I do think they will have to spend money to get a high-level pass rusher to help AD. They are hard to find in the draft. They finally have a full draft coming in 2024.

• Round 1
  • Round 2
  • Round 3
  • Round 4
  • Round 5
  • Round 6 (from DEN)
  • Round 6*
  • Round 6*
  • Round 7*
  • Round 7*

The Rams will have a lot of options open Another excellent draft and a few other key acquisitions and they can make another run in 2024. It seems to get harder and harder to project two and more years out with injuries and aging key players.
I think there's a good chance they trade back a couple of times.. but.. BUT.. if an absolute beast LT is there when they pick.. I could see it happening.
The only other position I would support going that high with would be a corner.

Also.. I don't think that's right. I don't believe they have their 4th.. that went out in the Dotson trade.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
As I recall, the Rams traded a 2024 4th and a 2025 5th for Dotson, plus the Steelers' 2024 5th and 2025 6th.

I don't see the Steelers' 2024 Fifth Round draft choice reflected above.

Am I hallucinating again ... Damn It!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

• Round 1
  • Round 2
  • Round 3
  • Round 4
  • Round 5
  • Round 6 (from DEN)
  • Round 6*
  • Round 6*
  • Round 7*
  • Round 7*

Looking more like 3 if not 4 of the comp picks will be 6th now.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
As long as we do not trade any picks and keep our core vets, even if they are getting old.
I am in.
Youth will energize Sean and help him stay with the Rams, FOREVER.
As mad as I got at him when he passed the ball 3 times in a row on the opening drive on first and goal from the 5 and did not cash in................................................................he is the best coach we ever had.

TexasRam

Legend
What about F-them picks 2.0?

Will Mcsneady consider moving 2024-2025 premium picks for a few elite established players on Teams that want to rebuild and get younger?

We have the Cap space and some of these top Free agents may re-sign with their current teams.

You really need to go all in with Kupp, Stafford and Donald Windows closing.

Time to dust off those F-them picks shirts. LOL.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What about F-them picks 2.0?

Will Mcsneady consider moving 2024-2025 premium picks for a few elite established players on Teams that want to rebuild and get younger?

We have the Cap space and some of these top Free agents may re-sign with their current teams.

You really need to go all in with Kupp, Stafford and Donald Windows closing.

Time to dust off those F-them picks shirts. LOL.
I don’t know.
I feel like they don’t want to go that route.. otherwise Chase Young or Montez Sweat could easily be Rams right now.
I feel like they want to build a base with picks and are hoping FA will bring opportunity to go after difference makers this offseason.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
  • Round 1
  • Round 2
  • Round 3
  • Round 4
  • Round 5
  • Round 6 (from DEN)
  • Round 6*
  • Round 6*
  • Round 7*
  • Round 7*
I don't think they have the picks right

I have
4 Traded choice to Steelers for Kevin Dotson
5 (Choice from Steelers for Kevin Dotson)
6 Traded choice to Buffalo for #215 in 2023 that we got Zach Evans)
6 (Choice from Broncos for Kenny Young)
7 Traded Choice to Denver in Kenny Young deal

Kenny Young trade was swap of choices, as was Dotson
so no 4th but an extra 5th and no 7th but and extra 6th

then the comps -- which they are probably right on
maybe Rams will get a pair of 6s and pair of 7s

but agree, finally having a #1 is a big deal.

Ram65

Legend
I don't think they have the picks right

I have
4 Traded choice to Steelers for Kevin Dotson
5 (Choice from Steelers for Kevin Dotson)
6 Traded choice to Buffalo for #215 in 2023 that we got Zach Evans)
6 (Choice from Broncos for Kenny Young)
7 Traded Choice to Denver in Kenny Young deal

Kenny Young trade was swap of choices, as was Dotson
so no 4th but an extra 5th and no 7th but and extra 6th

then the comps -- which they are probably right on
maybe Rams will get a pair of 6s and pair of 7s

but agree, finally having a #1 is a big deal.
That's the last time I post the Rams upcoming draft picks! Thanks trader Les!

Thanks for the update.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
That's the last time I post the Rams upcoming draft picks! Thanks trader Les!

Thanks for the update.
not your fault that was just an author who hadn't gotten the latest Dotson trade detail

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Just thinking about the "all-in" concept for *this* offseason when it comes to bringing in some top-end FA talent..

One significant reason to go big with FA this offseason is to reset your compensation picks. Do it once.. go big.. and have a clean slate to take in comp picks in coming seasons because you won't be signing FAs, hopefully.

What that means is you'll keep your picks, instead of trading them for premium players, at least for this offseason.. and it gives you the flexibility to make a big trade down the road without gutting your draft capital.

If you draft well.. you get into that cycle where, yes, you'll lose FAs.. but you'll be getting back comp picks to try and re-set or save value.

If you spend big on Edge and maybe even a corner.. you've (hopefully) addressed your premium positions for a couple of seasons. You fill in with draft picks at that point.

Just stream of consciousness stuff about this coming offseason.

I'm excited.. the offense is fixed and they have resources to keep it all together and maybe even add depth on the line, at RB and WR.

Gotta throw premium picks and money at that defense, though.