Flipper's 336 Yard Record Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Oh I’m sure it was his hamstring. I remember Ellard’s chronically injured hamstrings as much as I remember him! Almost.
I remember Bruce being the chronic hamstring guy not Ellard. Wrong 80...

Flipper's nickname ah yes thought it was some sort of jumping ability before finding out in a 1989 story/interview that it was just a baby squawk.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
On records yeah Rams have a good number of them, some came close to being broken like the Dickerson rushing and Van Brocklin passing. Discussion sounds familiar and again those that may not ever be broken is 1973 2 safeties in a game by Dryer and 1984 3 safeties in a game - Youngblood sack, Sully and Vann blocked punts.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I remember watching this game with my dad when I was 8 years old. Good times.

Didn't Flipper have rocky hands tho? I seem to remember he was a great WR but always had issues with the droppzies

David Ray

Rookie
Name
Randall
Speaking of Rams and all-time records...

There are 3 Rams in the top 17 of all-time receiving yards.

And there are 4 Rams in the top 18 of all-time rushing yards.

See how quick you can think of 'em without looking 'em up...
Willie Ellison 247 yards rushing against the aints in 1971 at the Coliseum and I got to watch it on TV which was somewhat surprising to me at the time because that was not a marquee matchup. LA RAMS 45 aints 28.

Tano

Legend
Willie Ellison 247 yards rushing against the aints in 1971 at the Coliseum and I got to watch it on TV which was somewhat surprising to me at the time because that was not a marquee matchup. LA RAMS 45 aints 28.
I remember that game and I could have sworn I started following the Rams in 1972

Oh well - I probably paid attention to them from time to time before that