Four years ago today the Rams hired McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
It’s a nice turning point after years of futility under Martz’s later years, Linehan, Spags, and Fisher. Banked a good amount of karma to get where we are; looking forward to more fun years ahead
Just mentioning Linehan and Spags almost makes me vomit.
They rolled out teams and played like the freshman team vs varsity.
Embarrassing.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Embarrassing.

To be fair, Steve Spagnolo was THE grand prize that year. Everyone was excited, including myself, over him. Who knew that 3 years down the line he'd turn out how he did. It's one of the reasons why I'm not buying into the hype for Eric B. Everyone screaming for him, I'm just like...wait and see how he actually turns out.

Linny though, I was confused. I was still in high school and had no idea who he was. The guy I remember wanting was Ron Rivera, but at the time he didn't want to be a HC.

EVERYONE wanted a proven head coach after these two, and well that didn't turn out so well, either. So what are you gonna do? Get the best guy for the job, not just the name coach.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Imho best hire at Coach since Vermiel.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Embarrassing.
You have a point, but when YOUR GM is JZ or BD O No. Lol

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great day indeed. As with any coach, I shake my head sometimes. The 4 previous coaches made me feel like a bobble head. Now it’s just like I suffer from an occasional bout of tourettes.

fearsomefour

Legend
To be fair, Steve Spagnolo was THE grand prize that year. Everyone was excited, including myself, over him. Who knew that 3 years down the line he'd turn out how he did. It's one of the reasons why I'm not buying into the hype for Eric B. Everyone screaming for him, I'm just like...wait and see how he actually turns out.

Linny though, I was confused. I was still in high school and had no idea who he was. The guy I remember wanting was Ron Rivera, but at the time he didn't want to be a HC.

EVERYONE wanted a proven head coach after these two, and well that didn't turn out so well, either. So what are you gonna do? Get the best guy for the job, not just the name coach.
Yep.
See how Eric B does with a bad roster and an average to below average QB.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Next year will the final litmus test for me before I celebrate that it's going to be a sustained run of success similar to what Seattle has done with Wilson.

Because this draft should be the last one without a first round pick, and in the offseason we're going to lose some FAs without the means to replace them, and it's probably do or die for Goff - either he's the QB after next year or he's not - in either case, we'll be better off because he'll either have proven himself or his contract will be off the books after the season IMO.

So next year will be a challenge I think - the defense will be worse either way you slice it and we won't have the means to upgrade the WR and OL to the extent that we would like to. The Seahawks will still have a winning record and the Niners are likely to bounce back.

If we can go 9-7 or better next year, I don't see McVay having a losing season anytime soon.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
not sure how old i was. must have been around 6 or7 anyway at that time i was not even interested in football but seen a game on tv and those horns just stuck out to me. so later when i got interested in football i just gravitated to those horns. love them horns ever since.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Linehan on a road game day thinking.....
“Can I also get ten cent tacos after the game if they score 40 points?”

I always said about Scott Linehan that he couldn't motivate a Marine at a Brothel.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just thinking about about Linehan and Spags makes me want to puke more than this:

But McVay is arguably one of the best coaches we've had. Does he have his faults? Sure, but what coach doesn't? I'm hoping he's our coach for decades to come.