Game plan for Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Montanaramfan

Rookie
What do you think McVay has up his sleeve for the Niners? I listened to his interview and, while he did say he'd rest some players, he didn't say he was sitting them all. I still think he wants to get 1) the win, 2) Gurley the rushing title and MVP and 3) the scoring title.

I think we'll see Gurley and Goff for at least the first half with heavy dose of the run (with Gurley and Brown) mixed in with a few screens. Those are safe plays for Goff that will keep the clock running, shorten the game and keep Garoppolo off the field. There might be some quick passes sprinkled in but I wouldn't expect any deep balls that are going to force Jared to hold the ball too long. McVay learned from the Eagles game what can happen there. We'll probably be without Barron, Ogletree, maybe Whitworth and anyone else who is ailing. The second half will probably belong to Malcolm Brown and I'm sure he'll get his share of totes in the first half. What do you think he has in store?

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Would love to see Gurley get his td and 100 total yards in the first half with enough for the rushing title. Rams lead at halftime then backup mania in the 2nd half. Oh, and gropeapole getting acquainted with the defense he'll be seeing the next several years.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm sure we will see quite a bit of Malcolm Brown and maybe a Justin Davis sighting as well...I hope the OL can hold up,the Rams are competitive and Sam Ficken gets plenty of chances at the very minimum two FG tries, one short and one at least from 49 yards and the Rams get to Jimmy GQ Garoppolo just to always remind him to fear the horns!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm glad you brought this up! IF the Rams score 35 Points they'll hit "500 points for the Year! and IF they keep the 9ers to less than 5 points we will have given up less than 300 points! those are some Great Marks to hit!
We also only need 2 more sacks to hit "50" for the Year! 6 sacks could get us the sack lead! the League lead is 53.
But!!!!! I would like to see Guuuuurley lock up the rushing Title and MVP!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I don’t think statistics or individual awards are a priority at all.

We not me.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This game will be the Austin, Pharoh and Brown game imo

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@wolfdogg
Grope-A-Pole really? Awesome
homer.jpg

TexasRam

Legend
I expect to see Goff and Gurley on the sidelines.

Stats can be framed as per game or through 15 games to show Gurleys dominance.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I'm glad you brought this up! IF the Rams score 35 Points they'll hit "500 points for the Year! and IF they keep the 9ers to less than 5 points we will have given up less than 300 points! those are some Great Marks to hit!
We also only need 2 more sacks to hit "50" for the Year! 6 sacks could get us the sack lead! the League lead is 53.
But!!!!! I would like to see Guuuuurley lock up the rushing Title and MVP!

I don't care about any of those, and I think most fans and players would agree, if it could potentially keep us from winning a Superbowl.

Our bye week was week nine weeks ago. Let these guys rest and get ready for the next four games.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't care about any of those, and I think most fans and players would agree, if it could potentially keep us from winning a Superbowl.

Our bye week was week nine weeks ago. Let these guys rest and get ready for the next four games.
I don't want anything to effect the performance of the Team in our Playoff Run! I'm just saying that I would like to see the Team and Gurley achieve these Stat Goals for the record books!!

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
What do you think McVay has up his sleeve for the Niners? I listened to his interview and, while he did say he'd rest some players, he didn't say he was sitting them all. I still think he wants to get 1) the win, 2) Gurley the rushing title and MVP and 3) the scoring title.

I think we'll see Gurley and Goff for at least the first half with heavy dose of the run (with Gurley and Brown) mixed in with a few screens. Those are safe plays for Goff that will keep the clock running, shorten the game and keep Garoppolo off the field. There might be some quick passes sprinkled in but I wouldn't expect any deep balls that are going to force Jared to hold the ball too long. McVay learned from the Eagles game what can happen there. We'll probably be without Barron, Ogletree, maybe Whitworth and anyone else who is ailing. The second half will probably belong to Malcolm Brown and I'm sure he'll get his share of totes in the first half. What do you think he has in store?

If Witworth is out resting I doubt Goff and Gurley will be in.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff will fall just short of 4000 yards and 30 TDs. He had an outside shot (with 4 TDs) to have the most TD passes in Rams history for anyone not named Warner (Everett had 31 one year).

Gurley will lose the rushing lead, the MVP and fall short of 20 TDs.

The offense will fall short of 500 points. Hopefully they score at least 15 so that we will have averaged 30 ppg.

The defense might surrender 25, which will bump their average points allowed up to 20 per game.

Kupp had an outside shot to get 1000 (needs 131) - doubt he gets it from Mannion.

But - as someone else said - We Not Me. It's what McVay preached all training camp and preseason and this would go in line with that.

Ram65

Legend
We might see Austin out in some pass patterns for a change.

All in all I think McVay wants to get the game over with ASAP without injury. The first half he will call the game similar to what he has been doing. Look for more passing than running with the screen pass somewhere in there early. As Den mentioned earlier he will want to get Fickin a least a couple FG attempts so he will be looking for some chunk plays. IIRC the Whiners played a lot man to man and allowed Watkins to have open space and his best game with slants and out routes. He won't show anything special/new but, could keep the players lose with a gadget play or two. He likes mixing up the tempo but, will try to run down the clock in the second half unless the Rams have a chance to win.