For WWE Fans (one of the best days of my life)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Preamble: My favorite star to watch on WWE is none other than The Lass Kicker, The Man, Becky Lynch. Yes, she's very attractive. But she's also very talented in the ring, has great promo skills, funny, and is a genuine humble and good person. I freaking love her both as a performer and a person.

And yes I know there's a lot of cynicism to WWE, but c'mon the performers are pretty good people.

Back in September, I was attending a Comic-Con at NRG (near where the Texans play). I had paid for a photo op with Dave Batista (Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy). When I was waiting in line, a guy was telling me that after this photo he's going to try and meet her. I knew about this appearance, but having paid tickets for the con, I was uneasy about letting that money go. But I decided to do it and meet my favorite. After my pic with Batista, I hauled ass from NRG to the mall where she was at (about 30 miles through uptown traffic) and made it to her appearance and got the wristband to be "in". Long story short: within 10 minutes after the time started at 2 pm, we were yelled at to leave. Legit yelled at, because there was too many people. The security guards let us stay, so we thought we still had a shot. About 3 pm, no, we were officially kicked out. I was pissed, and it really got to me.

Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago, I get home from work and just randomly going to websites, and I found out she's coming again! Joy! But wait, is it fake? Nope, official WWE.com confirmed! Yes!!!! I'd have to wake up at 4 am on a Sunday, but whatever. Also, I would have to be in the top 250 people.

Skip to last Saturday night, I'm watching the NBA Dunk Contest. At about 9 pm, by sheer dumb luck I happen to look at twitter; a local radio/media person reported that there were already people lining up. At 9 pm the night before. FUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK. Now I'm just debating if I should even go, because my 4 am plan was out the door. I said screw it, and at 2:30 am Sunday morning I'm out the door.

I get to the store at 3 am Sunday morning. I pull in the lot and see about 30 people. YES! But I didn't realize the line WRAPPED around the store, and I was about the 90-100s range. No complaints, still within the top 250. And the meet and greet doesn't start until 10 am. SCORE!!!!

So for almost NINE hours we waited. During that time, what ended up being small talk with strangers ended up being a party and becoming great friends at the end of it. We are all fans and all stoked to see one of our heroes. At about 8:30 am, the store started handing out wristbands. Moment of truth, and our newly formed group start getting worried, because apparently the people in front of us were saving spots for their friends, and the line was growing. But, good news, we all got our wrist bands!!!!!

We're all jacked, adrenaline pumping, no one is sitting down, no one is sleepy, everyone is smiling and having a damn good time. 10 am arrives, and we see Becky Lynch walk in, and we all freak the hell out! She gets mobbed by the fans at the front of the line (don't worry she had a ton of security). And here we fucking go, it's gonna happen!

I'm at the end of the store right before the windows, and the store is letting in only 5 or 6 fans in at a time (it's a small store, there's employees, security, Becky's managers, etc). It takes an hour and 15 minutes to get to the door. Now, during all this, they had a hype-woman to keep the crowd entertained and make announcements as needed. So at 11:20 am, hype-woman goes: "all right ladies and gentlemen, it is now 11:20, please keep in mind Becky Lynch has to leave at 12:00 pm for other WWE obligations."

NO. This simply cannot happen. I didn't come this far to be turned back at the last minute. At 11:25 am, I'm facing the door. At 11:30 am, I'M INSIDE THE STORE!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm starting to shake and my anxiety (which I thought would go away) just skyrockets. Fortunately, it calms down since I had a few more minutes to wait.

Then...moment of truth: At 11:36 am I hear, in an Irish accent, "Hi! How are ya?!" And next thing I know, I'm telling The Man, that I'm trying not to cry, and on the receiving end of an extra tight hug!!!! I tell her about my failed September attempt, and she actually said she remembers that, and was sorry! The Man is smiling this whole time and actually conversing with my common ass! She signs my action figure, and I get my picture taken! I have been on cloud 9 since, because I realized she is the first famous person, athlete or not, that I truly admire and a diehard fan of. I have not been able to stop smiling since! Huge bucket list item crossed, and I will truly never forget this day.

20190217_113525.jpg

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’ve never heard of her. I don’t watch the WWF anymore, not since I was a kid. But I will say she is damn fine!

That said, I can’t even focus on her. What draws my attention is....what the fuck is on ur head? Are you wearing goggles? I’m sorry, I’m just finding myself beyond curious at this point.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Juggs @1maGoh

The goggles were part of her older gimmick. I've been a fan since she debuted, so you could say they're a throwback.

images

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
She's gorgeous. My son watched WWE for a few years, so I'm familiar with her. Good story, congrats.

I've met a few famous people in my day, but no WWE wrestlers. I met two former NFL players, a whole bunch of the Pittsburgh Penguins back in 1990. Bob Cost as in Rockafeller Center, and stood next to a hot Soap actress. No hugs.

Angry Ram

She's gorgeous. My son watched WWE for a few years, so I'm familiar with her. Good story, congrats.

I've met a few famous people in my day, but no WWE wrestlers. I met two former NFL players, a whole bunch of the Pittsburgh Penguins back in 1990. Bob Cost as in Rockafeller Center, and stood next to a hot Soap actress. No hugs.

I've been fortunate to interact with a number of celebs that last two or three years, including some NFL players too. In my experience they are all so awesome to talk to or listen in their panels. Anthony Mackie (Falcon from the MCU movies) was hilarious when I talked with him. But he did say when he's not at these things, it's not our time (meaning leave him alone).

But The Man is legit genuine. I met my adult life hero. :yess:

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Congrats @Angry Ram. I can feel the enthusiasm in your posts and its refreshing. Hang on to that as long as you can. In my case never got to meet any of my heroes, most are dead now or tarnished with time. Thru your posts I was able to step back for a moment and remember. Thank you for that.

Angry Ram

Congrats @Angry Ram. I can feel the enthusiasm in your posts and its refreshing. Hang on to that as long as you can. In my case never got to meet any of my heroes, most are dead now or tarnished with time. Thru your posts I was able to step back for a moment and remember. Thank you for that.

Thank you. Most people think I'm weird for liking wrestling and pop culture (people that are of Indian descent don't typically like that sort of thing). Honestly, don't care. I love my life the way it is.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Not trying to insult your girl here Angry... I don't know anything about her.

She looks like she would be a FREAK,,, and mean that in a good way Brudda. No wonder you've got a thing for her.

Angry Ram

Not trying to insult your girl here Angry... I don't know anything about her.

She looks like she would be a FREAK,,, and mean that in a good way Brudda. No wonder you've got a thing for her.

She's no freak...she's THE MAN!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

^^^^^Legit broken nose^^^^^

tenor.gif

And I'm all...

tenor.gif

Angry Ram

It's been almost 2 weeks, and I'm still AMPED from this lol.

It's definitely re-established the pep in my step!

Especially because Dave Batista came back to WWE television this week. I got to hang with both of them!!!