Get ready for "All In 2.0"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Guys..
I'm telling you, this coming offseason is going to be a wild one for the Rams.

This year was the salary cap, coaching staff.. and, most importantly, Sean Mcvay reset.

They have their new model set.. they can open up a ridiculous amount of money this offseason.. AND they have all of their draft picks, essentially.

There will not be a "slow build".. that's not realistic. You can't count on landing a QB like Stafford easily.. and he's very much a QB you can win another Super Bowl with.

This is LOS ANGELES... and Kroenke is all about big and bold. Look at the Lakers. Look at the Dodgers. Look at what the Rams did to win the Super Bowl.

Count on it.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I would get the best LT we can in the draft or free agency. Keep Stafford upright in his last season possibly. And if Donald is still playing, we could make a good run at the big one again. We have to nail the next draft too, but it's possible.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I'm telling you, this coming offseason is going to be a wild one for the Rams.
Said this elsewhere...the target was always 2024. In no way was 2023 a tank job. That was simply false. It was bite the bullet. Paying the bill for going all-in before and facing massive injuries on OL. The "re" word of your choice is what this yar was. Take $$ hits, get a couple extra choices. They hoped to hit on 2023 draft picks (did) and will be rich next year.

Stafford has small window left. And 2024-2025 is probably it.

Agree---Rams will spend big.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Said this elsewhere...the target was always 2024. In no way was 2023 a tank job. That was simply false. It was bite the bullet. Paying the bill for going all-in before and facing massive injuries on OL. The "re" word of your choice is what this yar was. Take $$ hits, get a couple extra choices. They hoped to hit on 2023 draft picks (did) and will be rich next year.

Ya think he doesn't hang on to make a run, for the LA Superbowl game in '27 ?? :thinking:

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Ya think he doesn't hang on to make a run, for the LA Superbowl game in '27 ?? :thinking:
No idea...just thinking how much he gets hurt ... I mean sure--if he's healthy
and productive ... but I just threw those years out, maybe the window is wider
than I initially though... who knows?

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
...who knows?
Yeah - just thinking that Kurt #13 was almost 40 his last year with Arizona and had a QB rating in the low 90's... I guess it is possible - and certainly, being healthy would have a lot to do with it.

Go Rams!

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Yeah - just thinking that Kurt #13 was almost 40 his last year with Arizona and had a QB rating in the low 90's... I guess it is possible - and certainly, being healthy would have a lot to do with it.

Go Rams!
Could be. We can hope. I'd hope we get a QB in draft soon, though. Somone to get ready, in case.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I see 26.. MAYBE 27 as the next "reckoning" year when it comes to the cap.. but they'll be in a position to re-sign this incredible draft class.. hopefully have another two great classes behind it.. and then go out and use your draft picks to get another QB and start the next era.
But.. I'm only betting on McVay for this year and two more. At least for now.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I'm only betting on McVay for this year and two more. At least for now.
I didn't even think about that in my response. But sure, that is something
that could happen.

Bottom line is I have no idea what the future brings. I do agree that
Rams plan is to have a great team in 2024 on (signing big-time FAs).. that 2023 is a "re" year
and 2022 was an unplanned disaster that moved the reload up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah it's an interesting thought process to try to figure out what they're going to do. Been kicking this around myself, sorting through the free agents and watching games of the big teams and trying to get a good feel for the projected first and second round prospects. And then looking at the roster and all that I think there's a couple different ways they can go here...

1. Load the roster around Stafford. This includes draft picks up top that are positions who translate immediately. That would be skill guys mainly, and in our needs specifically Edge (plus rusher types only), Corner (outside hash speed), and Wideout (X projection with juice). One FA and first two picks would probably attempt to knock out those three biggest skill needs. OL would be a combo of FA and rounds 3+ for depth, you can't allow the OL to slide in this approach and/or count on rookies.

2. Futures build. This doesn't give up on the season or anything but it's not highly focused on loading it around Stafford but rather finding his replacement in a good draft to do that and taking a shot on a LT. Could present as anything from moving up for a QB to moving down for a QB or just for more picks. I would expect the Rams to be more likely to move down if they go this route, and accrue more draft capital and maybe take one of those second tier QBs. If they go that route it will likely have a QB/OT in some combo round 1 or 2 I would think.

I prefer option one for the record. But what I wonder is to what extent we could follow 2 and still compete, and whether we could do that and still be a top contender. Because I really want to see this team have another deep playoff run before Stafford hangs 'em up.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would get the best LT we can in the draft or free agency. Keep Stafford upright in his last season possibly. And if Donald is still playing, we could make a good run at the big one again. We have to nail the next draft too, but it's possible.
Trent Brown might be the one to take a look at. And he's not gonna break the bank.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I'm looking forward to the Rams going all-in in 2024.

I'm also looking forward to saying "I told you so" to those who think the Rams will try to draft Stafford's replacemt next year. It just doesn't make sense. I'm surprised so many see it as a possibility.

MS has stated repeatedly that he has no plans to retire anytime soon. The Rams will do everything they can to surround MS and CK and AD with as much talent as possible.

For a backup QB, Rams will either re-sign Wentz or another reasonably priced vet, or spend a mid-round pick. But there's no way on earth that the Rams squander their Super Bowl window and waste a premium pick by prematurely drafting a replacement for MS.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I'm also looking forward to saying "I told you so" to those who think the Rams will try to draft Stafford's replacemt next year. It just doesn't make sense. I'm surprised so many see it as a possibility.
We already drafted him: Stetson Bennet

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On record saying I don't think they'll draft the QBotF this year :) Also doubt they go all in. That was kind of a multi year process trading a lot of picks away for vets so the all in 2.0 wouldn't be just a one year deal. Just my 2 pesos.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know that they were thinking all in in 2021. Things fell into place and they had a chance to round out a Superbowl roster a couple years ago.