GDT: Cowboys at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
And now, the only good thing about the cowgirls...

images

upload_2017-8-12_9-10-39.jpeg

images

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Will be tailgating in Lot 4 ready for some FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!

Ram65

Legend
Rams vs Cowboys
NFL Preseason
Today, 9:00 PM on NFLN
L. A. Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, California
upload_2017-8-12_11-33-9.png

Dallas Cowboys @ Los Angeles Rams
upload_2017-8-12_11-33-9.png

All times are in Eastern Time

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Make sure you have the roster on your phone up sorted by number or laptop so you can identify each and every player making a play...Looking for the first team offense putting together a drive with a touchdown and then call it a night as to the defense I'm hoping to see some the young CB's making plays in order for me to feel good about the depth at that position.
C'mon Coach, who do you think I am? I'm just the Butterbean in front of his TV hoping to get to the right channel on time!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I have to admit, I'm fired up for all 4 quarters of this game. I won't miss a snap no matter how sloppy the game gets with the reserve players on the field.

I'm glad Watkins is sitting this game out after looking very healthy vs the Vikings in preseason. Hoping Watkins lands in LA on time to watch some of the game.

"Welcome Aboard" Sammy Watkins. :yess:

May you stay healthy and retire a Ram...

June 8, 2017:
Watkins showed no sign of a limp during practice. And though he didn't take part in team drills, Watkins occasionally peeked his head into the huddle to learn what play was being called.

Watkins hasn't made himself available to reporters this offseason, and isn't expected to address the media until camp.

He's been sidelined since January when Watkins had surgery on the same foot for the second time in nine months.

Buffalo's 2014 first-round draft pick missed most of last year's offseason practices after having two screws surgically inserted into his foot to repair a stress fracture discovered during a routine physical.

Watkins played the first two games of last season before aggravating the injury when a teammate stepped on his foot during practice.

Injury concerns led to the Bills electing to not pick up the fifth-year option on Watkins' contract last month, leaving his future in Buffalo uncertain beyond this season.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-step-recovering-from-foot-surgery/102627022/

It’s unknown whether the second surgery involved removing or replacing the metal hardware placed during his first procedure in May 2015.

If the hardware placed during the first surgical procedure (intramedullary screw fixation) was removed but not replaced, healing time would likely vary compared to a procedure that involved replacing the metal screw with another piece of hardware.

Watkins suffered from severe chronic pain at the surgical site (fifth metatarsal) and ended up being placed on injured reserve for eight weeks last season because the pain in his surgically repaired foot was intolerable.

Metal hardware placed in the foot can cause lingering problems under normal conditions, but is even riskier for professional athletes, especially for NFL wide receivers.

The amount of torque and pounding on the foot of can complicate the healing process and cause significant pain, which is exactly what happened to Watkins.

Cold weather is also known to aggravate pain and aching with metal hardware placed in the foot or elsewhere in the body. http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/...kins-undergoes-second-surgery-on-broken-foot/

Dez Bryant and Julio Jones both needed second surgeries, as well, when they suffered similar injuries. https://www.buffalorumblings.com/20...ry-second-surgery-recovery-time-training-camp

5thmetatarsal.gif

dallas-center.jpg
Great information. Very informative.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
My biggest concern: Will the Rams O pick up the blitz? In TC, the TE's and RB's sucked big time picking up and blocking the blitz'. Harkey was the only guy reliable in blitz pick up.

Rams O needs to keep Goff clean. I expect the Pokes to blitz early and often.

They didnt do well in the 1on1s, but that is a bit different than being there to pick up a blitzer that made it past the OL. And as long as Goff reads it and hits his target that sits where the blitz came from as he did yesterday in the walk through teams will have to blitz with caution.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I already have set my DVR for a copy of it!
Always a good idea for preseason. It's impossible to watch everybody and everything going on when there are so many players to watch (especially when you have to keep looking up uniform #s!)

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Dave, Sam needs a lot of work to fine tune his blocking and recognizing where the blitz is coming from. (sadly, they all do)

Rams O is behind in this area of their game.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2am my time I'm at a family shindig tonight so waking up with a hangover at say 8am .. breakfast watching the Rams early?...sounds like a plan

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Dave, Sam needs a lot of work to fine tune his blocking and recognizing where the blitz is coming from. (sadly, they all do)

True bubba, however, it's not Molecular Genetics, see the guy coming free towards your Quarterback...Block him!
5918728a3906e.image.jpg

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

Rams O is behind in this area of their game.

Sam doesnt necessarily need to stand up the blitzer, he can just knock him off course or step to the flat and give Goff an open target to dump it off to.
I think McVays O has answers for free blitzers, as long as Goff reads it right he will have a free man to dump it off to. They did a few different variations of burning the blitz yesterday, it was only a walk through but I think it showed just 1 of the answers Goff was saying this O scheme has. That sorry excuse of an O the Rams ran last year seemed to be predicated on running the play called with no real concern for what the D was doing, Ds saw this and said ok, if you think you can just do what you want regardless of what the D does we will just blow up your OL and see how you react. Boras didnt have an answer for anything the D presented. McVay's O is like Martz's O, as far as the routes or run are dictated by what the D does.
I'm not sure Boras even knew what a hot route is or when to use them, I may be a little rough on him but I call it like I see it lol.

Tonight will shed some light on what our guys can do with a competent O system.

Ram65

Legend
I'll be interested on offense

1. Starting Formations/Others
Wonder what the Rams will come out in. Will it be 12 or 11?
Will Hemingway see action before Everett?

Can WR- Woods, Kupp and Cooper in 3 WR sets make plays?

Will TEs lineup outside?

2.Personnel
The TE/FB usage will be interesting to see.

How they all block and blitz pickup @bubbaramfan?

Harkey vs Rogers?

Hav and Brown. Who's where?

3. O Line Depth-
Who are the next men up?

Defense-Great to watch the starters but it's mostly about the backups except Westbrooks and LTP filling in as starters .

1. Depth
Backups Who's next up on the front seven and beyond after the starters?

2. Schemes and Execution
Can the they fill the run gaps?

Can the get pressure?

Just listen to McVay say No Quinn, Barron and ? for Webster. Guess I get a faster look at the depth.
http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/LAR

Last edited: