Four years ago today the Rams hired McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
And changed the direction of the franchise for the better. Midweek celebrations are authorized and encouraged.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember where I was when the news broke. Driving to Vegas for the weekend and listening to Movin' the Chains on NFL radio and I eagerly waited for their take on the hire...

When they finally got back to it Kirwan's comment: "I'll give that one a year." Yeah fuck you and your BS insider information that you get from Pete Carroll. How do you like us now MFer??? :ROFLMAO:

Can't say enough about McVay though man. Seriously. Other than "thank you for hiring this dude."

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
It’s a nice turning point after years of futility under Martz’s later years, Linehan, Spags, and Fisher. Banked a good amount of karma to get where we are; looking forward to more fun years ahead

…..

Legend
We can only hope that things remain fresh, fun, and exciting. We would be blessed to have McVay stick around.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I remember saying to myself....."Why did they hire a kid?!?!?!" Wish I was part of that interview process must of been fun and clearly McVay had a plan.

So grateful we got him and grateful for the way he changed our culture! Hope we are celebrating his 8th, 10th and 20th Anniversaries.

Q729

Legend
I remember asking my 'Skins fan friend if this was a good idea. He just said, "Well, if you liked what you saw here."

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He replaced the triple threat...Trip, stumble & fumble.
1610493093055.png

1610493120745.png

1610493172265.png

dang

Legend
With the McVay hire/success, the move to LA and the new Taj Mahal stadium - the Rams are making a run for sustainable success and relevance. Dark days are gone!!

dang

Legend
Here's the coaching search thread those weeks. https://ramsondemand.com/threads/rams-coaching-interviews-its-official-mcvay-hired.48120/

I was hoping I'd say something, but guess not. I remember being indifferent, just a wait and see approach.

Side note...I totally forgot that Asshole Face was considered as a trade. Also that no one hated him like now lol.
I was a fan of Asshole Face until his constant complaining about being robbed vs admission of failure in the playoffs turned me off.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter