Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse in Baltimore

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Insane!!
At least they were able to stop traffic from entering and bridge appeared clear

Psycho_X

Legend
Insane!!
This is basically my worst nightmare... i hate bridges.

But anyway, I thought I read that there were cars in the river and there was constructions crews on it or something to that effect. Saw the term "mass casualty event" used multiple times. Hopefully what you said is true and it's just bullshit internet embellishment from the click whore websites.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Port of Baltimore, one of the busiest ports on the east coast, could be shut down for months. This is an economic hit.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This verifies why my brain goes into primal fear when I have to go over high bridges.

My GOD

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

But anyway, I thought I read that there were cars in the river and there was constructions crews on it or something to that effect. Saw the term "mass casualty event" used multiple times. Hopefully what you said is true and it's just bullshit internet embellishment from the click whore websites.
I don’t know if they were workers or travelers.
The ship did call in a mayday and they were able to stop more traffic from getting on the bridge.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Looks like an accident. Horrible one, but an accident.

This verifies why my brain goes into primal fear when I have to go over high bridges.

My GOD

I have to drive on this thing every now and then. Not worried about structural integrity but the morons that drive 80 mph on it.

RainbowBridge_%28Texas%29.jpg

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

I have to drive on this thing every now and then. Not worried about structural integrity but the morons that drive 80 mph on it.

I’m not convinced, that that isn’t a roller coaster.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

It would be EXTREMELY difficult for me to force myself to drive over that. If I did drive over... everyone would be firing double birds at me for driving so slow. That is an absolute nightmare for me... my knees are already buckling just looking at the pic.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Terrible news! Hoping for the best for the people. I used to cle ch hard driving over the bridges in the bay area

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

My GOD
I used to live in Portland, OR. One of its nicknames was Bridge City. I always hated getting stuck in traffic on some of them because they would buck and sway with the cars going the other way or heaven forbid it was windy. I used to run irrigation crews and maintenance all the way up into Stevenson, WA and had to cross this bridge quite often. Being in The Gorge, it was always windy. One day, I got stopped behind bridge repair crews. That sucker was moving A LOT! But at least it was a steel bridge and you could see right through it to the river below. :wow2: That was not a good day and I'm not even afraid of heights.
2222277_hQEAeuCS4ZdaXWyij6Zn3SjL0j1QsmG8vt_ncJ-_S2k.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They were able to stop traffic but there were still construction vehicles, police cars etc. Wasnt completely clear of people, but fortunately you could see the traffic flow earlier, and there were tons of cars

Psycho_X

Legend
I used to live in Portland, OR. One of its nicknames was Bridge City. I always hated getting stuck in traffic on some of them because they would buck and sway with the cars going the other way or heaven forbid it was windy. I used to run irrigation crews and maintenance all the way up into Stevenson, WA and had to cross this bridge quite often. Being in The Gorge, it was always windy. One day, I got stopped behind bridge repair crews. That sucker was moving A LOT! But at least it was a steel bridge and you could see right through it to the river below. :wow2: That was not a good day and I'm not even afraid of heights. View attachment 64969
Getting sweaty palms just thinking about it. I do not like heights. I have no interest in being high or dangling over things or even thinking about it. I thoroughly enjoy being on flat, boring midwestern ground. Every now and then I make myself watch one of those idiots who like to climb buildings and hop around on ledges because they're young and stupid and I have to stop before I get too nauseous lol.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've been watching the news all morning. They seem to be unsure if there were actually any cars on the bridge at the time of collapse. They do apparently still have 6 workers unaccounted for. Apparently, there were crews repairing potholes on the bridge at the time. Also apparently, 2 workers were able to walk away. No one seems to know for sure if there are more potential victims.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Insane!!
No kidding. Almost miraculous it seems. You would have thought they could get the construction crews off the bridge too but I wonder how much time they actually had. Just really amazing this could happen in such a highly used port.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to live in Portland, OR. One of its nicknames was Bridge City. I always hated getting stuck in traffic on some of them because they would buck and sway with the cars going the other way or heaven forbid it was windy. I used to run irrigation crews and maintenance all the way up into Stevenson, WA and had to cross this bridge quite often. Being in The Gorge, it was always windy. One day, I got stopped behind bridge repair crews. That sucker was moving A LOT! But at least it was a steel bridge and you could see right through it to the river below. :wow2: That was not a good day and I'm not even afraid of heights. View attachment 64969
I used to drive by Cascade Locks every other day as a Greyhound driver (Portland to Boise route). In Portland itself, I would drive over the Steel Bridge in my '68 Fury when it was iced over in winter. Scariest bridge crossing with a rear wheel drive car after a 428 mile drive all night (chaining my bus up once or twice) returning to Portland and then dealing with that bridge in my personal car! I was so glad to get home after that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I used to drive by Cascade Locks every other day as a Greyhound driver (Portland to Boise route). In Portland itself, I would drive over the Steel Bridge in my '68 Fury when it was iced over in winter. Scariest bridge crossing with a rear wheel drive car after a 428 mile drive all night (chaining my bus up once or twice) returning to Portland and then dealing with that bridge in my personal car! I was so glad to get home after that.
Yeah - that was a slippery one in the winter. You could also see through that one if I recall right. St John's bridge could be a trip at times too. It's really old and the tallest bridge in the city. I've been stopped in traffic many times on that bridge and you feel every car, truck, and gust of wind. It's a very cool bridge but did I mention it's really old?

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had ‘68 Fury. 383 engine in the VIP model I got as a hand me down. We went across country and back on 7 cylinders for a family vacation in ‘71. Thought it was a carburetor problem over the Colorado Rockies, but no problem over the Canadian Rockies.
The bridge and overpass collapses in ‘89 were no joke. I had coworker who went to the opening game of the series. He was way up in the cheap seats and said it was a Disney E ride. He had to drive all the way to San Jose and then all the way back up; due East from S.F. It took 12 hours.
I’m sure the socal quake around that time was pretty hairy too.