Fun NFL Related Stories

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You got it Dave! He was Burts sidekick in a few movies back in the day. I still am kicking myself for not approaching Dickerson that day.
One of life's Little regrets! Years ago I was on a plane, and Had to walk around ' Roman Gabriel' in the isle, To this day I wish I'd gotten his autograph! But I wanted to be "Cool" and not act like some "Dumb Fan!". I'd ask for it today!;):rolllaugh:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My story isn't that cool, but it involves my first Rams game ever. Rams v Browns the last game of the year in 1973. We would go 12-2 that year and Super Bowl favorites following the Browns win, and then the Cowboys happened..:rant:

Anyway, the LA Coliseum was packed out..I later found out it was more than 73,000, and I was eating a chocolate ice cream cone and the guy sitting in front of me was wearing a beautiful creme cashmere sweater. Near the end of the cone, I dribbled some melted chocolate on that sweater....It was near the end of the game, so I pointed toward the stained sweater and showed my Dad....

"C'mon!" lol...poor guy.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Here is one more I found. Vernon Davis (Terps baby!!) sat right in front of me at a Capitals playoff game and couldn't have been more cool. We talked quite a bit during the game and he was telling me how he thought Bradford was going to be really good :burp:. Say, isn't Vernon a free agent??? I would love to see him in horns.

204425_1976788428364_5709051_o.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've told many of mine through the years. Here's one that just came to mind that is kinda funny.

Remember that Monday Night game vs Tampon back in the GSOT days? Many call it one of the greatest Monday Night games ever. Well, I was there. I try not to miss any Ram games played here in FL.

The bucs were good back then too. Their fans are very fair weather for the most part... but at that time the fans were ape shit crazy since the team was winning. It looked like a raider game with all of the Halloween looking costumes these bucs fans were wearing... they got most of their ideas from the raider fans by the look of them.

Anyway,,, I didn't have the best seats but they were decent. They were in the absolute middle of the row though. I had 3 other people with me but none were Ram fans (1 of them was my girlfriend). I of course was proudly wearing my Puma Warner Authentic jersey. I always wore an old LA Ram tshirt underneath for the dopes who wanted to call me a bandwagoner hahahaha.

So I'm trying to make my way across the row to sit down... but standing in my way was an older woman wearing shoulder pads with giant spikes sticking out of them. This freak was cussing me worse than any sailor and was refusing to allow me to pass. She was also trying to get the rest of the section to side with her like a mob. You had to be there to understand just how much of a freak this woman was.

I turned around and had to go get a police officer working the game to help me and my crew get through this bitch and sit in our seats. It was a total sell out. That woman and half the section were extremely pissed. They gave me hell the whole game. It didn't deter me one bit though. LOL

Throughout the whole first half there were times when I was the only person in a sea of bad costumes standing up and screaming "1st DOWN!" while doing the 1st Down hand signal. The home fans were flipping out.... and I didn’t give a fuck lol. My 2 buddies who came with us left a halftime because they were certain a fight was gonna go down. Lame. You should hear them tell the story though. LOL

I stayed till the end. No fights. Lots of words though. That was one very miserable long walk to the car after the game. Good times.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here is one more I found. Vernon Davis (Terps baby!!) sat right in front of me at a Capitals playoff game and couldn't have been more cool. We talked quite a bit during the game and he was telling me how he thought Bradford was going to be really good :burp:. Say, isn't Vernon a free agent??? I would love to see him in horns.

View attachment 12706
Nice, @Faceplant. Meeting up with guys like that makes if easier to root for them and follow their career, huh? I wonder what happened with Vernon. He sure was dominant for a few years. Just kind of fell off as the Niners collapsed.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I was at the D/FW airport waiting to get on a flight. I look up and see Terry Bradshaw walk by. I had to meet him. I approached him and said, "I don't want to bother you, but I thought you'd get a kick out of this." I showed him my Tom Landry tattoo. In classic Bradshaw he said, "now WHYYYY would you do that?" I told him i REALLY wanted to talk shit to him, but I couldn't (beat us in 2 SB's), but I always respected him. I gave him a pat on the shoulder, then returned to my seat. Not really Rams related, but it's not really Cowboys related either. Ha.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was at the D/FW airport waiting to get on a flight. I look up and see Terry Bradshaw walk by. I had to meet him. I approached him and said, "I don't want to bother you, but I thought you'd get a kick out of this." I showed him my Tom Landry tattoo. In classic Bradshaw he said, "now WHYYYY would you do that?" I told him i REALLY wanted to talk crap to him, but I couldn't (beat us in 2 SB's), but I always respected him. I gave him a pat on the shoulder, then returned to my seat. Not really Rams related, but it's not really Cowboys related either. Ha.

Love it! Sounds like Bradshaw. It's a good thing you didn't see Jack Lambert. You may have lost all internet privileges, (as well as your general freedoms, and right to bear arms) as you yelled out in the airport, "Hi Jack!!" Hey, there's Jack Lambert, "HIJACK!!!"
Rynie.jpg