Game Thread: Saints @ Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
LACHAMP46 thinking of moving into my turf:
What does red font mean again?
upload_2014-8-8_11-31-48.jpeg
over-my-dead-body.jpg

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If you don't get excited when you see a game day thread I pity your football soul.
No body gets hurt, the players get their work in and the fans have something to talk about.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
No injuries, please. Other than that I'd like to see our secondary look like they belong, while keeping the penalties down( they were throwing a flag on almost every passing play in that Ravens-niner game). Also going to be watching BIG #79, it's time to bring some pain....

jap

Legend
If you don't get excited when you see a game day thread I pity your football soul.
No body gets hurt, the players get their work in and the fans have something to talk about.

You can pity me to your heart's content. I don't get overly excited about pre-season games. I want to see young players embracing the NFL intensity, formerly hurt players coming back from injury and older vets getting back into the groove, but the games are meaningless otherwise. All you are gonna get is plain vanilla-fare. Neither Schotty nor GW are likely to expose any exotic stuff in games that don't count.

Mick

Pro Bowler
too amped...can't type...forget the players possible injuries, I am concerned about my own health...need a nap till kickoff just so I don't bust a valve :confused:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
OPENING STATEMENT:

We all expect a well played game and a Rams win today!

But; this is the NFL. Most every game in this league is closely contested. Every game is filled with mistakes and missed opportunities.

The mods are committed to protecting our safe haven from excessive negativity and any posts or topics that divide our membership.

So, if the game takes a turn to your disliking, please back away from the keyboard and rejoin the talk when a cooler head returns.

This is a message board. It should be fun. That's why we are here!

Enjoy the game everyone!

This actually a Pre Game thread

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I had 8 tickets to give away (company) and they are good ones. Every body I asked took them. Three years ago I wouldn't have had any takers. It would have been me and my kids and grandkids. I realize that seasoned fans understand the un-importance of pre-season football, but you have to be careful how far you dumb it down. Reality-$720.00 worth of tickets and while I know the most important thing is not to get any one hurt I still expect to be entertained. What I mean is they should still run a reasonable resemblance of the offense and defense they will be running in the regular season, just not with the 1st string. I don't mean they should run trick plays or blitz packages, but they should put on a show that will bring some of these casual fans back or at least take advantage of free tickets!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No injuries, please. Other than that I'd like to see our secondary look like they belong, while keeping the penalties down( they were throwing a flag on almost every passing play in that Ravens-niner game). Also going to be watching BIG #79, it's time to bring some pain....
Makes you wonder if 'Kap' had advance knowledge of what was to come, as he only through 1 Pass!:LOL:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I had 8 tickets to give away (company) and they are good ones. Every body I asked took them. Three years ago I wouldn't have had any takers. It would have been me and my kids and grandkids. I realize that seasoned fans understand the un-importance of pre-season football, but you have to be careful how far you dumb it down. Reality-$720.00 worth of tickets and while I know the most important thing is not to get any one hurt I still expect to be entertained. What I mean is they should still run a reasonable resemblance of the offense and defense they will be running in the regular season, just not with the 1st string. I don't mean they should run trick plays or blitz packages, but they should put on a show that will bring some of these casual fans back or at least take advantage of free tickets!

Jeff Fisher openly said in one of this week's pressers that they aren't even game planning, so I won't expect much of anything that will be resembled in the regular season.