GB 22, NE 11. Interesting score

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
So both GB and NE decided on two point conversions last night. I don't remember who made what or who missed getting the extra 2 points but the quarterly scores and the final score is a bit unusual.

So how is this new rule of going for 1 point from the 15 yard line going to affect the game? This is an example. I think this will have an impact on the Vegas lines such as the over/under, once they see who is going for 2 more often than not.

Let's move forward to the 50th Super Bowl. Remember all those office pools? You know, pick a square and then find out what points you have for each quarter, half and final score? All of a sudden, 2 and 1 become potential winners when in the past we all would say "Heck, I need a touch down, one point conversion, a field goal and a safety to get my 2!" and now a touchdown with a two point conversion and field goal gets me my 1 point. Of course you could have had that last scenario at any time but the new rule makes it a little more likely teams will go for two after a TD.

I'm just thinking Vegas is going to have to adjust on the fly this year since there is no statistical data to gather based on the new rule for extra points.

Can't wait to get my office pool going. COME ON 2!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we'll see a lot of this from teams that don't have a kicker battle going on. They're going to be testing concepts on offense to see what works with which personnel. I wouldn't be shocked to see each team 2 or 3 times each game in preseason. Living in Reno with some place every few blocks that takes sports bets yeah this could be a big thing early in the year. Bet some under's :)