For 6th Round DL Sebastian Joseph-Day, Los Angeles Already ‘Feels like Home’

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
tempAP_69824912208--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

With the close of the 2018 NFL Draft, 11 college prospects can now call themselves Los Angeles Rams.

After a draft haul that saw the franchise make moves to acquire 10 selections in Day 3 alone, the Rams were able to replenish depth at multiple positions — bringing in several new, dynamic playmakers.

And now that the big event has come and past, therams.com will be taking a look at each member of the club’s 2018 Draft Class.

The Rams added further depth to their defensive line by picking up Rutgers defensive tackle Sebastian Joseph-Day at No. 195 overall. The three-year starter finished his college career with 49 consecutive starts and 50 appearances, en route to All-Big Ten Honorable Mention accolades.

Not only was he a dominant force on the field, but he was also a key figure for the Scarlet Knights in the locker room, earning the 2017 Homer Hazel Award given to the team’s most valuable player.

And though Joseph-Day was not invited to the NFL Combine, the defensive tackle made the most of every opportunity given at several college showcases. That tenacity and hard work are two of the things he hopes will carry him through his transition to the league.

Here is Sebastian Joseph-Day in his own words:

On what he thinks he brings to the Rams:

“I’m a hardworking guy that loves football. I’m excited to get out there and learn from two of the best D-linemen in the game. I just think I’m a hardworking guy, a driven guy that strives to get better each and every day.”

On his reaction when the Rams called to draft him:

“It was a dream come true. I had such a great time when I visited L.A. with the coaches, I felt like I meshed with the coaches so well together. It really did feel like home, it was crazy. I told all my family that when I got home. Obviously, I couldn’t express that information to anyone else. But when I saw that phone call, it was just a dream come true.”

On what college events he played in and how they helped him to get drafted

“A lot of my credit goes out to [former Rutgers’ head] coach Kyle Flood and [current Rutgers head] coach Chris Ash. I had two college coaches in my career. The way they prepared me mentally, physically and even in a spiritual aspect.”

[www.therams.com]

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm betting on this kid to beat out Smart, he's bigger and seems to have a similar motor.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
"I'm excited to get out there and learn from two of the best d-lineman in the game"

Uh, oh. Did he just diss Brockers?

The rookie is in for it now.