GDT: Rams at Colts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It means absolutely nothing now, but it sure looked like the refs missed a delay of game on the Colts TD pass in the 3rd qtr.
It was a 3rd & goal play.

I saw 0:00 when the ball was snapped.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Angry Ram,
Welcome to Sunday Ticket!!! I've had it for years and couldn't watch NFL football without it. My favorite trick is to put the Ram game on and have the Red Zone as my other channel on my remote. That way I can click back and forth (especially on boring commercials) and still not miss any of the action.

Heck, just got done watching Tennessee beat the SeaChickens in OT in an incredible finish. Now we are already a game up on the Sea Hags in week 2.
Hope you enjoy your new toy. I know I do!

~ArkyRamsFan~

I only bought the standard version w/o Redzone. But yeah I loved it otherwise. Commercial or half? Switch to a different game. Wondering how my fantasy guys are doing, yup I can watch them. Being able to go constant 10 hrs of football today? Hell yeah. Worth every penny.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Another example today of why Wentz has the reputation of not winning the respect of his teammates. Game winning drive situation and he’s on the sideline because he’s not “feeling right”. This guy just doesn’t get it. Suck it up and at least try to give it a go instead of leaving it up to a guy who never threw an NFL pass before.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
It means absolutely nothing now, but it sure looked like the refs missed a delay of game on the Colts TD pass in the 3rd qtr.

I didn’t know this until one of the refs working for one of the networks said it a few years ago, but apparently when the clock hits zero, they do a 1 count in their head and then throw the flag. They are taught not to blow the whistle for delay the millisecond the play clock hits zero. They watch it hit zero and basically say “one Mississippi” and then throw the flag

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn’t know this until one of the refs working for one of the networks said it a few years ago, but apparently when the clock hits zero, they do a 1 count in their head and then throw the flag. They are taught not to blow the whistle for delay the millisecond the play clock hits zero. They watch it hit zero and basically say “one Mississippi” and then throw the flag
My understanding is that you get an extra tick because the ref is watching the clock and then looks down when it hits zero to see if the ball was snapped.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Life is better without watching commercials. The only time i'm subjected to it is when watching football. Advertising/marketing directives are also so much more transparent when you don't watch them on a regular basis. I have ALOT to say about it but i'd have to delete and lock my own thread, lol.
With you Bro

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz seemed very careless with the ball…lots of underhanded and sidearm stuff while falling to avoid sacks…The AD syndrome.

oldnotdead

Legend
There is the old adage that good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. I've seen that too many times as a former Charger fan. I laughed watching the Chargers play the Boys at SoFi. It was like the Chargers were in Dallas. Every game for those poor guys is an away game as it means more fans in attendance means more fans against the Chargers.

The Rams won ugly, but they won. The true test for Morris will be how he plays Brady. Win that game with a strong defensive showing and I may not be a believer but I will accept his scheme as valid not dated. I simply think more pre-snap disguise and more run defense earlier is needed.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There is the old adage that good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. I've seen that too many times as a former Charger fan. I laughed watching the Chargers play the Boys at SoFi. It was like the Chargers were in Dallas. Every game for those poor guys is an away game as it means more fans in attendance means more fans against the Chargers.

The Rams won ugly, but they won. The true test for Morris will be how he plays Brady. Win that game with a strong defensive showing and I may not be a believer but I will accept his scheme as valid not dated. I simply think more pre-snap disguise and more run defense earlier is needed.
Maybe you will come to the realization that Rob Havenstien is such a solid RT for The Rams. It was your guy Staley who got his first loss with the Chargers to keep to your Old Tradition.
Solid post,but some things never get Old.Funny,but yeah I don’t know the Chargers fate at SOFI.Tickets are like 1/2 price to be a NFL/Chargers Fan.Hard call on NFL fan bases,but will Vegas experience more of the same if not worse as time goes by ?
The Rams Franchise is in such a Great space right now.McSnead has created a Excellent structure.He adding pillars all the time still.
Another example of finding a right fit from a player with an excellent track record of bringing a winning attitude is Sony Michel. Then to think about RAMsey then Floyd & now Matthew Stafford. I remember Steve Spags & Billy D” always talking about it,but never adding it.
Brockers is a Great example of a home grown Pillar who CHANGED The Rams locker room for good.Aaron Donald learned from it & now a guy who brings it is A” Robinson.Then you add those 3 DT rookies SJD69.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I won’t get down on Raheem Morris because of what he has been preaching.Reeder working hard finding that golden egg.RAMsey the same.
If Oldnot dead has doubts,last season Fuller got 2 picks.Tampa Bay was not the same team either when it came to there offense.Should be a Fun Game. Might actually have to find my way to the Game. Have never seen The GOAT.George Burns to Ray Charles & Joan Rivers.Red Fox,Frank & Sammy were a few I was disappointed I never saw. Seeing Marrino,Landry.Roger,Joe,Broday,
Namath,Foutes,Fran,Kenny,Blanda helps you know how far you can take generations back.& still keep it present with longevity.
Shula & Phillips help continue some great coaching traditions.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
It's the equivalent of preseason week 3 for these guys. There's no need to hit the panic button. They've allowed 14 and 17 points, made five 4th down stops, a dozen 3rd down stops and had 4 takeaways. Big plays at big times. They're 17 and 10 on money downs. Wait till they start scoring points themselves!!!! And in the meantime, the offense will get better!!

JYB

Starter
We played two of the NFL's lesser offenses. And they moved the ball up and down the field on us all day. That's concerning.
We had the #1 D in the league last year using the Fangio scheme, and what does McVay do? Hires a guy who specializes in Cover 2. Might be premature to say, but hiring Morris was McVay's biggest mistake since he's been here.

JYB

Starter
I feel ya it doesn’t look pretty but we need to focus on results. The sustained drives are not resulting in a high return of points and that’s what matters
Bears punted once the entire game. This defense will not stop Brady the entire game. Bucs will score 40 next week against this garbage scheme.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's the equivalent of preseason week 3 for these guys. There's no need to hit the panic button. They've allowed 14 and 17 points, made five 4th down stops, a dozen 3rd down stops and had 4 takeaways. Big plays at big times. They're 17 and 10 on money downs. Wait till they start scoring points themselves!!!! And in the meantime, the offense will get better!!
It would be easier for me to trust the process if Morris had been making great halftime adjustments like Staley. Thus far, it has felt like our second half performances really weren't any different from the first.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bears punted once the entire game. This defense will not stop Brady the entire game. Bucs will score 40 next week against this garbage scheme.
I guess we’ll see won’t we. I’d take that wager that they don’t though

oldnotdead

Legend
Well, at least they won. Hopefully, it will be a learning experience for both players and coaches. This smells of complacency by both. Learn from it and move on. Knowing how easily things can go sideways if you get sloppy. Coaches and team leaders need to step up and refocus upon the game.

oldnotdead

Legend
I've never understood the concept of bend not break. Bending too far is breaking. Conceding points is breaking. Allowing the opponents to control the clock is breaking.

Let's hope McVay sets things right with Morris. His kindergarten scheme isn't working.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
They've allowed 14 and 17 points, made five 4th down stops, a dozen 3rd down stops and had 4 takeaways. Big plays at big times. They're 17 and 10 on money downs.

I think the defense has been pretty good. You've highlighted the high points.

It's the NFL of 2021... gone are the days of low scoring games. The game is designed to be an offensive game... it's hard to play defense.

14 and 17 points? That's pretty damn good.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Some crews: the millisecond the clock hits :00, flag.

Other crews: there's a beat between :00 and it's closer to waiting for what would have been -:01 before throwing the flag.

Depends on the crew.