Game Thread: Saints @ Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He was better last year than he was the year before.
Statistically yeah, but i'd have to go back and look at the pressure kicks, situations etc...i just don't think he's kicking very confidently anymore.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didnt say cut the bum...you can secure that crap bro....but he's not the kicker he was early 2 yrs ago IMO. Some of us just don't want to admit it bcuz he was a draft day bargain and fan favorite.

Some of us don't believe it because he missed 2 out of 28 kicks last year and was one of the NFL's top 10 kickers.

I hear you.

I'm still not as confident. Just being honest.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion but I don't understand why. It's the preseason. Guy went 26/28 last year. IMO, him and Hekker(and Quinn) are the last guys we should be worrying about.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Both Brown and Wilkins proved their skill over many seasons.

I think GZ is equally capable, but he's not got the experience to equal them in my book yet.

Don't mistake me as a fan. Just saying.
Wilkins I get ya, but Brown?

All he proved that without the twelve man he was an overpaid guy who missed way more chip shots than a guy getting paid what he did should. IMO he didn't prove anything in a Rams Jersey.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Some of us don't believe it because he missed 2 out of 28 kicks last year and was one of the NFL's top 10 kickers.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion but I don't understand why. It's the preseason. Guy went 26/28 last year. IMO, him and Hekker(and Quinn) are the last guys we should be worrying about.
This is true, but i wasn't kidding when i said to bring in a camp leg.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

He built a lot of confidence with me last year.

Hoping he continues that this year (y)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I felt the same last year. He has accuracy issues.

I think at 59 yards, most kickers have accuracy issues.

This is true, but i wasn't kidding when i said to bring in a camp leg.

Is that really "competition"? It's more or less having Austin Davis as a competition for Sam. Seems like a waste of a roster spot to me.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll get off GZ's leg for now, but i'm watching and i don't want to have to win a game with his head right now.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wilkins I get ya, but Brown?

All he proved that without the twelve man he was an overpaid guy who missed way more chip shots than a guy getting paid what he did should. IMO he didn't prove anything in a Rams Jersey.

Both were among the best kickers.

Wilkins > Brown but Brown was very good.

Kickers are taken for granted since Wilkins landed here. Before that, st Louis was a wasteland for kickers.

PhxRam

When you say something like this choice:
"Either now or later"
Or no choice:
"Neither now nor ever"
Hey that's clever!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
LOL.

Overreaction junction whats your function..

cojunction_function.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think at 59 yards, most kickers have accuracy issues.

Is that really "competition"? It's more or less having Austin Davis as a competition for Sam. Seems like a waste of a roster spot to me.
I know what you mean, but there are a lot of camp bodies here that serve no purpose other than crash test dummies for the rest.
GZ's mental issues concern me. Hopefully this doesn't resurface later.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Both were among the best kickers.

Wilkins > Brown but Brown was very good.

Kickers are taken for granted since Wilkins landed here. Before that, st Louis was a wasteland for kickers.
I'll give you that, once you get a guy like Wilkins it's hard to ween yourself off. I think GZ will step up nicely and fill the role with some experience. We'll have to just respectfully disagree about Brown... Ya tool. :sneaky:

Slappy967

Starter
We lost a preseason game and I could give 2 shits about W-L in preseason. Spags was a Hall of Fame preseason coach. I will say that I saw a LOT to like out of our rookies and some of last years practice squad guys. For me I think I Gaines/Joyner shone brightest but Donald/Sam looked solid as well. Looking forward to next week to hopefully see some growth from the noobs.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'll give you that, once you get a guy like Wilkins it's hard to ween yourself off. I think GZ will step up nicely and fill the role with some experience. We'll have to just respectfully disagree about Brown... Ya tool. :sneaky:

Lol!

Cheers on that!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Statistically yeah, but i'd have to go back and look at the pressure kicks, situations etc...i just don't think he's kicking very confidently anymore.

26 for 28. And he missed a 59 yarder this game while the whole situation was being rushed due to the strange penalty call when Davis spiked the ball and got called for grounding.

He missed it slightly to the left on that kick. How many other kickers would even have the range for that kick? Not many.