GAME DAY GDT - Eagles at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sunday October 08, 2023

Game Day Thread

The GDT is a live thread tradition here at ROD.

While we all get fired up watching the game, please remember our core principles;we always show respect for our team and each other.

Despite the emotional highs and lows watching a game, we will moderate this thread with that in mind, however please refrain from name calling. This applies to players, the Rams organization, and others.

This is the core rule of the GDT. Moderators are tasked to issue thread bans, at a minimum, to maintain this standard.

This is our team. Win or lose. Good days and bad. We are here for FUN, not to be dragged down.

A more loosely moderated atmosphere can be found in the chat room.

Go Rams!

———

ROD Chat Room;

Game Day Room

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

JB Long’s Game Preview:​

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
tenor.gif

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm feeling good about this game...BUT...in the back of my mind is a big flop if:

- If the O'Line is NOT up to protecting Stafford. Not much talk about the hip (there may be no issue), but if he's under a lot of pressure, he can have issues throwing. Stafford is also running more than ever. He cannot take a big hit. (We saw the effect of that against the Bengals) any QB getting constantly hit starts to have accuracy issues. Almost all the pregame talk is the Rams O'Line ain't that good...that has to be because of the Bengals game though. Obviously the Eagles have studied that. How healthy Jackson is will be huge with Boom out.

- If the D'Line cannot stop the run and we know Hurts is an RPO QB, it will allow the Eagles more time on offense, eating clock. The 1st goal of the Eagles will be to keep Stafford on the sidelnes. They know they have secondary issues so they want to control the game by running.

- The Ram secondary. They must tackle well after the catch...for Kendrick, we've seen him be vulnerable to the double move...he'll have AJ Brown most of the game and the Eagles know that. Durant will allow receivers to get behind him sometimes because he looking at the QB. They have to be on their game!!!

- McVay ...He cannot outsmart himself! He can be stubborn about adjusting his game plan if it's not working (like in the Bengals game). He has to be willing to scrap his plan if it's not working.

I believe if the Rams can get up on the Eagle quick like 10-0 or 14 -0 this is their game. Don't have any TOs...that's how the 9er's game got away!

I'm calling a Rams win 30-20!!!

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Hampton inactive as well as Thomas. Looks like they like Mathis this week.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
So glad AJax is playing, would love for Rams to target a LT in the next draft in the first cpl rounds.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
So glad AJax is playing, would love for Rams to target a LT in the next draft in the first cpl rounds.
I’m thinking it’s the only choice but it ALWAYS scares the hell out of me. You have to nail the pick!

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I’m thinking it’s the only choice but it ALWAYS scares the hell out of me. You have to nail the pick!

I agree but the even scarier part is AJax and Note taking turns missing games. Our offense is SHIT without decent LT play.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Saw a video with Pat McAfee and some other guys. Him and some guy he calls AJ are picking the Rams. Not sure if its with the points or outright. But he said the Rams are good enough to beat them.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If AJ holds up at left tackle I think we can put up points. Not sure how much rust Kupp will be dealing with. Or Stafford's normally good rapport with him on the field.

I have confidence in Stafford's experience reading defenses. Finding who is open between Puka and Kupp. Question is, Stafford being the gunslinger he is, will he opt for the deeper guy when they're both open?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Going to be a good game. Should be able to keep the Eagles uncomfortable.