Gerald Everett shoulder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Still concerned and hope he gets right in a week. We're basically two deep at TE. We just need to hope we don't see a vet TE brought in, as IMO that will be an indication things might be more of a concern than they're lettin on.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Don't worry, if you're anything like me you'll get use to it... Frequently!
I actually tried to get in touch with my feminine side.

The problem was I was touching it too often and things started getting a little weird.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
No silly, that's spelunking.
Correct.
And before the doctor spelunks, he drops a rock in there to see if he can gauge the depth.

Followed by yelling, "HELLO", and seeing how many times your echo returns to you.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I actually tried to get in touch with my feminine side.

The problem was I was touching it too often and things started getting a little weird.

Try to be right all the time. That would be a good start. :p

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
First page. Just a shoulder strain.

Separating Sprains from Strains
The terms “sprain” and “strain” are often used interchangeably, but they actually refer to two different injuries. A strain refers to a stretching or tearing of a tendon or muscle, while a sprain is a stretching or tearing of a ligament. Most shoulder injuries are sprains.

The shoulder consists of four joints that connect the scapula, acromion, clavicle, and sternum. Any one of these can be sprained, resulting in severe pain and a limited range of motion. The most commonly sprained joint in the shoulder is the acromioclavicular (AC) joint, which can be injured if the ligaments that hold the collarbone to the shoulder blade are stretched, ruptured, or separated. This type of sprain is often referred to as an AC sprain or a separated shoulder.

Classification
AC sprains are typically evaluated according to the Rockwood scale, which classifies the injury on a scale of 1 to 6 based on the extent of the damage. Most sprains fall into one of the first three grades: grade 1 sprains are defined by minor damage to the ligament with no separation of bones. A grade 2 separation refers to a rupture of the AC ligament, while a grade 3 separation refers to ruptures of both the AC and the nearby coracoclavicular ligaments.

Grade 3 separations are often confused with dislocated shoulders, since they can result in a visible upward displacement of the collarbone. The much rarer grade 4, 5, and 6 separations are more severe versions of a grade 3 separation.

Recovery
If you’re an athlete who’s recently sprained a shoulder, you’re probably wondering: how long will it be before I can go back to my sport? The short answer: recovery time for a shoulder sprain varies according to the severity of the injury, with more serious sprains requiring more time to heal.

Grade 1 sprains, for example, typically begin to heal within one to two weeks, with most patients resuming normal activity shortly thereafter. Grade 2 sprains generally take at least four weeks to heal, while grade 3 sprains can take as long as six to eight weeks to heal fully. If the sprain requires surgery, you may need as long as several months to fully recover.

Recovery times can be accelerated with some simple lifestyle changes and a proactive treatment plan. You should regularly rest, ice, and compress the affected shoulder until pain and swelling subside. Anti-inflammatory medications and placing the arm in a sling can also ensure a quicker recovery. Then, we recommend that you begin a physical therapy program designed to restore the shoulder’s range of motion and rebuild the surrounding muscles.

Since athletes are much more likely to re-injure their shoulder, they often require more time to ensure a proper recovery. In addition, any patients with jobs that requires heavy lifting may have a longer recovery timeline, since their injuries are often caused by repeated stress to the shoulder. Take your personal circumstances into account when planning for recovery, and most importantly, don’t rush the process: give yourself all the time you’ll need to feel 100%.
https://www.nyboneandjoint.com/blog/how-long-does-it-take-for-a-sprained-shoulder-to-heal

giphy.gif

shutterstock122298685.jpg

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mcvay said it could be a labrum but said that ultimately he wasn't sure

Isn't that what I said in my OP?? Potentially a labrum tear...

I was a pitcher and tore my labrum so for those of you that dont know, the larbum is cartilage in the shoulder socket and when you injure it, that means you have either a slat tear or bankart tear. Thats what a labrum injruy is. So the fact that McVay said labrum, means to infer a tear.

Don't know why I'm catching shit over this. I love Gerald and don't want him to be hurt, was just passing along what I heard.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Shoulder injuries can linger , happy it's nothing serious.

This team needs production from the tight end group, it would complete this high power offense

I see a big year for Everett, he has all the skills but needs all the reps he can get

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't that what I said in my OP?? Potentially a labrum tear...

I was a pitcher and tore my labrum so for those of you that dont know, the larbum is cartilage in the shoulder socket and when you injure it, that means you have either a slat tear or bankart tear. Thats what a labrum injruy is. So the fact that McVay said labrum, means to infer a tear.

Don't know why I'm catching crap over this. I love Gerald and don't want him to be hurt, was just passing along what I heard.
Can't you bruise a labrum or strain it? I'm legitimately asking

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Isn't that what I said in my OP??

Don't know why I'm catching crap over this.
We ration out a lot of shit around here man.
We still love you as much as ever.

Maybe even more if that were possible.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Whats the difference from a contusion and a bruise?... I like how medical terms seem more serious then what it really is...

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can't you bruise a labrum or strain it? I'm legitimately asking

Cant say with 100% certainty but I've never heard of it. Its cartilage covering the bone, not a muscle or ligament.

Regardless lets just pray this dude is healthy and this doesn't linger because I'm hoping Gerald seizes the starting job this year!!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cant say with 100% certainty but I've never heard of it. Its cartilage covering the bone, not a muscle or ligament.

Regardless lets just pray this dude is healthy and this doesn't linger because I'm hoping Gerald seizes the starting job this year!!
Cheers to that!

Ram65

Legend
Hope he is back soon. Report is very good news. He could take longer so I hope they keep us updated.