GDT - Rams at Viqueens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I think I've said before tackles as a judge of how somebody did is straight shit for a stat. Correct he didn't have a sack. But he broke up a couple run plays allowing for 3rd down stops and provided pressure multiple times to put Cousins off his game. If you want a stat box game yes he wasn't good. If you watch him affect the game he was good today.
True I just expected a lot more of him because of other guys we have signed like Quinn,Fowler,Floyd have all excelled because of all the focus on Donald

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
He made a couple nice plays today.

I agree @OldSchool some just want sacks andorr sacks but he just isnt about sacks he makes a lot of plays he provides pressures yes but he is excellent on containment and it's not a coincidence that our run defense looks a lot better he tackles and he is very good in the run game. He isn't a one trick pony. That's my assessment of him so far. My guess is he will only get more acclimated and hopefully ascend.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'd almost rather see Rochelle in coverage than Darius Williams at this point. THANK GOD we didn't sign him to a big deal.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True I just expected a lot more of him because of others guys we have signed like Quinn,Fowler,Floyd have all excelled because of all the focus on Donald
We only had 3 sacks today Gaines AD and a team sack. Sacks are great we all like them but there are other ways to be disruptive. If you want to know how he played ask AD or hope one of the reporters asks him how Miller played. I remember 2 running plays Von broke up a run and forced a punt. He ended 2 drives that's a good day in any book.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree @OldSchool some just want sacks andorr sacks but he just isnt about sacks he makes a lot of plays he provides pressures yes but he is excellent on containment and it's not a coincidence that our run defense looks a lot better he tackles and he is very good in the run game. He isn't a one trick pony. That's my assessment of him so far. My guess is he will only get more acclimated and hopefully ascend.
I thought Floyd was good last year in the run game from the Edge but Von's taken it to another level.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Miller almost made a play
LouivilleRam,

Yeah, I've not been too impressed with V. Miller's play. Seems to me he's running at about 3/4 speed or something. I don't know if that is by design as he's supposed to keep the edge or whatnot, but he sure doesn't show much burst or quicks from what I'm seeing.
I've seen him try a few spin moves but they haven't done much either. Heck, even the one sack he's had so far was a coverage sack more than anything else.
I keep hoping for this guy to have a breakout game but I'm starting to lose faith that that's gonna happen.

At this point I would like to see more of T. Lewis to see what he could do.

~ArkyRamsFan~

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I thought Floyd was good last year in the run game from the Edge but Von's taken it to another level.

In the playoffs running game and pass rushing travel well if we can shore up the secondary a bit and maybe some of our play calling on defense and offense honestly..... this team if healthy should and could be a problem.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
We only had 3 sacks today Gaines AD and a team sack. Sacks are great we all like them but there are other ways to be disruptive. If you want to know how he played ask AD or hope one of the reporters asks him how Miller played. I remember 2 running plays Von broke up a run and forced a punt. He ended 2 drives that's a good day in any book.
Of course they are going to say he played good even if he didn't, rehearsed answers for reporters. He did do a good job of holding the edge against Kyler and not getting too far upfield but his pass rush ability has been non existent.

Last edited:

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
one of the best defensive performances…not agreeing with some Miller assessments

JYB

Starter
I turned the game on just to see Stafford throw a pick right out of half.

Perfect.
I turned on the game in the middle of Stafford's bonehead throw to Barr.

But I suppose when you're throwing picks all game long, you're bound to tune in at a time that he's throwing one.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
My super edited thoughts
1 Defense has come a long way and is in no way a liability but now a strength.
2 Offense has shown a lot of versatility from personnel to philosophical approach.
3 Special teams are moving the meter.

Strange couple of weeks and we have prevailed 2 - 0 that is perseverance.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I completely agree, give it time and the numbers will pick up too. He doesn't get mentioned because he is doing his job and not making mistakes. VM is such a great player in the passing D easy to forget he is equally special against the run. Complete player that should really be in full stride come the playoffs

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I completely agree, give it time and the numbers will pick up too. He doesn't get mentioned because he is doing his job and not making mistakes. VM is such a great player in the passing D easy to forget he is equally special against the run. Complete player that should really be in full stride come the playoffs
Rams are top 5 in sacks pending later games.. getting pressure and not having to blitz as much.

Tano

Legend
Feeling the pressure of throwing three picks and is short-arming the ball, afraid to pull the trigger.
I know he got hit right after he threw the one interception trying to hit Jefferson deep but that was at least 10 yards short and I don't think that hit affected that throw that much.

I could be wrong though.

Can anyone else confirm that the hit made Stafford throw it 10 yards short?

JYB

Starter
I know he got hit right after he threw the one interception trying to hit Jefferson deep but that was at least 10 yards short and I don't think that hit affected that throw that much.

I could be wrong though.

Can anyone else confirm that the hit made Stafford throw it 10 yards short?
Looked to me like he just threw it WAY too late and didn't get enough on it.