Free Agent Signings: Around The NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't get scared. He may want to take his time on signing so he'll be paying visits to multiple teams. Plus, who knows if the Rams still have interest.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Seems like financial stability is his reasons for going to Oakland. Wants to be safe for his family.

Can you blame him? He's still a young player who hasn't really got his first big contract yet. He's not worth that much $, but I'm not gonna hate on him for taking it.

A55VA6

Legend
Can you blame him? He's still a young player who hasn't really got his first big contract yet. He's not worth that much $, but I'm not gonna hate on him for taking it.
Oh I agree with you man. I'm happy for Rodger. Wish him well.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

I don't blame him one bit. It is a business. Saffold made a good business move, getting a contract no one thought he'd really get and making some big money. The Raiders on the other hand, keep showing that they have no fucking clue what they are doing lol

A55VA6

Legend
So if Vontae Davis got 4 yrs $39M from the Colts, what is Verner worth??
Finnegans contract that we gave him when we signed him. 5 years, 50 mil. Verner is still pretty young and has a lot of skill.

A55VA6

Legend
Colts re-sign RB Ahmad Bradshaw
Vikings sign former Giants OT Linval Joseph for 5 years, $31.5M

A55VA6

Legend
Steelers sign former Panthers S Mike Mitchell

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
49ers sign Antoine Bethea to four-year deal
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 11, 2014

antoinebethea.jpg
AP

San Francisco will swap departed safety Donte Whitner for a slightly less expensive alternative.

Shortly after Whitner signed with the Browns for $7 million a year, the 49ers have signed safety Antoine Bethea to a four-year contract that’s worth between $5 million and $6 million a year, according to several reports.

“Indy it’s been real,” Bethea wrote on Twitter. “Fans and city showed me nothing but love my eight years there and greeted me w/ open arms Appreciate all the support! Glad to be a Niner!! Going to the Bay!”

The 29-year-old Bethea has spent his entire eight-year NFL career in Indianapolis and has started all 16 games for six consecutive seasons. Bethea is the No. 39 player in our Free Agent Hot 100.

Falcons release Thomas DeCoud
Posted by Josh Alper on March 11, 2014

138b3fad19e2e5312c08b4692a3cd052-e1394577116246.jpeg
Getty Images

In February, there was a report that the Falcons were prepared to release safety Thomas DeCoud prior to his salary for the 2014 season becoming guaranteed on March 15.

They didn’t let things get down to the wire. The team announced Tuesday that DeCoud has been released after six seasons with the team.

DeCoud has started all but two games for the Falcons over the last five seasons and made the Pro Bowl after the 2012 season. Like most other players on the Atlanta defense, though, DeCoud’s play slipped during the 2013 season and his $4.2 million base salary made him an easy target for the axe. The move will save the Falcons $3 million under the cap.

DeCoud’s release continues a busy day for the Falcons. They have signed guard Jon Asamoah, defensive end Tyson Jackson and defensive tackle Paul Soliai while re-signing center Joe Hawley and releasing the retired Tony Gonzalez.