Former Ram Chris Long Donating Every Game Check

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-long-will-donate-every-game-check-2017-charity-134552444.html

Long announced via Twitter on Wednesday that he would be giving the 10 checks to charitable organizations in Philadelphia, Boston, and St. Louis “whose missions focus on making education easily accessible to underserved youth while also providing students the support they need to develop strong social and emotional character.”

View image on Twitter
DMa_746XcAIWs3I.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/BenVolin

“If you listen to people who tell you to ‘Stick to sports,’ I would ask them, ‘Do you stick to whatever your occupation is?’ ” Long said in August. “People always want to hear from athletes when they agree with them. When we voice a [dissenting] opinion, they have an issue with it. I think that athletes are role models. We should think about what we’re saying, then speak. And speak wisely.”

Donating an entire season’s worth of checks seems a pretty wise way to demonstrate values.

Good for him. He is still getting $1.25 million in bonuses, but that's still a good chunk of change to donate. He's always been a good guy. Wish he could have won with the Rams

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Great Guy! I have always liked Chris, on and off the field! Too Bad we are going to have to Stomp-on-him later this year!(y):D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Much better program than water boys tbh. Not knocking his other program, mind you, but I like to see charities that focus on our own too.

Chris is one great dude.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He, Laurinaitis, and Jackson were class acts. Wish that we could've won something for them.

EasyE

Starter
why announce it?...affirmation?...Guilt?...heck, AD could use it...lol

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
why announce it?...affirmation?...Guilt?...heck, AD could use it...lol

It's seed money. They want additional pledges to help the cause. A million or so only goes so far, after all.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
“If you listen to people who tell you to ‘Stick to sports,’ I would ask them, ‘Do you stick to whatever your occupation is?’ ” Long said in August. “People always want to hear from athletes when they agree with them. When we voice a [dissenting] opinion, they have an issue with it. I think that athletes are role models. We should think about what we’re saying, then speak. And speak wisely.”

CLong is a smart motherfucker.

Much better program than water boys tbh.

I don't see one being better than the other myself. Both are great.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame

I'd tell Long to stick to sports, but I'm not sure he's good at any sports. I don't need your moral rebukes Long. While your at it with your PR announcements and moral preening, why don't you rope in the two cities you have a connection with that actually are desperate for help:

Rescue inner city gang bangers in brother Kyles Chicago. (19 more have surely been murdered since your announcement) and rescue inner city D.C. Kids from the horrible public schools their parents have been trying to escape, while the Unions say "screw you kids".

Sorry. At least Chris is doing something. And the Water Boys thing is good too. Just could do without the misguided lectures.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Nice job Chris.
Always liked you on and off the field.
Might have had a bit more impact when you were pulling down 14 mil sitting in the bench.
But you do have a good heart.

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
and that ...my fellow Rams brothers is how you make a difference in this world and not like that a little b*tch that kneels down looking like is ready to give a BJ!

STLRam

UDFA
I'd tell Long to stick to sports, but I'm not sure he's good at any sports. I don't need your moral rebukes Long. While your at it with your PR announcements and moral preening, why don't you rope in the two cities you have a connection with that actually are desperate for help:

Rescue inner city gang bangers in brother Kyles Chicago. (19 more have surely been murdered since your announcement) and rescue inner city D.C. Kids from the horrible public schools their parents have been trying to escape, while the Unions say "screw you kids".

Sorry. At least Chris is doing something. And the Water Boys thing is good too. Just could do without the misguided lectures.

Can’t even tell if you’re serious. You sound like a degenerate human being and need to seek help immediately.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

how is helping kids get educated not helping ...does it not help them maybe get to college so they dont have to join a gang and become a murderer or be murdered

and he is helping the cities he HAS a connection to/played in .... maybe the bears players should donate their game checks to that cause in their city

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Why are people complaining about a guy donating the majority of his yearly salary to charity?

Chris long is a good person. He sets a good example.

Psycho_X

Legend
Chris has become the poster boy for how you hope most NFL players (and people in general) act. He genuinely cares about people, the country, and the world and is doing what he can to improve it. And he doesn't just give to make himself look good, he pushes and motivates his fellow players to get involved as well. The amount of money he's raised for others in need is probably more than 99.9% of the rest of the world so he deserves the gratitude. And this latest initiative is going to the cities he's played in so St. Louis, Boston, and Philly.

Also, this is cool

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Talk about actions speaking louder than words.
Good on ya Chris!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Talk about actions speaking louder than words.
Good on ya Chris!

You beat me to it. This is an example of how you unite and not divide. Regardless of where you stand on the anthem thing, it has created a divide. The actions of Long is an action that should unite. I would like to see all the kneelers follow suit. IMO opinion educational and economic equality are the biggest challenges our country faces. Long has always been a class act and his actions here prove it.